|I ♥ Democratic Socialism
In "Why I Write" (1946), George Orwell wrote a sentence that inspires this group: "Every line of serious work that I have written since 1936 has been written, directly or indirectly, against totalitarianism and for democratic socialism, as I understand it." Democracy and socialism belong together, and neither democracy nor socialism is deserving of its name without incorporating the other. This group discusses and agitates for both, together. Without democracy, what was often labeled "socialism...
|Kossacks for Marriage Equality
Now that we have a few court cases making their way through the system, especially since a W appointee in Connecticut declared DOMA unconstitutional July 31, 2012, it's time to track what's happening in all of them. This group can't become obsolete soon enough!
A place to practice writing a first diary that won't get us publicly consigned to Worst Diary Hell at the GOS (Great Orange Satan). Lurkers come out and play with us! Mentors come by and help us, please!
|Star Trek fans
A meeting place for Star Trek fans on Daily Kos. This group will attempt to archive the many diaries discussing the various aspects of Star Trek or how some other issue relates to Star Trek.
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by SouthernLeveller
- During the 2000 Republican presidential primaries, Arizona Senator John McCain proclaimed Jerry Falwell an "agent of intolerance." But after losing the nomination to George W. Bush, ...37 comments 38 Recs
- Alberta Liberal Party Leader David Swann Cross-posted from Daveberta.ca Now that the great orange chinook has finally put an ...11 comments 14 Recs
- A New York Times story ...78 comments 47 Recs
- Even as GOP presidential candidates beat the drum of "border security first" and continually call Obama's immigration actions "executive amnesty," a new AP-GfK poll finds that many Republican ...15 comments 14 Recs
- The reasons to be skeptical of Hillary Clinton are legion, from her husband's record in the '90s, to her corporate ties (including being on the board of Walmart), to ...643 comments 171 Recs
- In American politics, few people admit mistakes. They are made—and made in excess—but hearing a ...172 comments 92 Recs
- How many times have you heard people complain that there is no difference between the Democrats and Republicans? They complain that it really doesn't matter who is elected, things never change. �13 comments 8 Recs
- Deputy Prime Minister and Liberal Democratic Party leader Nick Clegg is in real danger of losing his ...48 comments 39 Recs
- This from the Anchorage Daily News: Ethan Berkowitz surged to a decisive win over opponent Amy Demboski in the Anchorage mayoral runoff election Tuesday night. With 98 percent of the vote counted,113 comments 277 Recs
- Last week in Texas, a Republican lawmaker proposed an amendment so outrageous, that even some of his own GOP colleagues were repulsed. ...553 comments 368 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.