Below you'll find recent contributions related to Ron1951's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Teachers of the Year tell us what's holding students back and where they'd spend education money
President Obama with 2015 teacher of the year Shanna Peeples. Every year, each state chooses its teacher of the year. This year, the Council of Chief State School Officers and ...
|U.S. is paying the price for not investing in trains, and it's stupid
House Speaker John Boehner may think it's "stupid" to suggest that the recent fatal Amtrak crash had anything to do with lack of funding, but the evidence ...
|This week in the war on workers: Who gets the benefits of trade deals?
The Senate advanced fast-track authority for the Trans-Pacific Partnership on Thursday.
|How many minimum wage hours would you have to work to afford rent in your state?
Click map to enlarge Minimum wage increases passed by cities and states around the country are great news for low-...
|McConnell's NSA ploy fails, Senate blocks Patriot Act extension
The Senate provided a scene of remarkable drama in the ...
|When is a campaign not a campaign? When it's Jeb Bush's!||Joan McCarter||05/22/2015||26|
|Obamacare got 12 million insured, now Congress has to fix the system for all the underinsured
Healthcare reform is not done. Not by a long shot. While Obamacare has gone a very long way ...
|What did, or didn't, the Duggar family learn from son Josh's sexual offenses?||Laura Clawson||05/22/2015||181|
|Export-Import Bank issue promises more Republican strife
Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-TX) Sen.
|States explore teaming up on Obamacare exchanges
Running health insurance exchanges, states have found, is a complicated and expensive proposition. For a handful of states, that meant opting to use the federal Obamacare exchange, which is now ...
|Obama administration throws Rick Scott a temporary Medicaid bone
The Obama administration has offered Florida Gov. Rick Scott a partial compromise in Scott'
|Despite Republican attacks, Obama is 'very clear on the lessons of Iraq'
|New York Times does its best to be a 'real opponent' to Hillary Clinton
Anyway, this is the polite version of the face I made when reading this article.
|The Republican replacement plan for Obamacare in one graphic
That's Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT) on the Senate floor Thursday, summing up the Republican plan for the millions of Americans who could lose health insurance with the Supreme Court's King v. Burwell ...
|Daily Kos Labor digest
Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner is trying to buy votes for his anti-worker agenda .
|What does defense spending have to do with endangered species? Everything, for Republicans
Rep. Jackie Speier (D-CA) was not impressed. The House passed the National Defense Authorization Act this week, and while much of the ...
|Primary season flip-flops won't hurt Republicans, former Romney adviser says
Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) As the Republican presidential primary gets into gear, the ...
|Trade Promotion Authority vote secured on Export-Import Bank promise
Thursday morning, the ...
|NSA fight in Senate bleeds into weekend
The administration has sent dire warnings about NSA having to shut down ...
|If Hillary Clinton isn't talking to reporters, who should she be listening to?
Some enterprising reporters have moved on, as New ...
|Jeb Bush touts failed Florida Medicaid experiment
Jeb Bush apparently thinks the "compassionate conservative" idea that his brother so cynically ran on will work for him, too. He's using his Medicaid experience in Florida as evidence that he ...
|Republicans hope ISIS will help them fearmonger their way to the White House
Republicans think they can get voters to forget who's really ...
|Senate advances Trade Promotion Authority bill
The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...
|Fox News has set the rules. Which GOP candidates will make it onto the debate stage?
Eight looked like a lot in 2012 debates, but ...
|House does something productive, but McConnell's Senate is there to potentially mess it up
The House did something productive this week. Well, semi-productive. ...
|McDonald's can't ignore worker protests before shareholder meeting||Laura Clawson||05/20/2015||14|
|12 million private Obamacare plan sign-ups. What are you going to do with that, Republicans?
Charles Gaba calls it : 12 million people have signed up for health insurance through the Obamacare exchanges. Over 9 million, according ...
|Republicans in disarray over NSA reform
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell still insists that the PATRIOT Act provision ...
|Nebraska legislature votes to repeal death penalty
Nebraska's legislature has voted to repeal the state's death penalty by what should be a veto-proof margin. The vote was ...
|Utah police chief: We need to expand Medicaid to help fight crime
This is one of the best arguments for Medicaid expansion ...
Recommended by Ron1951
- It is time to shine a light on the strategies used by Democrats, and on the Democratic infrastructure that uses those strategies.402 comments 555 Recs
- So the point of the lawsuit against President Obama is becoming a little more clear. Remember, the suit isn't asking for any relief, an injunction on the law, a change in the law, or anything. They'...108 comments 93 Recs
- 82 comments 172 Recs
- Rounds admits he knew aide was headed to beef plant he'd just authorized $600,000 in state loans forMike Rounds, giving out loans like ...75 comments 79 Recs
- Why any ostensibly rational person living in Kentucky, Tennessee, the Carolinas, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, or Louisiana who saw this map, and still would think their states' Republican leaders' ...419 comments 401 Recs
- Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX)105 comments 63 Recs
- The costs of five years of wage cuts are adding up. For five years corporations have enlarged their profit by taking the money directly from the wages of their workers. However, that is a zero-sum ...86 comments 154 Recs
- Jennifer Odum, who's deceased toddler got one of the Koch's fake voter registration forms in North Carolina.44 comments 56 Recs
- Yep. Koch owns us.28 comments 36 Recs
- Let's get rid of Husted once and for all. Help elect Nina Turner.28 comments 57 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.