Posting History for Shadowmuffin
|Way to go Utah[/golf clap]
It is now legal in Utah to execute prisoners by firing squad. http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/governor-signs-law-making-utah-state-firing-squad-29853808 Probably won't get back to drawing ...
|Time to turn to local politics
It's rather a fool's errand to try and predict the future in politics, and even more foolish to count on your predictions coming true. Nevertheless... On the national level, the next two years are ...
I saw this article by way of Wonkette. Apparently there is a thing where guys buy trucks and tune them badly for the purpose of making huge clouds of soot come out of their exhaust pipes, the ...
|Welfare? What welfare?
One of my guilty liberal secrets is that I've never really been able to dismiss the right wing talking point that welfare breeds dependence. I know that no one aspires to be on welfare and that it ...
|My Democratic Journey
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/22/1249661/-The-Diary-Wherein-I-Humbly-Propose-What-I-Feel-We-All-Need-Right-Now Having read this diary, I wanted to fulfill the request and talk about why I'm ...
|I wonder if it would be possible...
...for the Democrats to find some moderate Republican representative (is that even a thing) and make a deal where they agree to all vote for him for speaker of the house in exchange for opening ...
|Yawning past Hypocrisy
One of the common features of political debates is frequent accusations of hypocrisy. "You didn't care when your guys did something similar," the accusation goes. Here's the thing: I don't care. ...
|All of a sudden, profiling is bad
I thought the conservative line was that profiling was just common sense. Sure you pull over Hispanic drivers and demand their papers; they might be "illegals." Sure you search people of middle ...
|There's always hope
Seven years ago we adopted my son from Korea. It was love at first sight. I still remember the times right after we got him, and how my wife and I would take turns sleeping with him on a mattress ...
|My 2 cents on gun control
I want to start by saying that I fully support the banning of assault-style weapons and especially high capacity magazines. This just seems like common sense. But I don't think this gets at the ...
|The coming debt limit thingy
So it seems the Republicans are looking forward to another debt ceiling crisis. Their plan looks to be that they are going to threaten defaulting on America's loans and destroying the world's ...
|I want to thank the people of WA-01
...for voting down the odious John "I don't see how it helps anyone to not force women to bear their rapist's baby" Koster. The last poll I saw had DelBene up by a couple of points, but she took a ...
|Romney's tax cuts: why bother?
There's one question I haven't heard any media person ask about Romney's tax cut plan that seems really fundamental: what is the goal there? According to Romney the rich won't actually pay less ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Shadowmuffin
- How bad is modern American Journalism? It's so bad that the burning question of the day on the intertubes and elsewhere revolves around whether or not they are even necessary in order for a ...39 comments 33 Recs
- Let's begin by being honest. Shaun King is a polarizing figure. He has a very specific point of view when it comes to American police forces and their dealings with African Americans, and he is ...862 comments 434 Recs
- I have been sitting here for thirty minutes struggling with that question. Why? Because of a diary sitting at the top of Community Spotlight section on Daily Kos written by kay3295 titled "My ...48 comments 287 Recs
- Wow! President Obama is finally taking the gloves off and focusing like a laser on publicly demolishing his opponents in so far as he is able to without literally throwing tomatoes at them. Great ...621 comments 359 Recs
- Story by Pamela Hess, UPI Pentagon Correspondent [not The Onion ] Rumsfeld: Looting is transition to freedom [F]reedom's untidy. And free people are free to make mistakes and commit crimes and do ...103 comments 288 Recs
- So let me get this straight. We're going to outmaneuver the oligarchs by placing a person or two on the SCOTUS while leaving hundreds of neoliberals in place, from the bottom to the White House, ...783 comments 206 Recs
- I am liking this. Bill de Blasio rallied a group of a dozen Progressive leaders which included Sherrod Brown, Dannel Malloy, Van Jones, Katrina vanden Huevel and Toni Morrison, in order to start ...147 comments 206 Recs
- The freedom to marry the person you love is not an affront to the freedom of religion. Gay people have hid in the shadows for centuries. Laws based on religions have condemned us without trial. ...84 comments 31 Recs
- I know I am. I think there's enough proof already. They are crazy liars without a heart who cater to the rich and conservatives and play upon people's intolerance, fear of the new, and ignorance ...608 comments 270 Recs
- The comments section on a post I wrote before the election was fantastic. I hope to post more in the following days. First though I'd like to address the comment that's stuck with me for 3 days: ...112 comments 63 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.