Below you'll find recent contributions related to Ray Blake's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Israel "suspends" segregation on buses after global uproar calling it apartheid
Earlier today, the Israeli press reported that Palestinian and Israeli passengers on buses to the West Bank would be segregated as part of a "three month trial" starting today. The proposal had been ...
|29 shots, 2 dead, No Charges: The West Bank, Ferguson and Obama's call for Community Policing.
A blogger who goes by the name "John Brown" writes at +972mag, often with righteous fury. Over the past few months, he's teamed up with Noam Rotem to research incidents where Palestinian civilians ...
|Israeli Soldiers Reveal the Horrors of Gaza in 'Breaking the Silence' Report
Originally published in Tikkun Daily A major in Israel's infantry, who fought in the Northern Gaza Strip during Israel's assault in the summer of 2014, talks of devastation. He talks of endless ...
|David Harris Gershon||05/18/2015||83|
|What we know now about Iraq we knew back then, too
Seeking to avoid the multi-day saga that Jeb Bush endured ...
|Sorry, Jeb. Your brother did create ISIS||Jon Perr||05/17/2015||139|
|Filastin: Despite literal "smoking gun", settlers cleared of charges for shooting
This is a roundup of news related to Palestine with a particular focus on grassroots action and peaceful civil disobedience in the Occupied Territories and within the borders of Israel proper. We ...
|Thirteen Things I Learned in Iran
[This piece originally appeared at Huffington Post .] Istanbul, Turkey - I just experienced the blessing of visiting Iran for the first time. Here are some things I learned. 1. If you are visiting ...
|Israel's Justice Minister admires Ayn Rand, wants BDS to be illegal but led boycott of Palestinians
There are a lot of stories on Ayelet Shaked, the newly appointed Justice Minister of Israel and about Netanyahu's new government. I expect her appointment will have a significant impact on the ...
|Lesson #0 From Gaza Soldier Testimonies: WHERE'S THE WAR ???
Last week, the Israeli dissident organization "Shovrim Shtika" (Hebrew) , or "Breaking the Silence" (English) , has released a booklet with 111 soldier testimonies from last summer's war on Gaza. ...
|BREAKING: Vatican Recognizing Palestinian State (OR: Pope Flips Off Bibi)
I'm not much for organized religion for a whole host of reasons (starting with anti-feminist, anti-gay stuff). But, hell (ooopppssss, better not say that either), this is pretty cool.
|A Breathtakingly Immoral Plan
One of the largest humanitarian dramas on the planet is playing out in the waters off the coast of Libya. Thousands upon thousands of desperate refugees are risking their lives trying to cross the ...
Recommended by Ray Blake
- No, this isn't a War Diary. So you can feel free to read on. If anything, this is a Peace Diary. Because it explains how you can help to be a force for Peace, Human Rights, and Dignity for an ...138 comments 37 Recs
- Dear Mr. Wiesel, I was extraordinarily dismayed to read your advertisement in the New York Times today – the one in which you accuse Hamas of “child sacrifice.” This, on the same day that ...797 comments 386 Recs
- The IDF's wholesale butchery of Palestinians continued today. According to The Guardian : A deadly attack on a school in the city of Rafah in the south of Gaza has been denounced as a "moral ...390 comments 164 Recs
- After Netanyahu played you like a cheap fiddle you said: “We have and I have unequivocally condemned Hamas and the Palestinian factions that were responsible for killing two Israeli soldiers and ...312 comments 163 Recs
- For about a week I've become convinced that the ongoing Israeli attack on Gaza, which started on July 8th, is not just a war crime. It's not just apartheid. It's not just collective punishment. It'774 comments 273 Recs
- I just received an email from Jewish Voice for Peace, with a link to a very powerful and heartbreaking video about the current US government-supported and sanctioned assault on Gaza. The email ...46 comments 70 Recs
- In the mid-19th century, influenced by the nationalism then sweeping much of the continent, some European Jews concluded that the remedy to centuries of persecution and pogroms in Europe and Russia ...161 comments 58 Recs
- A few months ago, when Secretary of State John Kerry amped up his efforts to get an Israeli-Palestinian peace deal, senior members of the Israeli resorted to attacking him personally, while throwing ...174 comments 74 Recs
- From today's Democracy Now! : AMY GOODMAN: We go now to two guests. Rann Bar-On is an Israeli peace activist who participated in Saturday’s protest in Haifa. He is a lecturer in mathematics here ...155 comments 15 Recs
- The semi-official Turkish news agency Anadolu Agency (AA) is reporting that Hamas will present a blueprint for a ceasefire to the Arab League, Egypt, the United Nations and Jordan tomorrow. ...78 comments 21 Recs
Ray Blake's Blogroll
- No current results.