I just got an email that might mean that things are swinging in our direction.
In his phone chat with the bogus-David Koch, Walker crowed about his appearances on a variety of television outlets. And he took particular relish in his dismissal of the President of the United States:
I've been going after Obama because he stuck, although he's backed off now but he stuck his nose in here... last time I checked this guy's got a much bigger budget deficit than we do and maybe he should worry about that. And not stick his nose in Wisconsin business.
This is a classic state's-rights posture: the big bad fedrul gov'mint got no business tellin' me how to run my state.
He's wrong on a couple of counts:
Really, you can't.
Have you been annoyed with the limp excuses from Democrats about how much they hate letting the wealthy get away with a tax cut, but they had no choice but to cave? I have.
Now's the time for more precision in the language used to describe the sorry state of affairs we're facing. The deal cut by the Obama administration and the Republican leadership is not really the "Bush tax cuts" anymore. Obama and the GOP own this one. And it spells trouble any way you look at it.
I've defended the president in comments on DKos diaries and elsewhere. No more. I retract every argument that I've made because his latest deal with the Republicans has shown me that he no longer deserves my support.
On the flip, you'll find my letter to him today.
There have been some very wise challenges to Glen Beck's attempts to Christianize the founding of the United States. Doing some research on another matter, I came upon a fascinating letter from Thomas Jefferson that sheds light on his attitudes.
Last night on NBC Nightly News, John Hofmeister, former exec of Shell Oil, ran down the possibilities. In his rundown of bad to worse, he noted that the last option would be to implode the well, which I recall him saying "which no one wants to see" (or something to that effect, the video is no longer available on their site.)
That got me thinking: really? no one wants to see the well imploded? Um, if that will stop the leak, then I want to see it. In fact I would have been much happier if that's what they did a month ago now.
Yesterday's elections all add up to one thing, so Chuck Todd and others in the know tell us: if you're an incumbent, you might as well resign.
In yesterday's presser, President Obama rebuffed a question about the tilted health care playing field. While it made for good TV, his claim that a public option will bring honest competition to the health care marketplace is not true.
Senator Susan Collins, Maine Chair of the the McCain campaign, has recently criticized the robocalls that are reaching residents of her state. She has asked McCain to stop these scurrilous attacks on Obama. This isn't enough. Since her request, McCain has dismissed the idea. So it's time to tell Collins that she's got to stand up for decency and honesty in the presidential campaign. Email, call, or write to her through the contact form on her campaign website www.susancollins.com
My contact to her is posted on the flip side.
First diary try, here. I put up a version of this as a comment earlier, but before I could get it posted, it slid off the list. Bear with me. I think it's time that we address not just Palin's lies, but her financial malfeasance.
Recommended by Standard Deviant
- From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Rhetorical Candles on the Birthday Cake Pearls of wisdom and piles of horse dung from various political types born in May: "Economic growth without social ...116 comments 68 Recs
- From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Billo Sees the Light? I gotta hand it to old ferret face. America's most famous guttersnipe pinhead may have finally come to his senses. Tuesday night, while ...75 comments 60 Recs
- Responding to pleas from Texas Governor Greg Abbott the White House releases the following statement “We plan to withdraw all US military personnel and close all bases by December 2015” In a ...239 comments 591 Recs
- From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Late Night Snark: May Flowers Edition "Violent thugs run amok in the streets of Baltimore. But enough about the police department." ---Larry Wilmore Chief ...97 comments 56 Recs
- 195 comments 452 Recs
- If ever a photo was worth a thousand words That is a beautiful image. Over the weekend, more than 1000 ...67 comments 136 Recs
- This past weekend in Iowa, Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker rolled out one his favorite talking points: The story of how Wisconsin's 2010 "outstanding teacher of the year" winner Megan Sampson got ...55 comments 220 Recs
- Since William Rehnquist joined the Supreme Court, it has made several rulings that have knocked the U.S. Constitution out of whack. Retired ...445 comments 527 Recs
- Melissa Harris-Perry did something that many Liberal talking heads on TV rarely do. She called out a lie immediately. "Melissa back in November eight in ten voters said that the economic situation ...130 comments 396 Recs
- Writer Ijeoma Oluo did something on Martin Luther King Jr. Day I personally avoid at all costs—she engaged a rancid troll on Twitter. The troll, calling himself ...178 comments 814 Recs
Standard Deviant's Tags
- No current results.
Standard Deviant's Blogroll
- No current results.