Below you'll find recent contributions related to SusanHu's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Open thread for night owls. Cole: Kaplan's call for renewed imperialism in Middle East is boneheaded
Let's have some more cakewalks, 'kay? Robert D. Kaplan recently wrote a piece (behind a paywall) saying it's time to bring imperialism back to the ...
|Instead of the Jews, it's the hedge fund managers
Oh my! Apparently an actual living person actually said this on the record, anonymously of course: Instead of the Jews, it's the hedge fund managers I was following the link from the Bernie ...
|Sanders makes run official: If people 'fight back, there is nothing that can’t be accomplished'
In a speech peppered with introductory "brothers and sisters," Sen. Bernie Sanders on Tuesday made official his entry into the primary battle for the Democratic presidential nomination framed by ...
|Livestreaming Bernie Sanders's official announcement of his candidacy for the Democratic nomination
You can watch it Live now. Why Bernie matters: A 2016 primary run by Bernie ...
|Midday open thread: Democrats and climate change; perpetual war; Sanders to make it official
Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is Pro-life, Boko Haram style :
|Sen. Lindsey Graham: I worked in a pool room, so I know 'Iranians are liars'||Hunter||05/26/2015||134|
|Most House Republicans stand with President Obama on fast-tracking, most Democrats still against
Fighting it to the end. Thanks to 14 Democrats joining all-but-five Senate Republicans in approving fast-track trade legislation last week, it's now up to the House, which is where most close ...
|Open thread for night owls. On Memorial Day, remember: 'They didn't fall, they were pushed'
Flag-draped caskets on their way back from Iraq to the United States. Ray McGovern writes— Remember This on Memorial ...
|The Grieving Room: Memorial Day Open Thread
I am posting this as an Open Thread for people who want a place to gather. Many people today are grieving family and friends who served and/or died in uniform. Others are grieving deaths that ...
|Lawmakers overestimate how conservative their districts are—by a lot
Loud, but not representative This bears repeating. We've heard before that lawmakers tend to presume their own districts are much more conservative than they are, but it's the degree to which they'...
|Rich Lowry was very, very upset over Michelle Obama's commencement speech
It appears First Lady Michelle Obama acknowledging ...
|Good evening. How much Scott Walker would you like to buy tonight?
The best thing about Scott Walker's three-star super PAC price guide is that they've made it look like a menu, making it crystal clear that you're buying something. Would you prefer one ...
|Capitol Police to undergo additional bathroom training
Raise your hand if you found someone else's ...
|Midday open thread: Middle East needs imperialism? Emissions controls to slash coal; Kincannon flips
Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is The bad intelligence : What you may have missed on ...
|SHOCKING NEWS: Economists Link Big Banks Use of Credit Default Swaps to 2008 Financial Collapse
It my seem strange to anyone who has followed the debate over the causes of the 2008 housing bubble collapse and the resulting financial crisis that triggered the "Great Recession," but it took ...
|Original Americans forgotten on Memorial Day
The All-Nations Native American Veterans Memorial in Jefferson, Oregon [This is an edited and updated reprise of an essay first written for Memorial Day in 2010.] My ...
|Abbreviated pundit round-up: Young people getting shafted on pay; the real first Memorial Day
E.J. Dionne Jr. at The Washington Post writes The right’s political correctness : Accommodating right-wing primary voters poses real risks to the party in next year’s elections. Its candidates’
|Open thread for night owls. A reprise: 'Lies, Damned Lies, a Searchable Database of Lies'||Meteor Blades||05/24/2015||71|
|Waco designates May as Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Month
File this under 'you can't make this shit up'. AP: Days after a biker shootout at a Waco restaurant, the same group that organized the motorcyclists' meeting that turned violent received a Waco ...
|Sanders: Campaign coverage should focus on issues instead of outrage, gossip and Facebook comments||Meteor Blades||05/24/2015||175|
|This week at progressive state blogs: Gov. Kasich plays the suckers; Gov. Bryant writes a dumb op-ed
This week in progressive state blogs is designed specifically to focus attention on the writing and analysis of people focused on their home turf. Let me know via comments or Kosmail if you have a ...
|New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says swear words
'And furthermore ...' Ah, the political roast. Those glorious annual events in which politicians and the press get together and say terrible but perfectly true things ...
|Spotlight on green news & views: Oil spills; the melting poles; Jeb Bush's climate change arrogance
See OceanDiver's post . Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention they deserve. To help get more eyeballs, Spotlight on Green ...
|High School Art Exhibit Attacked By Cops for Depicting Police Brutality
Many, many police officers and their supporters are going ape shit very upset at a group of student artists at Westfield High School in New Jersey for daring ...
|President Obama honors fallen soldiers in weekly address
President Obama devoted his weekly address to those who have given their lives in service to the country. This weekend also reminds us that, around the world, our men and women in uniform ...
|Abbreviated Pundit Round-up: Republicans and their base
WaPo : Democrats say they are happy to see Republicans race to the right, since they believe it will put the eventual GOP nominee out of step with the general electorate. Some Republicans are ...
|Open thread for night owls. OECD: Growing global inequality gap 'has reached a tipping point'
Nadia Prupis at Common Dreams, writes Growing Global Inequality Gap 'Has Reached a Tipping Point' : With the gap between the rich and poor growing worldwide, ...
|Pew poll: 75 percent of Republicans want their party to challenge Obama 'more often'
Not satisfied. According to a new Pew poll, the ...
|Midday open thread: Huckabee backs Ten Commandments BS; DNI keeps bin Laden porn to itself
Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Jeb Bush and Brotherly Love :
|Politico takes a whack at Warren in a lengthy, trade-related hit piece
Politico's nothingburger story on Warren's ...
Recommended by SusanHu
- This is an open letter to the progressive blogosphere... I’ve been posting at DailyKos for nearly 4 years now and started writing diaries in support of Hillary ...1258 comments 512 Recs
- Dear diary, I'm wondering what has happened to you my diary. Last year I ventured inside the walls of kingdom kos and like any newbie I jumped back out and said whoa. My diary you didn't grab me,35 comments 22 Recs
- Senator Obama, the Kos community, Kos himself, myself, have rightly been upset over Geraldine Ferraro's racially insensitive comments. Now it's Reverend Wright's turn: Follow Me:326 comments 31 Recs
- I've been listening to Randi Rhodes on Air America for a long time. Her show is entertaining and Randi has usually had a solid command of the facts -- she likes to brag about how well-informed ...102 comments 9 Recs
- I've seen tons of spammed comments around here that Geraldine Ferraro is a racist and that Hillary Clinton and her supporters are racist for not denouncing Ferraro's comments. I think that Ferraro's ...184 comments 11 Recs
- I heard Obama's wondering why Hillary was offering him the VP spot when he's the front-runner. My first thought was – well why isn’t he acting like the front-runner then? He'...280 comments 25 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi tells Boston TV that a Clinton-Obama or Obama-Clinton ticket is "impossible." "I think that the Clinton administration has fairly ruled that out by proclaiming that Senator ...141 comments 19 Recs
- I’ve seen a lot of posts challenging some of what I and others have written about Hillary’s vast experience when it comes to foreign policy. So I thought I’d post some facts about ...173 comments 22 Recs
- The widely celebrated Rasmussen Daily Presidential ...147 comments 21 Recs
- I’ve got to give Sen. Obama credit for firing Samantha Power for what she said about Hillary in her interview with the Scotsman last week. Her verbal attacks were inexcusable and he did the ...275 comments 30 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.