Posting History for Sagebrush Bob
|I've got your libertarian paradise for you right here!
Hey Ron Paul fans! Are you tired of paying taxes to fund those damn government services and the jobs that go along with them and vigilante justice rules the land? Are you looking to move to a place ...
|Debt used as a Weapon of Mass Destruction
Austerity has been used as a weapon of mass destruction by the banksters for decades . What's being done to Greece is nothing new. The only difference is that using debt as a WMD used to be employed ...
|Mitt Romney's Neocon War Cabinet
Judging by his advisers, expect Romney to strongly embrace Bush's unilateral interventionism (which arguably never ended) and massive military budgets (which definitely haven't ended).
|Naomi Wolf: Four Alarm Alert -- Red Flashing
If you haven't seen Naomi Wolf's Facebook page today , you need to do so and read her March 30th reports from the hearings for the lawsuit filed by Chris Hedges and others regarding the NDAA.
|KGO "Newstalk 810" is no more
One of the all-time great talk radio stations, San Francisco's KGO 810 has fired Gene Burns, Gil Gross, Ray Taliaferro and John Rothman and (apparently) others as they switch to an "all news" format ...
|Amazing Video: Kid shot with shotgun multiple times and survives
This is an incredible story.
|NYPD Gone Wild 10-05-2011 (Updated with bonus video)
NYPD tried to ram marchers with motorcycles. Serve and protect?
|Worried about the Baucus appointment? It gets worse!
Ari Berman points out that Max Baucus may be the least of our worries .
|Many of us live in a reality world
Here's a dose of reality from Thom Hartmann for those who think that we are the ones living in a fantasy world:
|The final words of a killer that should not be ignored
Hate is going on in this world and it has to stop. Hate causes a lifetime of pain.
|Bill Clinton still talking like a Republican - calls for corporate tax cut
Today Bill Clinton suggested that the corporate tax rate is too high and needs to be lowered.
|Catfood Commission - Does this sound familiar?
What do you think about these recommendations and how they compare to what we're hearing from the Catfood commission?
|Paranoia: 6-year-old Alyssa Thomas placed on terrorist watch list
My country is officially paranoid.
|Justice Stevens gets it. ACLU doesn't.
Corporations are different from human beings! For those who haven't had the chance yet, I highly recommend that you take a look at Justice Stevens' brilliant rebuttal to the majority opinion in ...
|Kseniya Simonova's amazing sand paintings
Kseniya Simonova is a 24 year old Ukranian artist who creates an amazing art experience using a giant light box, dramatic music, imagination and her incredible "sand painting" skills.
|Forced to choose between little or nothing at all
I choose little. I've come around to the point where, if I were in Congress, I'd likely vote in favor the bill that we will get. I am not, however, pleased with it or the way that the White House ...
|Jim Cornette lays the "Smackdown" on Joey Styles (and Vince McMahon too)
I just learned that Joseph Carmine Bonsignore, better known by as Joey Styles (former ECW and WWE wrestling announcer and current Director of ...
|Six people hanged in Tehran. 29 more to be executed tomorrow?
As we are entertained by the Sarah Palin circus and as we in the U.S. take time this weekend to celebrate our nation's birthday, let's not allow ourselves to forget about the situation in Iran.
|Financial Services Committee lined pockets while market tanked. Completely legal apparently.
The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that members of the U.S. House Financial Services Committee, who are supposed to be overseeing the banking industry, seem to have had other things on their minds: ...
|Vote to have massacre of Peruvian indigenous people addressed at the next Progressive Caucus Q&A
Upset about the massacre of Peruvian indigenous people? Please consider voting at progressive.org to ...
|Speaking of class warfare
Regarding Tasini's excellent diary about the fact that there is, indeed, class warfare...
|Google is fixed and all is NOT WELL
FINAL UPDATE (I hope): Google seems to be fixed. In any case, this is a good reminder as to why we should not want one search engine to so dominate that it crushes all ...
|Foxes guarding the henhouse
While I can't say that I'm surprised (since Obama already had that scoundrel Robert "What Meltdown?" Rubin advising ...
|Bill Clinton needs to shut his piehole
What's it going to take to get this man to just give it up?
|The Federal Reserve is going broke
The Federal Reserve started the year with about $800 billion in cash. Jim Jubak, reports that amount is now below $200 billion. Could the U.S. lose it's AAA credit rating?
|World is Watching
The world is watching and the world is hoping,
|Live McCain VP announcement thread
Watch the disaster here!
