Below you'll find recent contributions related to Rick B's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|House seeking to slash spending on Earth science
Hard to believe there were times when either political party regularly distinguished itself and alternately embarrassed the entire nation when it came to science. Or that for a few brief shining ...
|This week in science: stardrive?
There is great excitement in some corners of the space exploration community this week, as several NASA people opened up a discussion with engineers and others outside the agency over a mysterious,
|BFSkinner's good news: Leaving the hospital Sat, Sun, or Mon
I visited BFSkinner in the hospital this afternoon. He is no longer bleeding. He did *not* have a vena cava filter placed, and there is no plan for him to have one implanted at this time. He ...
|Thawing permafrost could boost global warming in more ways than one
Rapidly thawing Arctic permafrost and coastal erosion on the Beaufort Sea, Arctic Ocean, near Point Lonely, AK. Photo Taken in August, 2013 Power plants and automobiles burning fossil fuels and ...
|KosAbility: May Update
May 3 - Besame will be discussing her experience with at least one app used to track chronic illnesses Also, May is NEID - neuro-endocrine-immune disorders/diseases awareness month. NEID includes CFS/
|CA Kossack aitchdee: Struggling to Make It to SSDI
This is a followup diary to the one I posted last week ,
|A simple way to show solidarity with Nepal during reconstruction
My adult daughters, in a strange turnaround, keep demanding to know my exact whereabouts these days, since the earthquake here in Nepal. I am fine and I was nowhere near the epicenter. My teaching ...
|Kitchen Table Kibitzing: Wed. 29 April'15: Basic How-To at a Diary Saying a Kosak Needs Our Help
Input for improvement welcome: comment or kosmail to diary writer. Revision is in process. JOB 1: Someone with permission of the kosak in trouble has written a diary stating who's the kosak in ...
|2 Shelterboxes bought! 275 towards a new 500 match!
A Response Team volunteer message to donors. ShelterBox Response Team volunteer Becky Maynard has a message for donors and supporters which we're releaseing as she's 30,000 feet in the air flying ...
|BFSkinner bled again. Back in hospital, awaiting surgery.
Sigh. Our friend BFSkinner returned to the emergency room on Friday due to intestinal blood loss and extreme weakness. He remains hospitalized at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan, ...
|KosAbility: Modifications to Home and Work Settings
A short introduction and then deeper into subject of making changes in your home and work environment. I have 30 + year history of providing and coordinating care for various elderly relatives. In ...
|A drone too far?
As a youngster, I built and flew model aircraft, similar in principle to the one above, but we didn't call them drones. We called them radio-controlled airplanes and if you have a son or daughter ...
|The Failure of Privatization
Sell Yosemite! Dump the Post Office, the prison system, education, Social Security!! Conservatives have been pushing this agenda for decades, insisting that private ownership would increase ...
|T C Gibian||04/26/2015||11|
|Creationists still blaming Darwin for Columbine
If creationism is the zombie lie behind all biology and geology, the Governor's Mansion in Louisiana might stand in for the castle ruins where the burnt and battered monster is reanimated and sent ...
|This week in science: she's a witch!
Will the real Mike Rogers (R-AL) please stand up? Because there's a fire and brimstone Mike Rogers who hates him some commie leader and likes to wax elegantly on a certain president who ...
|aitchdee Update: Progress Made, Help Still Needed in CA
I last wrote in January about the troubles of long-time kossack aitchdee -- you can see that diary here . Since ...
|KosAbility: Schedule Update- April & May
April 26 Modifications to Home and Work Settings - studentofearth May 3 - Collaborative open thread, Besame and others May is NEID - neuro-endocrine-immune disorders/diseases awareness month. NEID ...
|I Need Help -- And In Exchange, A Kontest With A Poll!
