Below you'll find recent contributions related to Rezkalla's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Young People's Pavilion: Bedtime For Chickies
"To write a good young picture book ... You have to write with all the skill of an adult who understands words, rhythm, rhyme, character, and story and all the heart and soul of a child who ...
|The Book Bear||05/24/2015||1|
|Books So Bad They're Good: A Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Summer in Badbookistan
'Tis summer, and time for a middle aged woman's fancies to turn to thoughts of bad books. Not only bad books, of course. I picked up several excellent books at Kalamazoo last week, two of which I'...
|Write On! Pacing
Hello, writers. Last week we talked about making time pass in a narrative. Now I’d like to talk about a related area, pacing. Pacing a story well means spending as little time as possible over ...
|Bookflurries-Bookchat: Driver, Follow That…Book!
Welcome to bookchat where you can talk about anything...books, plays, essays, and books on tape. You don’t have to be reading a book to come in, sit down, and chat with us. It is necessary in ...
|Wonder What Bin Ladin Read in Bed?
Need to know what volumes were on Bin Ladin's bookshelf? Curious if his reading tastes were close to yours? Ever consider if what you read makes you who you are, or is who you are dictated by what ...
|Indigo Kalliope: Poems from the Left: May's 3rd Tuesday & Salute to a Friend
So, here I am, racing another deadline, though I've had a pretty good idea of what I was going to write about for at least a few days. As long as I've admired the work of poets I have the privilege ...
|Monday Murder Mystery: Debtors' prisons and 'The Devil in the Marshalsea'
Marshalsea Prison, 1773 Click to enlarge On June 1, 1729, William Acton, one-time butcher and deputy ...
The mainstay of fairy tales and most romances, feminine beauty in this sort of literature is usually raised to incredible (and incredulous) heights as synonymous with virtue, goodness and truth. In,
|Karen Hedwig Backman||05/18/2015||3|
|Medieval Studies Rewind: I'm Still A Gal in Kalamazoo
Tonight, I come to you from the past. Partially this is due to where I am: the Kalamazoo Medieval Studies Congress at Western Michigan University. This annual conference, which brings together ...
|An Approached to E. M. Forster
Or How Classical Liberals Became Socialists Disclaimer: I am one of those people who knows a little bit about a lot of stuff, but who is not an expert at anything. I hope you forgive me if I and ...
|The Great Symmetry
My science fiction novel The Great Symmetry is now out in the world. The intro has a brief description of the book, while the main diary has some philosophy and personal observations. In the ...
|Write On! How to make time pass.
Hello, writers. One of the little tricks a writer has to learn is how to make time pass. In a story, that is. An author at a retreat I attended last year made a throwaway comment in conversation: “
| Bookflurries-Bookchat: The Great Reading Quest
Welcome to bookchat where you can talk about anything...books, plays, essays, and books on tape. You don’t have to be reading a book to come in, sit down, and chat with us. "Out of the night, ...
|Spot In My Eye (Indigo Kalliope: Poems From the Left)
Spot in my eye, rolling in black water, fumbling for an object in a dark house. What I've seen past the spot might be better. Worrisome blind blur allows no ease. Pry-bar touches ribs, dig your ...
Recommended by Rezkalla
- (photo credit: Rollins College) From Talking Points Memo : Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) said Wednesday that it's "really arrogant" for people to say there's a scientific ...105 comments 110 Recs
- A portion of the 4-mile-wide oil spill near Santa Barbara, CA Campers at popular Refugio State Beach in California were alarmed by noxious fumes and notified authorities, who discovered ...101 comments 157 Recs
- On the good news front, General Electric will announce today a technological development resulting in a 20% increase in efficiency of wind technology. http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/GE-...7 comments 9 Recs
- Honest answer to a reader's question No snark, no smartassery. This is one of the finest responses I've ever seen to this kind of question. Setup: The Charlotte Observer's Taylor Batten wrote a ...139 comments 648 Recs
- Congratulations Alberta, Canada! With a large majority Alberta, Canada has just elected a people friendly, environment friendly premier! Great for Canada and the rest of the world!71 comments 242 Recs
- For anyone interested in debunking climate change myths, there's a great resource that should be your first read: the Debunking Handbook . It's a short and simple guide on what to do and what not to ...8 comments 6 Recs
- Tara Hills has written a piece for thescientificparent.org chronicling her decision to become an anti-vaxxer and then return to believing in vaccinations. ...129 comments 190 Recs
- I recently wrapped up installation on a medium sized off-grid solar system on my remote property in south-central Montana. I felt my story is worth telling, because it was easier and cheaper than ...67 comments 152 Recs
- "We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet. I imagine they might exist in massive ships, having used up all the resources ...58 comments 64 Recs
- Most Americans have difficulty comprehending exponential growth. A few years ago Dr. Albert A. Bartlett professor emeritus of the University of Colorado at Boulder explained it well in this video ...17 comments 9 Recs
- No current results.