Posting History for Sucker Politics
|Clinton Takes Hit In Key Swing States
According to a recent Quinnipiac poll , Clinton has bled support in a couple of key swing states: FLORIDA: - Bush 45 - Clinton 42 (in the Feb 3 poll, it was Clinton 44 - Bush 43) OHIO: Clinton 46 -
|Kos was right about the spying issue
Of all the things President Obama -- one of the most transformative Democratic presidents this nation has ever had -- has had to battle, some wouldn't have been a surprise to anyone in this community:
|Glenn Greenwald's Relevance Problem
This is a hard diary for me to write, and I've been sitting on my hands for a while now, mostly because in matters of progressive politics, I lean more toward the so-called "suxer" side of things ...
|Michael Brown Shooting: Don't Let This Important Detail Become A Footnote
From an August article in The New York Times : As Officer Wilson got out of his car, the men were running away. The officer fired his weapon but did not hit anyone, according to law enforcement ...
Why, oh why, are you so stupid? Everybody with a brain can appreciate that the party of the elite 1% is significantly better in terms of economic equality than the party of the elite 0.1%. Simple ...
|The "Big Tent" and Sexual/Gender Discrimination
Have liberals/progressives looked around the "Big Tent" of the Democratic Party lately? I mean, sure, finding a bunch of neoliberal and MIC apologists probably wouldn't come as much of a surprise, ...
|Obama Delivered on Universal Health Care
"President touts Obamacare as 'universal health care'" reads the Washington Times article , which goes on to say the following (bold mine): "We were able to get it done in part because of grass-...
|Rand Paul Releases Book
After issuing a statement on plagiarism , Rand Paul was keen to reassert his intellectual chops and wasted no time in releasing his new book, currently available on only Amazon Kindle for $2.99. ...
|Obamacare Messaging Hits A New Low
Let's start off with a sample of the Obama quotes making the rounds: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/columnist/rieder/2013/11/04/obama-health-care-promise-comes-back-to-haunt-him/3431869/ "If ...
|Social Security Cuts (Chained CPI): Some Basic Facts
Fact #1: Chained CPI is in Obama's FY2014 budget proposal. I don't know why some people seem to be over-analyzing Obama's nuanced media quotes when you can go straight to the source at whitehouse....
|My Syria Predictions (0-dimensional chess)
This is just a short diary with very little substance, but given that I've failed on the stock market, failed at sports betting, and failed at pretty much anything that requires a combination of ...
|We must punish Assad for his war crimes against innocent Syrians
It seems many so-called liberals are against humanitarian intervention in Syria in the aftermath of Syria's latest war crimes, so I thought I'd take these so-called liberals on a walk down memory ...
|WaPo: U.S. military big shots skeptical of Syrian intervention
WaPo has a new article titled " U.S. military officers have deep doubts about impact, wisdom of a U.S. strike on Syria ." It's full of juicy material, but there seem to be two main threads: (1) ...
|I don't blame President Obama anymore (part II: Manning sentence & Bush/Cheney immunity)
This is a follow-up to my previous diary , where I said we progressives carry more of the blame than Obama for what's going on in this country. This still applies: I saw a bunch of fucking Twitter ...
|I don't blame President Obama anymore
Blame him for what? For “looking forward” on American torture and other war crimes, for the NSA's programs, for the war on whistleblowers, for anything related to these beasts. Don't get me ...
|3 Reasons You Shouldn't Care About NSA Surveillance
Reason #1: Snowden broke the law and ran away from the legal process. It's self-evident that legal/illegal trumps right/wrong. More than that, meta-ethical relativism and relativized truth, ...
|The DailyKos Spam Problem (explanation + solution)
In Markos' recent diary , he mentioned the following: The UID is no longer a marker of site growth, since spambots create fake accounts by the hundreds every day. We don't know why those are created,
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Sucker Politics
- One entrenched argument about campaign and election strategy is that any election victory is predicated on a candidates carefully charting a course through the mushy middle that appeals to "moderate ...134 comments 197 Recs
- Yesterday, I proposed a project intended to present Hillary Clinton's record on the issues of the day juxtaposed against Left Flank views on these issues. My commitment is to devote a front page ...99 comments 31 Recs
- It’s indicative of the fragile propaganda that’s underpinning Democratic strategy when DNC leaders call for party unity at a time when they are coronating one of the most polarizing political ...240 comments 67 Recs
- BREAKING: Unarmed 19 year old #TonyRobinson just shot/killed by Madison, WI police officer http://t.co/P56fOMD5Gl pic.twitter.com/5qCcoSd5Sn — CandaceTX (@CandaceTX)121 comments 202 Recs
- [http://www.dailykos.com/comments/1355926/55353814#c25 Commenting] in a [http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/01/06/1355926/-Reps-Hollen-Slaughter-lambaste-Republicans-plans-for-dynamic-scoring-trickle-116 comments 117 Recs
- Daily Kos ate my diary so I'm going to keep this short and sweet. We need less "hur hur laugh at the Redumbicans" Front Page diaries and more diaries of substance on the Front Page. Front Page ...438 comments 357 Recs
- This essay was prompted by two recent pieces. Perhaps this essay would be better off if it were published in some of the places where the pieces were published: ZNet , or Jacobin . I'm more used ...58 comments 55 Recs
- The present focus of the national media is on police violence directed at black men. The movement #BlackLivesMatter is very much at the center of the controversies of the protest activity. It is my ...67 comments 80 Recs
- Number one, we are led by a president who has done nothing but try to blur distinctions between the two parties since day one, all in an atrociously misplaced sense of bipartisanship. Assuming he's ...480 comments 281 Recs
- I smoke 2 joints in the morning, I smoke 2 joints at night, I smoke 2 joints in the afternoon, cause de law say it's alright.136 comments 215 Recs
Sucker Politics's Tags
- No current results.
Sucker Politics's Blogroll
- No current results.