Posting History for Seitanist
|What Liberals Want: The Virtuous Cycle
AlyoshaKaramazov recently suggested that we talk about what progressives are for , not just what we're against. Well, for one thing, we're for a healthy economy. And contrary to what the GOP has ...
|Should 'entitlement' benefit cuts be a primary-able offense? (w/ poll)
Primary-ing a Democrat is definitely something we shouldn't consider without ample justification. It's full of risk, since incumbents have a tremendous advantage in name recognition, fund raising ...
|Progressive Voter Guide web tool: Because low visibility races matter
Yesterday I began the process of preparing to vote for the fall election. Obviously, some decisions are very easy. But this year I also have to vote on whether to retain 3 state supreme court ...
|Weather extremes website
Weatherunderground has a new web page that lets you view extreme weather of various types (that you can select) in a specified timeframe: Weather extremes . This is very cool, as shows very ...
|That Vision Thing
During his presidential campaign running against Bill Clinton, H.W. Bush famously responded to a goal related question: “oh, the vision thing”. Quoting Wikipedia: “The oft-cited quote became ...
|HCR: giving seniors a taste of today’s workplace
I believe that well-to-do professional retirees are being exposed to the realities of the modern American workplace as a result of the health care reform effort, and they don’t like what they ...
|Marketing away the GOP
The Bush administration is being widely denounced as a failure lately. But: - They weren’t, really: the “failure” itself was a conservative goal - Lots of Republicans are ...
|Atheist & complicit in evil?
Elfrijole’s “An Atheist’s Thoughts At Christmas” ( http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/12/23/11554/752/792/676540 ) was excellent, and pretty much captures how I am (or ...
|“Independence Day” Saved America!
I haven’t seen any comments on Hollywood’s impact on the election, and perhaps it’s because it’s so obvious. But: bias and prejudice don’t disappear overnight. People ...
|Saturday in Sonoma (California, and I, celebrate our atonement)
Saturday, rented "estate" house in the wine country of Sonoma, the wedding. The two brides, plus numerous family members and friends. Lots of kids: of the siblings of the brides and their friends.
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Seitanist
- A couple of years ago, I spent many hours with Bernie Sanders interviewing him for Playboy magazine (the interview was published in October 2013). I've just received permission to post unpublished ...171 comments 199 Recs
- 2014 Election results called into question by findings of electronic voting machine security expertsAs Jeremy Epstein notes on his Freedom to Tinker blog , in great detail: "If your States election was held in 2014 using the AVS WinVote touchscreen Direct Recording Electronic (DRE) voting machine,290 comments 310 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...815 comments 536 Recs
- The stories about the President and his aides escalating the fight with progressives over Fast Track and TPP are getting me worked up: Democrats Prepare for Battle as Fast Track Nears the Senate ...542 comments 357 Recs
- O'Malley sounds like a Progressive advocate to me. Check out his direct and straight-forward answers, the good Governor recently gave NPR: Transcript : NPR's Full Interview With Martin O'Malley npr.123 comments 84 Recs
- On Friday, in a conference call with reporters, President Obama accused Democratic critics of fast tracking the TPP of being "dishonest," particularly with regard to their claims that the deal is "...740 comments 366 Recs
- For most of his life, Jimmy Carter has been an advocate for human rights. In 1982, one year after leaving the Oval Office, the former US President and his wife Rosalynn Carter, founded ...580 comments 762 Recs
- A couple of ladies were chatting near my cash register the other day after their lunch, as one admired the other's wallet. "Oh, it was only five hundred dollars," she said to her friend. "I wish I'd ...513 comments 534 Recs
- After a long mark-up period, the Senate Finance Committee took its final vote on the trade promotion authority, or "fast track," bill that Ron Wyden (D-OR) and Orrin Hatch (R-UT) had negotiated. ...101 comments 111 Recs
- Tomorrow, federal regulators from the FCC and the DOJ will be meeting with Comcast officials to discuss Comcast’s proposed acquisition of Time Warner Cable. A group of six senators —Ed Markey (...37 comments 99 Recs
- No current results.