Posting History for Richard Trumka
|Why We Need to Talk About Wages
What’s wrong with our economy? People are more productive than ever, yet they don’t see their hard work reflected in their paychecks. Wages aren’t rising. We hear time and time again it is ...
|We Need to Talk About Ferguson
Earlier this month, I strayed from my usual convention speech at the Missouri AFL-CIO Convention in St. Louis . You see, it was time for us in the labor movement to talk about Michael Brown’s ...
|A Working-Class Hero Helped Win Pay Rule for Home Care Workers
What work is more important than caring for those who are elderly, sick or dying? It’s hard work bathing people who can’t bathe themselves, cooking and cleaning, helping people get dressed and ...
|Future of Working People? We’re Still Listening
What kind of movement do working people need to build a better future? What changes should labor make? Those are some of the questions I posed to you two months ago—and Daily Kos readers and ...
|What Marcus’ Story Says About America
In 2010, after his Illinois printing company was bought by a private equity firm, Marcus Hedger was illegally fired for his union activities as a shop steward for the Graphic Communications ...
|Future of Work, Unions? Let’s Talk.
Future of Work, Unions? Let’s Talk. Many of you know that I grew up in the small coal mining town of Nemacolin, Pa. I worked in the mines while I went to college, got a law degree and got my ...
|Immigration Reform: My Story
This is a good moment to explain why I feel so passionately about enacting immigration reform that provides a real pathway to citizenship for 11 million immigrants who call this country home. ...
|What’s Behind Michigan's 'Right to Work' for Less Law?
With the Michigan legislative vote today on “right to work” for less , people are asking what’s at the bottom of all this. Is the legislature “
|Boehner, Listen to the Voters—and Save Your Party
It's time for House Speaker John Boehner and the Republican leadership to stop holding America's middle class hostage and instead join Democrats in saying "No" to another tax cut for the rich. That'...
|Giving Thanks for Hostess Workers
This is the new American story, but someone finally stood up and said, “Stop!” Pundits should be applauding the Bakery Workers of Hostess Brands for standing up to Wall Street interests ...
|Tell Congress: No Benefit Cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid
America’s workers are coming together around our shared belief that working families need more economic security—not less—and the wealthy simply need to pay their fair share. No more Bush ...
|New Poll: Ohio Union Members Energized to Re-elect President Obama and Senator Sherrod Brown
This is cross-posted from the AFL-CIO Now blog . An election eve poll taken among AFL-CIO union voters in Ohio shows that Ohio working families strongly support President Barack Obama and Senator ...
|Get Out the Vote: Get Your 'Vote Hands' Ready
We're down to the wire and here's a fun reminder to get your 'vote hands' ready. We're ready, are you? Call our Election Protection Hotline: 1-866-OUR-VOTE if you experience any problems at the ...
|I Want To Talk to You about the Most Important Election in My Lifetime
Overwhelmingly, core economic issues like protecting Medicare, ending tax cuts for the rich, creating good jobs and rejecting the failed economic policies of the past, are driving working-class ...
|Calling Out Romney's Hypocrisy on Coal
This is a cross-post from the AFL-CIO Now blog by Mike Hall. If there is a “war on coal,” as Mitt Romney and his corporate coal operator backers have trumpeted throughout coal country, ...
|Election 2012: The Great Vision Divide
I don’t remember, in previous presidential elections, ever seeing a sharper contrast between two visions for America.
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Richard Trumka
- Let’s be honest. Sometimes, outside of election campaign seasons, even progressives wonder what’s so great about unions. Sure, we had a role to play before job safety laws, the eight-hour day, ...38 comments 84 Recs
- The Boehner Who Stole Christmas Working people of all ages count on Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid a lot but John Boehner and his billionaire buddies certainly do not. Bohner hates ...4 comments 5 Recs
- Words have meanings. Expensive clothing store Unionmade sells clothes that aren't actually union-made , and the AFL-CIO is asking it to cease ...1 comments 28 Recs
- With Mitt Romney’s Etch-a-Sketch-iness, it was no surprise when, at the Oct. 16 presidential debate, he told college student Jeremy Epstein he’ll make sure young people can afford college and ...8 comments 52 Recs
- When I was a child, I saw voter suppression firsthand. And it’s ugly. I was just a little girl and I wanted a new pair of shoes. You can’t get new shoes now, my mother told me, because she had ...23 comments 224 Recs
- Why? Because Mr. Straight Talk is actually Mr. Double Talk. Just watch, wait, and listen. You'll hear a policy position you agree with on every issue. Just ignore what he's saying out of the other ...20 comments 33 Recs
- Ironically placed on MSNBC during _Countdown_, the ad, created by the even more ironically named Coalition for a Democratic Workplace , depicts ...14 comments 23 Recs
- Help fight Ariz. bill to ban ethnic student groups like MEChA, Black Business Students Assoc. Multiculturalism is a basic American concept. We value the beliefs, traditions, ...15 comments 14 Recs
- Larry Joe Doherty: When I sued lawyers, I sued them for breaching their fiduciary duty, failing to put the interest of their clients above their own. I've known how to do that for more ...18 comments 24 Recs
Richard Trumka's Tags
- No current results.
Richard Trumka's Blogroll
- No current results.