Below you'll find recent contributions related to Sam Wise Gingy's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Bernie Sanders is polling better than EVERY Republican candidate
|The GOP's Iraq Problem
In recent days we've been entertained by the desperate flip-flopping of Republican candidates on the issue of the Iraq War. Beyond the humor factor there is a deadly seriousness to the ...
|"a disturbing and frightening echo of the summer of 2006"
With great fanfare, Baghdad is launching a military offensive to take back Ramadi, and Anbar province in general, from ISIS. The many problems that this offensive symbolizes can best be summed up ...
|An update on the Patriot Act debate
The debate in the Senate about extending the Patriot Act has gotten so bizarre that I suspect it is all kabuki. Mitch McConnell's inability to muster a fillibuster-proof 60 votes for a straight ...
|So what is the GOP strategy for Iraq?
Republican candidates have decided to use the recent setbacks against ISIS as a winning issue in the 2016 election, and it seems to be working. A poll from October shows a majority of ...
|Kansas finds new way to punish the poor
Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback promised to be able to balance the state budget by cutting taxes for the wealthy. That didn't work out. So to help cover the budget gap he has decided to punish the ...
|Right-Wing Mythology: How Obummer Lost Iraq
Right-wing articles are very entertaining. Did you know that we won the Iraq War? I didn't. At least Bush won Iraq before Obama lost Iraq. I've discovered from reading right-wing sources ...
|GOP candidates running for Dubya's Third Term
Even before the Fall of Ramadi the GOP presidential candidates were foaming-at-the-mouth war hawks. It'll only get worse . The message itself is coming through clearly—at the “summit” of ...
|Our Approaching Tet Moment
Leading up to the 1968 Tet Offensive , the Pentagon tried to convince the American public that it was winning the war. General Bruce Palmer, Jr., one of Westmoreland's three Field Force ...
Recommended by Sam Wise Gingy
- A constant talking point used by the right relates to the "Constitution as written", and it is commonly employed to decry progressive government programs that Republicans don't like. "Welfare, ...18 comments 3 Recs
- A Republican presidential primer for kids of all ages! Lovingly adapted from the classic children's book "Goodnight Moon" by Margaret Wise Brown.67 comments 148 Recs
- Every Sunday they sit under the tree by the sidewalk along my front yard. Every Sunday they giggle and watch the hummingbirds, while sharing an ice cream sandwich. She always wears the same ...26 comments 49 Recs
- Sometimes people come up to me and ask “The Church of Earthalujah...what is that? Is it a political rally? Is it a real church? Is it a comedy sketch? What is it?!”3 comments 6 Recs
- I'm a long-time user. I've watched DailyKos grow from a small group of political junkies into a vast, diverse community. Over the past five years, I've read any number of GBCW diaries. I've never ...171 comments 417 Recs
- I don’t know what’s set me off but I’ve just about had it with being nice.196 comments 206 Recs
- [Cross-published from americanstudier.blogspot.com] [Comments, responses, thoughts, rebuttals, and all other takes very welcome!]18 comments 10 Recs
- You know, I have been thinking about this a lot since I had to make the decision not to go to Netroots Nation. I was ready to go, but had to have a "come to jeebus" meeting with myself, and "jeebus" ...49 comments 42 Recs
- 59 comments 65 Recs
- Originally posted here October 2010, but still on my mind, for some reason... go figure. " Questioning growth is deemed to be the act of lunatics, idealists and revolutionaries. ...24 comments 16 Recs
Sam Wise Gingy's Tags
- No current results.
Sam Wise Gingy's Blogroll
- No current results.