|On a Slow News Day (secondary poll)
Not a substantial diary here but I just wanted to give the none of the above voters in the poll by BarbinMD's poll a chance to vote.
|A whole lotta dancing
I realize that this doesn't meet the standard for posting a "substantive" diary but I think the inherent message is just too good not to spread all around.
|Hillary won't be nominated as VP (Updated)
Today it's been reported that Hillary is open to being Obama's VP. Fortunately, it won't happen. Update: This concession victory speech of hers tonight should ...
|Bill Clinton says seating half delegates fine
Bill Clinton says that seating Michigan and Florida delegates as half delegates is probably the only solution.
|What Hillary should have said
At first, Hillary Clinton pretty much kept out of it. However, with her lies about Bosnia, SCHIP, and NAFTA making the news, she decided that it was a good idea to try ...
|Corrupting influence of superdelegates
Earlier today, someone on this site accused Barack Obama of trying to buy the votes of superdelegates. He called this bribery.
|Ronald Reagan was right!
WTF you say? Blasphemy you say? Well I implore you to please keep an open mind.
|Poll: Did this debate change your mind?
OK. There are other polls asking who won the debate, but did any of the candidates win over anyone?
|Judge orders Kucinich be included in Nevada debate
Senior Clark County District Court Judge Charles Thompson has ruled that Democratic presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich must be allowed to participate in tomorrows debate in Nevada.
|Obama, Powell and a Nevadan's dilemma
It's the morning of the New Hampshire primary and it appears that Barack Obama will be the clear winner. The time is fast approaching for me to make up my mind about who I'll support in the upcoming ...
|When Republicans (and Democrats) weren't afraid of the L word
When Wendell Willkie ran as a Republican against FDR, he went out of his way to say that he was a Liberal and that he supported Liberal ...
|Crisis in Lebanon Coming to a Head *updated*
U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon fears confrontation in Lebanon if feuding political factions ...
|Hillary Clinton best understands "pressure" of Presidency
Which Presidential candidate is best prepared to deal with the pressure of being President?
|Kucinich supporters... who is your second choice candidate?
As someone who has been struggling to choose between Dennis Kucinich and John Edwards, I'd like to know who Kucinich supporters would back if Kucinich were to drop out of the race.
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Sagebrush Bob
- In Memory of Eduardo Galeano, 1940-2015. At the 2009 Summit of the Americas, Hugo Chavez gave Barack Obama a copy of Galeano's book Open Veins of Latin America which details the United State's ...253 comments 55 Recs
- After dozens of visits and speeches over the past year in places like Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina, doing the dog's work of raising money for Democrats and campaigning for Democrats, ...660 comments 265 Recs
- I worry about Iran. I really do. And I'm glad at least some of our leaders see it for what it is - a lawless nation. It's a threat to peace. Anyone who pays attention knows that. Iran, let's never ...275 comments 389 Recs
- One week ago, BeninSC posted a diary noting that the Republicans are "a party of Orwellian deception" and urging us to ...shine the biggest light on the superiority of Democratic morality. Of doing ...255 comments 734 Recs
- Throughout the extended weekend, there had been rumors circulating around the blogosphere that a huge NSA hacking story— not originating via Edward Snowden—was about to break, and it was going ...710 comments 442 Recs
- Jeremy Scahill of Democracy Now! fame hammered on CNN, MSNBC, and those drooling idiots over at FOX Journalist and documentarian Jeremy Scahill confronted CNN International host Hala Gorani on ...113 comments 272 Recs
- The Clint Eastwood-produced movie "American Sniper" opens in a few days. My satellite TV has been filled with trailers for it and it seems to be receiving quite a bit of hype. I'm 70 yrs old, 28 ...226 comments 168 Recs
- Daily Kos ate my diary so I'm going to keep this short and sweet. We need less "hur hur laugh at the Redumbicans" Front Page diaries and more diaries of substance on the Front Page. Front Page ...438 comments 357 Recs
- It really is a shame, how these people just can't control themself, how they just go completely ape shit at the slightest little thing and begin to tear up their own town, their own community, their ...100 comments 216 Recs
- Sometimes, there are moments so stark that they have the power to encapsulate an ugly truth in a single frame. This is one such moment. Today in Saint Louis, around 100 people demonstrated in ...338 comments 459 Recs
Sagebrush Bob's Blogroll
- Talking Points Memo
- Think Progress
- Crooks and Liars
- Thom Hartmann
- New Deal 2.0
- Greg Palast
- Glenn Greenwald
- World News Network
- World Newspapers, Magazines, & News Sites in English
- FORA.tv Politics