Below you'll find recent contributions related to StuartZ's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Cheers and Jeers: Tuesday
From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… I'm Feeling Haikuish Carly, Huck and Ben So many hats in one ring Jeb revs Steamroller ...
|Bill in Portland Maine||05/05/2015||43|
|Didn't get indicted? That's good news for Chris Christie
|The reason Ben Carson can't win? Ben Carson
It has been clear for some time now that would-be ...
|Farewell, but not exactly goodbye
|Scott Walker celebrates Star Wars Day by being creepy on the internet
I have seen many attempts at political self-promotion over the years, but this may be the first time a presidential candidate's ...
|Do we all live in a giant hologram?
The large scale universe projected onto a two-dimensional boundary There is an active field of research in cosmology and physics seeking to explain the cosmos in terms of a radical idea: we live ...
|House seeking to slash spending on Earth science
Hard to believe there were times when either political party regularly distinguished itself and alternately embarrassed the entire nation when it came to science. Or that for a few brief shining ...
|This week in science: stardrive?
There is great excitement in some corners of the space exploration community this week, as several NASA people opened up a discussion with engineers and others outside the agency over a mysterious,
|Cheers and Jeers: Rum and Coke FRIDAY!
From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Late Night Snark: May Flowers Edition "Violent thugs run amok in the streets of Baltimore. But enough about the police department." ---Larry Wilmore Chief ...
|Bill in Portland Maine||05/01/2015||94|
|Thawing permafrost could boost global warming in more ways than one
Rapidly thawing Arctic permafrost and coastal erosion on the Beaufort Sea, Arctic Ocean, near Point Lonely, AK. Photo Taken in August, 2013 Power plants and automobiles burning fossil fuels and ...
|Rand Paul's advisers explain to him why joking about riots might be bad
And just think, it's only April. Of 2015.
|Mike Huckabee: Supreme Court 'cannot overrule God'
American Taliban It's the ...
|Ted Cruz says Barack Obama has 'inflamed racial tensions'
Makes Sarah Palin look like an intellectual.
|Cheers and Jeers: Thursday
From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Life Lessons I Learned from Republicans in April From the deep thinkers in Conservative Land: The economy is still struggling because workers are watching porn ...
|Bill in Portland Maine||04/30/2015||70|
|Texas Republican ties gay marriage to Baltimore riots
Oh no, the horror. And so on.
|Cheers and Jeers: Wednesday
From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Just this: My annual posting of this exchange on Real Time with Bill Maher from April, 2011, because oh my god: Bill Maher: The tea party is not all Republican?
|Bill in Portland Maine||04/29/2015||58|
|Clean-up, curfew and more from Baltimore||Hunter||04/28/2015||22|
|Rand Paul passed through Baltimore: 'I'm glad the train didn't stop'
Oh, he's so funny . Presidential candidate Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) weighed in on the turmoil in Baltimore on Tuesday,
|Sen. Ted Cruz: 'Liberal fascism' is going after American Christians
I really have nothing to say here. The ...
|Rand Paul says overthrowing Hussein was a 'mistake'
I really wonder whether the Republican base can ...
|Cheers and Jeers: Tuesday
From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Previously on As the Supreme Court Turns When last we entered the chambers of the nation's highest court to debate the constitutionality of same-sex marriage two ...
|Bill in Portland Maine||04/28/2015||69|
|Religious 'leaders' demand liberal justices recuse themselves from marriage equality case
No. Only Thomas and Scalia may decide gay marriage cases. Thus sayeth the empty cardboard boxes. I see that conservative activists will be satirizing themselves this week. Well, it ...
|Republicans fretting over 'GOP demolition-derby circular firing squad' like it's a bad thing
Good luck with that. Republicans are already _extremely alarmed_ at how their presidential primaries ...
|Cheers and Jeers: Monday
From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Knot Tying 101 Tomorrow the Supreme Court hears arguments on the constitutionality of same-sex marriage. The religious conservatives are in full freakout mode, ...
|Bill in Portland Maine||04/27/2015||85|
|Open thread for night owls: Militia movement finds new 'patriot' to defend
A mine owner in Oregon ...
|A drone too far?
As a youngster, I built and flew model aircraft, similar in principle to the one above, but we didn't call them drones. We called them radio-controlled airplanes and if you have a son or daughter ...
|Allen West: Football players are getting injured because you don't pray enough
Allen West was at one point a genuine congressman from ...
|Creationists still blaming Darwin for Columbine
If creationism is the zombie lie behind all biology and geology, the Governor's Mansion in Louisiana might stand in for the castle ruins where the burnt and battered monster is reanimated and sent ...
|Michele Bachmann says the Rapture is coming: 'Rejoice'
Looks like the Apocalypse to me.
|Ted Cruz says Obama is an 'unmitigated socialist' who is 'profoundly dangerous,' and so forth
'Oh spirit of Reagan, I summon thee and bind thee to my will.' Ted Cruz, the ...
Recommended by StuartZ
- Crossposted at [Progressive Blue http://www.progressiveblue.com/diary/6062/liberal-shiny-objects] "Ideological riders" on the budget bill... Democrats are making a very big deal ...398 comments 189 Recs
- Minutes ago, the FCC passed new rules -- written by corporations -- that will end Net Neutrality. For the first time in history, the U.S. government approved corporate censorship ...535 comments 330 Recs
- "I want to dispel any notion we want to inhibit your success,” President ...974 comments 731 Recs
- Being reported in the UK ...820 comments 486 Recs
- Today's Hullabaloo features an article by Digby (The Liberal Dilemma) that contains one of the best laid out arguments for not supporting the President's compromise with Republicans. ...614 comments 758 Recs
- Now that Larry Summers has freely admitted the ...756 comments 779 Recs
- Mitch Stewart from Organizing for America (BarackObama.com) just sent me an email suggesting that I should be happy about the President's capitulation to Republicans. (The most recent one, that is...904 comments 698 Recs
- From his presser this afternoon: This is why FDR, when he started Social Security, it only affected widows and orphans. You did not qualify. This ...515 comments 310 Recs
- This is probably going to be hit and run because I'm off to a Khanukah party soon. (Yes, I spell it "Khanukah." Deal with it!) But I have already done what fighting I wanted to do /elsewhere/, ...556 comments 240 Recs
- It's now clear that WikiLeaks and its leadership are under a coordinated attack from national governments and from the companies it depends on to stay online and receive donations. All because they ...311 comments 307 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.