This is a difficult diary for me to write. I have always been a big fan of "It is more blessed to give than to receive," but I am going to have to give in and do some receiving, if any of you are ...
|US ground to orbit launch capability is dependent on former enemies
So close! SpaceX almost landed a Falcon 9 lower stage vertically on an autonomous barge and they'll probably succeed soon If it was written into a Cold War movie plot 40 years ago no one would buy ...
|Calling all kossacks - help needed - please rec this
$343 is not that much money...but it is needed by tomorrow. I posted a diary earlier via the Daily Kos Fund Raisers group, but it didn't get much attention and only raised $60 - which I and Fineena ...
|One Pissed Off Liberal||04/22/2015||194|
|New Anti-Warren Smear: She Hates Social Security!
Most publications geared towards Federal employees are pretty honest, straightforward, and trustworthy. Then there's "FedSmith". FedSmith seems to be run by and stuffed with writings from people ...
|Is Social Security a tired, old idea?
In between the [http://thehill.com/policy/international/239332-clinton-supporter-benghazi-probe-a-political-exercise Benghazi] attacks/ hearings and the [Clinton Foundation http://www.nytimes.com/...
|john s mill||04/20/2015||66|
Making others feel good about themselves is my superpower. I don’t do it consciously - it’s more of a part of who and what I am. I’m Larime Taylor, and I was born with Arthrogryposis, a ...
|Did Hillary Clinton just take Social Security cuts off the table?||Joan McCarter||04/20/2015||97|
|420 and Pain Management
My body is all beat to hell after working in one career for 30+ years, [For info on where my head is at and what I did for work, see my first diary, published in Nov 2008: http://www.dailykos....
|Santa Susanna Kid||04/20/2015||106|
|Beyond the Hubble
The Cat's Eye Nebula as seen by the Hubble Space Telescope in the constellation Draco. Click to embiggen Ask anyone to name a telescope and odds are one answer will come up every time: Hubble. Not ...
|KosAbility: Psychosomatic Disorders Are Real
I grew up with the same belief as most, that psychophysiologic [better known as psychosomatic] disorders were "all in your head." I didn't learn better until my 2nd year of nursing school, so it ...
Recommended by Rick B
- Nineteen-year-old Mollie Judith Olgin and eighteen-year-old Mary Christine Chapa of Portland, Texas, near Corpus Christi, were found Saturday in an area park. They were lying in knee-deep grass. ...217 comments 372 Recs
- At the Guardian, Decca Aitkenhead interviews Paul Krugman about his book End This Depression Now! . Some excerpts:86 comments 55 Recs
- Can you believe it? I certainly can't. Exactly 10 years ago, I wrote my first tentative words on a site I called "Daily Kos" until I could think of a better name (which obviously never happened).511 comments 503 Recs
- In a 1984 interview John O’Sullivan asked Friedrich Hayek to explain the contradiction between the reality of English freedom and his argument that economic planning leads down the Road to ...99 comments 88 Recs
- Want to know where to go to stuff envelopes for Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's campaign? Want a Scott Walker lawn sign? Well, tough. The location is a secret. Not just not publicly listed in an ...54 comments 66 Recs
- Freedom, Barbed Wire Sky, Wikimedia Behind the barbed wire around our prisons is a cesspool, a word Federal Judge Carlton Reeves used to describe conditions in the Walnut Grove Youth Detention ...183 comments 211 Recs
- You make Jesus cry. Now I'm no top-notch political strategist, but ... While the Southern Baptist Convention’s political arm, the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, is mired ...34 comments 44 Recs
- *The successful Republican attempt to balloon gas prices over $5 dollars a Gallon!*18 comments 9 Recs
- This is a very interesting story about the McCains and one of their homes in a local Arizona paper today. It seems the McCains tried to ...344 comments 709 Recs
- Since I was a little less than proactive about this issue last week on television (for reasons which I think will become readily apparent), I thought I'd offer a little preview of an item on tonight'...1069 comments 965 Recs
Rick B's Tags
- No current results.
Rick B's Blogroll
- No current results.