Below you'll find recent contributions related to Stephen N's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Rapid Warming is Here
|Monckton outfoxed by a calendar in his fight to censor art
|It's gotten this bad:Water Wars in California as agriculture prepares to face strict mandatory cuts
On April 1, when California Governor Brown issued mandatory water restrictions for urban users he warned that he might have to consider cuts to agriculture in the future as well. Well, that ...
|Daily Kos Elections open thread 5/22
Mystery Science Theater 3000-- "Noh Theater" Daily Kos Elections is taking this Friday off, as well as this Monday in observance of Memorial Day. We'll be back Tuesday: In the meantime, have a ...
|Daily Kos Elections Morning Digest: Lisa Murkowski may be in for a tough GOP primary. Again.
Alaska GOP Sen. Lisa ...
|Eyewitness footage of Santa Barbara Oil Spill
Madeline Stano of the Center on Race, Poverty & the Environment went by the scene of the oil spill in Santa Barbara. The oil spill happened Tuesday May 19th when a pipe owned by Plains All ...
|HI-Sen: Brian Schatz (D) Fights Back Against Fast Tracking The TPA
U.S. Senator Brian Schatz (D. HI), who has been an adamant opponent of the TPP, is now focusing on stopping the TPA:
|Projecting a Climate Change Timeframe - Holy $h*t
In researching a book I'm writing I've been collecting prognostications about climate change. These have been gathered over time from numerous sources. But they are projections and hence a ...
|IL-Sen: Mark Kirk (R) Gets His Facts Wrong Regarding Nelson Mandela & South Africa's Nuclear Program
U.S. Senator Mark Kirk (R. IL) has been pushing his Iran Sanctions Bill which would greatly undermine President Obama's negotiations with Iran: http://www.niacouncil.org/much-more-is-needed-from-...
|Lisa Murkowski may be in for a tough GOP primary. Again.
Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...
|Oregon high school junior confronts anti-gay haters, launches beautiful counter-protest
|Another poll finds David Vitter in a comfortable position in Louisiana's gubernatorial contest
Republican Sen. David Vitter (...
|Identify plagiarism? Pay $15,000 to $2 million.
In the latest attack on the climate science community, John Mashey (a computer scientist and frequent DeSmogBlog contributor) was sued for $2 million for exposing plagiarism. It's a long and weird ...
|Daily Kos Elections Live Digest: 5/21
Want the scoop on hot races around the country? Get the digest emailed to you each weekday morning. Sign up here .
|Daily Kos Elections Morning Digest: Jay Inslee starts with clear leads in Washington
Washington Democratic Gov. Jay Inslee Leading Off : • WA-Gov, Sen : Washington's Democratic Gov. Jay Inslee only won a narrow victory when he was first elected in 2012. However, Public Policy ...
|WSJ: Clinton's DoS blocked the release of politically sensitive records about Keystone XL Pipeline
photo credit: Backbone campaign, flr The Wall Street Journal is reporting that the U.S. Department of State, ...
|CA-Sen: Watch Kamala Harris (D) Rock The California Democratic Party Convention
Received this e-mail today from Attorney General Kamala Harris' (D. CA) U.S. Senate campaign:
|Asheville Coal Plant to Retire After High Profile Three-Year Campaign; Clean Energy Work To Continue
This week I want to honor some of the most hard-working activists on our Beyond Coal campaign - Team Asheville in North Carolina. After years of rallies, public meetings, educational forums, ...
|Mary Anne Hitt||05/20/2015||12|
|MD-Sen: Donna Edwards (D) Goes After The Medicare Cuts In The TPP||poopdogcomedy||05/20/2015||6|
|Editor of American Chemical Society's Journal Environmental Science & Technology Gets a New Sofa
These musings by the Editor in Chief of the American Chemical Society's publication, Environmental Science & Technology, are a worthy read for those interested in the interaction between science, ...
|Washington voters like Jay Inslee; like same-sex marriage, marijuana, and background checks more
Gov. Jay Inslee (D) Washington's ...
|WA-Gov & Sen: PPP Has Inslee (D) & Murray (D) Starting Off Looking Strong For Re-Election
Some good news today from PPP out of Washington: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2015/05/washington-voters-grow-further-in-support-of-gay-marriage-marijuana-background-checks....
|WI-Sen: Sherrod Brown (D. OH) Helps Russ Feingold (D) Get Ready To Defeat Ron Johnson (R)
Received this e-mail from one of my favorite U.S. ...
|MO-Sen: Jason Kander (D) & VoteVets Push Congress To Give Veterans Free Access To Public Parks
Received this e-mail today from VoteVets and Secretary of State Jason Kander's (D. MO) U.S. Senate campaign: I ...
|Exploiting Ebola and Poverty to Sell Coal: Peabody Energy
Suzanne Goldenberg holds nothing back in a one-two punch of proper journalism in which she exposes the despicable actions of Peabody Coal—the world's largest privately-held coal company—taken in ...
|CT-Sen: Richard Blumenthal (D) Keeps Up The Fight For Mandatory GMO Labeling
Received this e-mail today from U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal (D. CT): As a dad, it’s always been ...
|Daily Kos Elections Live Digest: 5/20
Want the scoop on hot races around the country? Get the digest emailed to you each weekday morning. Sign up here . • KY-Gov : We ...
Recommended by Stephen N
- Climate politics is heating up in Washington state. Gov. Jay Inslee has proposed a carbon cap-and-trade bill to the state legislature. But it is on life support. Meanwhile, Carbon Washington, a ...29 comments 47 Recs
- Since my hard drive crashed and I'm still in the early stages of rebuilding my data, I decided it was time to take a look at some demographics and other data and to see if we can understand the ...21 comments 63 Recs
- Distribution of likely number of Democratic Senate seats Daily Kos Elections is pleased to announce the introduction of its Poll Explorer! The Poll Explorer ...118 comments 30 Recs
- State Senator David Ige Governor Neil ...106 comments 207 Recs
- California and Washington state have adopted the Top 2 primary system in the last few years, and now business interests are putting up lots of money to fool Oregonians into implementing it too. ...18 comments 36 Recs
- There are 60 state house districts, and while in the past I've gone through each one, this year I'm not going to do that. I will simply describe what I expect to be the top races, and then some ...15 comments 17 Recs
- Following my last edition from April, this diary is my third quarterly update on race ratings for the US Senate elections in 2014. With a handful of special elections taking place, there will now be ...33 comments 13 Recs
- It's that time of the year again when campaigns beg for your money with increased frequency as the end of the quarter nears on June 30th. Candidates are beginning to run ads now and although we're ...12 comments 49 Recs
- JOIN Tom the Dancing Bug's INNER HIVE ! You'll not only get the comic emailed ...80 comments 162 Recs
- Map by Matthew Isbell In the pundit rush to assign a "why" and a "how" to Eric Cantor’s surprising loss in Tuesday night's primary, there have been a lot of ...265 comments 311 Recs
Stephen N's Tags
- No current results.
Stephen N's Blogroll
- No current results.