Group founded by Ojibwa
Street Prophets is the forum that mobilizes progressive people of faith to name, discuss and take action on critical political and religious issues. So come on in and make yourself at home. We believe that most, if not all topics touching on faith and politics are appropriate on Street Prophets. While this forum represents people of widely differing (and often directly conflicting) theologies, our goal here is to focus on forwarding the progressive political discussion that our shared values make possible. The Street Prophets blog was originally founded by Daniel Schultz, a ordained minister in the United Church of Christ, and Markos Moulitsas, as an offspring of Daily Kos. Street Prophets seeks to change the "moral values" conversation by fostering community; promoting informed opinion and moving its members to action. We are believers in "justice, freedom, compassion and love," in the words of Rita Nakashima Brock. We are progressive, Democratic-leaning and vitally concerned with those whom Jesus called "the least of these." We are the faithful for whom the religious right emphatically does not speak. Its vibrant community of netroots faithful includes a broad range of faiths, including devout Buddhists, Christians, Hindus, Jews, Mormons, Muslims, Atheists, Animists, and Neo-pagans. All who seek to promote a new conversation about the role of religion in America's public life are welcome here.
- Have you ever sat looking at clouds with a group of people, calling out what the shapes look like to you, and everyone sees something different in the same cloud? Apparently KOSacks have the same ...14 comments 11 Recs
- Welcome to the Tuesday edition of the Coffee Hour at Street Prophets. This is an open thread where we can discuss what’s happening in our lives, what we’ve been working on, and our opinions on ...5 comments 17 Recs
- It is completely counter-intuitive to turn in to suffering. In fact, most people spend their entire lives trying to aim for pleasure and avoid suffering. The problem with that strategy is that ...49 comments 32 Recs
- This is an Open Thread / Coffee Hour and all topics of conversation are welcome. Today's suggested topic Hard Boiled Eggs . What is for ...21 comments 9 Recs
- Welcome to Sunday All Day Brunch. This is an open topic thread so help yourself to the goodies and sit a spell and let us know what is new with you. Today we are having Archer Farms Chai Spice ...9 comments 8 Recs
- Good morning! Welcome to the DKos Sangha weekly open thread. This is an open thread for members of the DKos Sangha and others who are interested in discussions concerning how we integrate our ...10 comments 8 Recs
- This will be rather short as it has been the day from hell. Reid started feeling bad this afternoon. I dealt with diarrhea and vomiting. His blood sugar plummeted and he went into seizures. The ...49 comments 141 Recs
- Think back about the past few days. How many times did you say “hello”? The word “hello” comes from nautical English: “hallo” or “halloa” was a form of address used by sailors ...12 comments 10 Recs
- We have a new home! They are going to try and have it ready for us on May 30 if at all possible. It is a 2 bedroom 2 bath. The master bedroom has a bathroom with shower stall that Reid can actually ...14 comments 41 Recs
- Welcome to Thursday Coffee Hour. This is an open topic thread so help yourself to the goodies and sit a spell and let us know what is new with you. As many of you know I turned to graphic art in ...3 comments 4 Recs
Street Prophets's Blogroll
- No current results.