Posting History for Superskepticalman
|"Peace on Earth": In my fundamentalist-before-there-was-such-a-thing-as-fundamentalism denomination,
when I was a child, the adults always said "Seasons Greetings" if we said anything at all, because celebrating Christmas (that repackaged Saturnalia holiday "you know," in my worst Palin/Fey ...
|Parliament just voted UK military action down
Just now. No UK participation in Syria strikes for now. PM Cameron just assured the Commons that he will not use the royal prerogative to join the U.S. in strikes. House just adjourned. More later.
|News: UN inspectors leaving Syria early; work incomplete.
Deja vue; from the Guardian : Ban Ki-moon has said the UN weapons inspectors investigating last week's suspected chemical weapons attack will leave Syria on Saturday, one day ahead of schedule. ...
|Syria intel "no slam dunk"
Uh, oh: confused narrative - from AP via ABC News , The intelligence linking Syrian President Bashar Assad or his inner circle to an alleged chemical weapons attack that killed at least 100 people ...
|Labour forces delay on Cameron
Parliament will have to wait until Tuesday to vote on British military involvement in strikes on Syria. Labour plus up to 70 dissenting Tories would have sunk Cameron's bill if the Tory leader did ...
|When does a country stop being global enforcer?
The enthusiasm, by some, for intervening in the Syrian civil war is palpable and indignant. Those who would use military weapons of any sort - most of all special weapons such as poisonous gas - ...
|The answer to the NSA and the FISA court: James Otis, "On the Writs of Assistance," February 1761
MAY it please your Honors : I was desired by one of the court to look into the books, and consider the question now before them concerning Writs of Assistance. I have accordingly considered it, and ...
|The President's minders are certainly "pragmatic"
"According to Kantor , in the lead-up to the 2010 midterm elections Emanuel and Michelle ...
|Gingrich is the second-class citizen...
NOT Mr. Arnold ...
|"We're Americans; treaties are for lesser nations," according to Mitt
As a self-proclaimed "moderate," Romney thinks we should have left troops in Iraq anyway, existing status-of-forces agreements be damned.
|"Panetta laments growing Israeli 'isolation'"
He should be more worried about ours.
|"Isolationism": someone unclear on the concept...
Sen. McCain, ABC's "This Week", today via Reuters : "John McCain, his party's 2008 ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Superskepticalman
- The Iraqi regime possesses biological and chemical weapons, is rebuilding the facilities to make more and, according to the British government, could launch a biological or chemical attack in as ...346 comments 556 Recs
- Who says Bernie Sanders can't win? If he keeps coming up with simple mind blowing ideas like he did on CNN the other day , he is going to win a lot of votes! Simple yes, mind blowing, only if you ...425 comments 406 Recs
- Bernie poses for a selfie with a supporter in Manchester, NH, May 2. Sen. Bernie Sanders will make his presidential primary campaign official Tuesday, May 26, with a public kick-off on the shores ...225 comments 261 Recs
- kos, in your piece from The Hill declaring Clinton a "true liberal," and in your own front page post essentially making the same case, The optimist's case for Hillary Clinton , you spoke not one ...705 comments 284 Recs
- Almost all of us (probably all of us) have experienced bullying of one or more types in our lives. It comes from our "friends" (even those who often really are what we think of as friends), from ...32 comments 29 Recs
- Police, apparently from the 30th precinct near West Harlem in New York City, attempted to illegally detain two teenage girls from the community. As you will see in the video below the fold, these ...263 comments 240 Recs
- Not good, but nowhere near the catastrophic California drought. Yet. With only 16% of normal snowpack this year, half of Washington State is in drought condition; putting 1.2 bn of crops in ...26 comments 35 Recs
- Official photo for Maj. Gen. Craig S. Olson (U.S. Air Force photo by Melanie Rodgers Cox/Released) That terrible warning to the USA, often attributed to the first American writer to ever win the ...146 comments 366 Recs
- Earlier today, I wrote on the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) amendment votes that the House took yesterday. Today, the House finished the amendment votes and then voted on the final bill.10 comments 45 Recs
- Fight dumbassery everywhere you see it. We've been way too tolerant.600 comments 426 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.