Posting History for Sameer Dossani
|Human Rights Missing from Health Care Debate
President Obama - and all of us - would do well to avoid the trap of letting the debate become more about economics than about health care. Instead we should be focussing on the human right to ...
|Chomsky on the Economic Crisis
I promised to post this here so am doing so. Sorry I don't have time to write a proper diary to go along with it... Instead here's a pseudo-deep ...
|UPDATED: Chomsky on Colonialism and Gaza
Update: Now with full text from interview. A couple days ago I had the opportunity to do an interview with Noam Chomsky. The bulk of ...
|Pope warns of 'Gay Threat'
Part of me just wants to ignore this, but I guess a lot of people still listen to the Pope , so here goes...
|Lieberman, Nader and fighting the good fight
A couple of days ago, Kos wrote two diaries dismissing Ralph ...
|The IMF Can't Help End the Crisis
There are a lot of reasons that we're in a global financial crunch right now, and about half of them lead straight back to one Mr. Alan Greenspan. But a good part of the other half of them can be ...
|Out of Afghanistan
While I'm as teary as anybody else about the events of last Tuesday, I'm also pretty uncertain about whether or not President Barack Obama will put an end to U.S. empire. Doing so would not only ...
|Can we please stop echoing the right on the oil addiction meme?
Ok, so now we're (hopefully) getting rid of the last vestiges of Repuglican one-party rule, can we please stop using their ...
|Adam Smith: Socialist Extraordinaire
The Republican party's attempts to educate the public about the dangers of socialism are long overdue. Helpfully, they've even identified the cardinal sin of socialism - taxing rich people (taxing ...
|Breaking: Iraq PM will not sign status of Forces agreement
Havn't seen this diaried as yet, but if it is, let me know in the comments and I'll delete this. Fearing a split in the Iraqi parliament, Iraq's PM Nouri al-Maliki won't sign the status of forces ...
|Friedman v. Keynes Part I: "How Dare They Expect Us Not to be Greedy - That's the point right?
Today's news that Ben Bernanke is now advocating serious government spending in order to help stay the huge downturn in the markets ...
|Neoliberalism and neocolonialism
So as lukewarm as I usually am on the mainstream political parties, and as much as I really see Obama as a kind of bland centrist on most policies, I'm psyched for change. The reason I'm psyched ...
|IMF outlines four point plan of action
Geez, these guys aren't serious . Please can we stop listening to the IMF now? Their free market fundamentalism is ...
|Four Reasons why I can't get too worked up about the financial crisis
Alright, I admit it. There's a part of me that just doesn't care that the entire global financial system is crashing around us. When I first got phone calls from reporters in panic about Bear Stearns,
|Last night's debate and ending the empire
Hearing Obama trying to out-hawk McCain on Afghanistan last night made my stomach do a few somersaults. I've been fighting the Taleban a lot longer than Bush and co. have, and I know one thing: The ...
|Questions More Important than Obama's Veep: U.S. Empire
NB: Long time member, first time diarist. Let me know what you think and if I'm following protocol. Alright, so I admit that the thought of a President Obama makes me feel a bit warm and ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Sameer Dossani
- I used to think Ron Paul was some kind of a nut when I first heard of him speak about the events of 9/11. I don't agree with his Libertarian views but over the past year the more I listening to him ...61 comments 17 Recs
- Saying that publishing the truth and ensuring that citizens are informed about the actions of their government are rights that must be upheld, a judge has struck down moves by the government to ...347 comments 458 Recs
- Making Cenk's remarks and even Cenk personally the villain is a diversion, a clever distraction, a red herring. The implied message of some of the diarists and other critics of the left is that the ...808 comments 591 Recs
- My name is Rebecca Schuler. I am a friend of Matthew, who I think you knew as kwickkick. He asked me to post something here for him. He died on Saturday from cancer. He said that some of you wanted ...546 comments 1754 Recs
- It may well be that in denouncing "Israel's" attack on Gaza one, in an important way, unwittingly does a disservice to the cause of holding the Bush Administration accountable for its crimes. Is ...198 comments 15 Recs
- With today's news of IDF air strikes ...2278 comments 460 Recs
- just in: Dec. 9 (Bloomberg) -- Bank of America Corp. will provide a “limited amount of additional loans” to shuttered Republic Windows & Doors LLC in Chicago to pay ...177 comments 177 Recs
- Deepak Chopra, Indian doctor and intellectual, has spoken some tough truths about the impacts of the war on terror and failures in Iraq on the worldwide terrorist network.31 comments 28 Recs
- All of the "politically pragmatic" excuses for NOT Impeaching George and the boys are now....off the table! There is now no excuse for excusing their crimes. But... As always when ...650 comments 711 Recs
- Bloomberg is reporting that Larry Summers is on a very short list for nomination as Secretary of the ...760 comments 784 Recs
Sameer Dossani's Tags
- No current results.
Sameer Dossani's Blogroll
- No current results.