An extraordinary little essay, way too good to ignore:
"The fact that I support this bill as a whole does not mean I agree with everything in it."
"... my Administration will interpret and implement the provisions described below in a manner that best preserves the flexibility on which our safety depends and upholds the values on which this country was founded."
I went to vote this morning and was told that I had requested an absentee ballot. I said "No, no, no, no, no!" or something similar and managed to make it somehow understood that I had NOT requested an absentee ballot. So they started to try and fix it with phone calls and looking in their computers and such... and I stood and waited, certain that someone had tracked me down via DKos and attempted to sabotage my vote. Anyhow after a few minutes they decided to let me vote... but the paranoid side of me is certain that it's because however I voted their thingabobs will overwrite it.
BTW, the parking lot was crazy full but there were only two or three other voters there at the same time. I wonder what that was about.
Oh those pesky neutrinos! I thought I could see right through them and that they were largely a harmless bunch that would just move through and move on... but now they are exceeding the cosmic speed limit. Suddenly E might be a little bit more or a little bit less than m*c*c, or maybe not.
In any case the big bad paper is here: http://static.arxiv.org/...
... and I'm left wondering if there's a smart way to weasel out with gravitational time dilation or some similar weasolous weasalation that will save the speed of light and the cosmos as we know it.
While I would never spread lies about elementary particles of any kind, I have heard that many Florida neutrinos voted for Nader when we really really needed votes for Gore. I don't actually believe that and I have always been against the death penalty but if somehow some of these neutrinos wind up being annihilated... well, what can you do?
Most of us have seen horror stories on various sites about what some police do to law abiding citizens who have the audacity to videotape them while they run rampant over our laws. Congressman Ed Downs, Dem from NY, introduced a resolution on Thursday to protect citizens who video-record police.
A story is here: http://carlosmiller.com/...
I just got an e-mail from some kind of right-winger/conservative type with a multiple choice test. Amazingly, most of the answers are " d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40"
Anyhow, it occurs to me that by carefully selecting the questions one can frame a test to "justify" the profiling of any minority or even a majority.
I wish to encourage the Kos community to carefully consider the dangers of allowing old rich white males into our government -- or even our nation... and come up with the proper test questions to help save us from the dangers of viagra on the loose... er, uhm, I mean old rich white males
I just bumped into this at www.reddit.com and it was too good to ignore:
I AM AN AMERICAN CONSERVATIVE SHITHEEL
this morning I was awoken by my alarm clock powered by electricity generated by the public power monopoly regulated by the US department of energy. I then took a shower in the clean water provided by the municipal water utility. After that, I turned on the TV to one of the FCC regulated channels to see what the national weather service of the national oceanographic and atmospheric administration determined the weather was going to be like using satellites designed, built, and launched by the national aeronautics and space administration...
Oh those dedicated reformers! They are at it again, sort of. The Washington Post has a story:
It looks like Sarah accepted 41 gifts in 20 months totaling $25k. Clearly I'm in the wrong business!
Another Reddit post that is of interest.
"Dear Senator McCain, Here is Gov. Palin's list of earmark requests from February 2008. Will you please stop telling the American people that she never asked for or received any pork barrel projects?"
I found two interesting items on the web today and want to call attention to them.
- A Larry Flynt article declaring that Joe Scarborough is a murderer (wtf?!)
- An article declaring that NEITHER Obama-Biden nor McSame1-McSame2 will be on the ballot in TX because they both missed filing deadlines (wtf?!^2)
Once again those of you who declare that this is not a diary can point out the rules and type nasty things about me.
If I were an acknowledged authority on anything I am certain I would bore you with many pages of prose... but No! Just brief descriptions and links.
I just saw this at www.reddit.com:
... and found it entertaining.
The party that is fully committed to lies and corruption is rallying around drilling as a solution to the high cost of fuels. Please reflect: of all the possibilities this was chosen as their solution because it appears to do something and will solve nothing.
Recommended by Sharkmeister
- So, chalk one up for justice this morning. Nancy Gordeuk has been fired after her ignorant, racist remarks and way less than sincere "the devil made me do it" apology. More below the fold.94 comments 133 Recs
- This is indecent? This week a Pablo Picasso painting went up for auction and broke an incredible ...198 comments 177 Recs
- 366 comments 400 Recs
- The Koch network of liars and paid hacks have been caught lying their asses off in Florida. Cold busted. The Koch network of petrochemical industry protecting astroturfers, basically a bunch of ...43 comments 189 Recs
- Gov. Mike Pence (R-IN) It's getting hard to keep track of everyone who's come out against Indiana's license-to-discriminate law, which is probably why Gov. Mike ...226 comments 125 Recs
- Gov. Mike Pence (R-IN) Indiana legislators ...215 comments 174 Recs
- It seems my earlier diary about the Lockheed F-104 caught the attention of a former USAF F-104 driver. He felt that I (and the USAF) didn't give the plane its due. My first thought was "You mean ...126 comments 165 Recs
- I just saw this unbelievable release from Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility , via the Forecast the Facts Twitter feed. It's been well-reported that Florida Governor Rick Scott has ...231 comments 417 Recs
- Good evening. I’m Joni Ernst. As a mother, a soldier, ...76 comments 97 Recs
- A-10 pilots used to say their plane was ugly but well hung. I've been asked to do a diary about the current controversy surrounding the A-10 vs the F-35. I've done my best to research the topic. I'...303 comments 207 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.