Posting History for SQD35R
|Mesa Az. Fire Department taking medical first response to a new level
I am an ex volunteer/paid firefighter and, like many things it gets in the blood. Although not active, on occasion I still look at "industry" news. Today I came across this interesting article ...
|Any ideas to help stop a small community from being annexed by a city for a developer's profit?
A small, but growing unincorporated community in Riverside County, California is being threatened by annexation by a neighboring city in order for a developer to get lower cost permits and quicker ...
|McDonalds workers in NYC on strike
McDonalds and Yum brands (KFC, PaPa Johns, and Burger King) went on strike today for union formation and better pay. Union is a good idea but I am not sure if 15 dollars an hour is aiming a bit too ...
|Firefighters describe the Tucson Shooting
As some of you know I was in the fire department for a short time. I still get emails from one of the "industry" magazines. Right now the magazine (Firehouse) is sponsoring a fire service ...
A History of Coal Museum is installing 200 solar panel to save costs. Of course it is not in the US but in Britian. The museum manager stated that it will save over 650,000 in energy cost in the 25 ...
|An interesting example of a neo-con fire department
I found this comment on an old comment thread regarding firefighting aircraft. The discussion leading to this comment was concerning how firefighting aircraft (the tankers you see dropping water ...
|Remember the early birth control fighters
I just ran across this article and thought it important with all the discussion of limiting access (actually removing access) to birth control: early fighter I honestly never heard of Mr. Baird, ...
|Yes, let's cut Fire Services!!!
Scary video that was shot in Michigan at a burning cleaners. (after the wonderful commerical, sorry)
|White Supremacist for sheriff in Idaho
Just a quick note, this came up on the internet a couple of hours ago. get out the vote against. I am sure that he "won't discriminate on the job". He will just make sure that the criminals he ...
|New video found of Challenger explosion
Ran across this and thought the DKos community may want to see this. I remember being a senior in high school and working in the library for a morning class period and watching this on a tv. Very ...
|Skynet is almost here.
I just got sent this link to a Washington Post blog. The video is cool in a technology sense, but scary in a "Terminator" kind of way.
|private citizian using "drone" finds river of blood
An person flying a remote control plane equipped with a camera found a "river of blood" flowing out of a meat packing plant in Texas. The pilot ended up calling the Texas Environmental Crimes Task ...
|Firefighters = Police at 4 AM
This may be old news and discussed here before but I found this interesting article in Firehouse.com, a website (from the magazine of that name) that is an "industry" magazine for fire departments. ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by SQD35R
- Take Back the Land by Rick Boyer No doubt the Duggar debacle's saturation of media is causing Duggar burnout, but let's take a peek ...87 comments 238 Recs
- 182 comments 86 Recs
- The only course open to us now is to make an assault by fire on the barbarians under cover of night. Sun Tzu One byproduct of warfare, horrible as it may be, is that technology tends to make ...53 comments 77 Recs
- Unintentionally, I got into a debate this morning with someone convinced that private schools were the answer to fixing our public education system. Their reasoning was that If you have a failed ...13 comments 6 Recs
- My God is not your God. My God is Science. My prayer is study and learning. My worship is research. My holy books are Brittanica and Principia Mathematica. My saints are Albert, Isaac, and Nikola. St.33 comments 4 Recs
- Triumph of Death Wall Painting, ca. 1448, Palazzo Abatellis, Palermo, Italy. The black death killed thirty to fifty percent of the ...150 comments 233 Recs
- My New Year pledge: to remind my politicians that their first goal should be to serve ALL our children, because they are all OUR children. It's easy for us to claim a child as "ours" if she's our ...2 comments 7 Recs
- Certainly this was diaried earlier in the day but this story is so horrific I have to say something if only for myself. A 14-year-old, Mehran Khan, said about 400 students were in the hall when ...18 comments 10 Recs
- You will rarely see the biggest, most explosive story in California environmental politics covered in either the mainstream media or most so-called "alternative" media. This giant environmental ...8 comments 17 Recs
- What are we doing to each other? And when I ask that I mean all of us black, white American Indian male and female a like. I saw a commercial for a dating site that was for blacks only, I was ...3 comments 1 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.