Below you'll find recent contributions related to Surly Cracker's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Original Americans forgotten on Memorial Day
The All-Nations Native American Veterans Memorial in Jefferson, Oregon [This is an edited and updated reprise of an essay first written for Memorial Day in 2010.] My ...
|I've witnessed your suffering as the battles raged higher
While it is fitting to remember and mourn those who were lost in our wars, the majority of the graves with all those little flags placed on them are those who survived. Unfortunately for many they ...
|I didn't serve in Vietnam for freedom...
or liberty, or the flag. I didn't serve for the reasons people think of when they tell me, "Thanks for your service." I knew that this war was not about any of that stuff. I served for 365 days ...
|So what is the GOP strategy for Iraq?
Republican candidates have decided to use the recent setbacks against ISIS as a winning issue in the 2016 election, and it seems to be working. A poll from October shows a majority of ...
|Right-Wing Mythology: How Obummer Lost Iraq
Right-wing articles are very entertaining. Did you know that we won the Iraq War? I didn't. At least Bush won Iraq before Obama lost Iraq. I've discovered from reading right-wing sources ...
|GOP candidates running for Dubya's Third Term
Even before the Fall of Ramadi the GOP presidential candidates were foaming-at-the-mouth war hawks. It'll only get worse . The message itself is coming through clearly—at the “summit” of ...
|Our Approaching Tet Moment
Leading up to the 1968 Tet Offensive , the Pentagon tried to convince the American public that it was winning the war. General Bruce Palmer, Jr., one of Westmoreland's three Field Force ...
Recommended by Surly Cracker
- It's probably too soon, but I've made all the calls I needed to make (except the one for my appointment at the mortuary). Yes, I am bereaved. After 41 years as a couple and 4 years as a legally ...473 comments 910 Recs
- dailykos.com had a thread up when Mega Million was worth 640 Million. [http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/03/30/1079266/-DK-MegaMillions-Pool Dr Erich Bloodaxe RNFollow] handled the post. I will ...44 comments 15 Recs
- Dear Friends, Earlier this morning, Congressman West gave a gracious concession. The election is over, and I am truly humbled that the voters of the 18th district have entrusted me to represent ...160 comments 776 Recs
- Judge Dan Vaughn in St. Lucie County has ruled that under Florida statutes, he does not have the authority to either to grant the plaintiff (Allen West) their request for a full recount of early ...62 comments 142 Recs
- He's even more of a blowhard when he loses. The odds of Rep. Allen West emerging victorious in ...91 comments 41 Recs
- Just saw the Palm Beach County Judge David Crow live giving his ruling on Allen West's motion for an injunction regarding his apparent defeat in Florida's 18th Congressional district against ...213 comments 476 Recs
- Allen West still trying to overturn this election. Rep. Allen West's first hearing in his bid ...74 comments 72 Recs
- Whether convincing undecideds, motivating supporters, or debating a Romney supporter in a public forum, it is essential to *know your stuff*, because in this home stretch, there is no better weapon ...6 comments 8 Recs
- Update : Not many things republicans say or do shock me. But yet these people, the party of 'business' are now not only attacking Scott Van Duzer verbally, but have moved on to harassing his business.289 comments 527 Recs
- Dear Friends, Allen West can run, but he can't hide. Last week, after loudly pronouncing that Democrats should “get the hell out of the United States,” West promptly “got the hell” out of ...6 comments 25 Recs
Surly Cracker's Tags
- No current results.