Posting History for Swampfoot
|Facebook Wars: "If 'Obamacare' is so immoral, then why enroll your kids?"
Good grief, some people just cannot be reasoned with, and presenting facts simply causes them to jump to another line of attack. I believe this phenomenon, known as the Gish Gallop , is the hallmark ...
|13-year-old Indian girl begins Master's degree in Microbiology
What a diamond of a mind she must have - finishing high school at age 7, pursuing a graduate degree at 13. Hard to even imagine. In a country where many girls are still discouraged from going to ...
|"My dad performed abortions."
My friend posted a Pledge of Allegiance-related rant on his facebook wall recently (pointing out that "under god" was not added until the 1950s ), and an old high school classmate, now a teabagger (...
|Snowden: I never gave any information to Chinese or Russian governments
UK's The Guardian newspaper has published a new nugget of information from Edward Snowden: NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden, in an interview on Saturday and then again Tuesday afternoon, ...
|Paula Deen - Gastro Ghouls n' Fear Fritters
Someone slowed down the audio on a Paula Deen appearance on the Oprah show a couple years ago, the results are simply pants-wettingly funny, and maybe a bit frightening.
|New Rules: A Proposal for Sanity
Click for a larger image.
|Dennis Miller smears a courageous Sacheen Littlefeather on Leno. 39 years later.
Dennis Miller has been scraping the bottom of the slime barrel ever since he decided to declare his fealty to the right-wing hate establishment. Apparently on Jay Leno's show back on August 27th, ...
|A teapartier responds to a pro-Obamacare FB post. Ignorance ensues.
Here's a screenshot . You might need to click on it to enlarge it to a readable size. This woman (a former high school classmate), represented by the red colors, responded to my posting (I'm in blue)
|bin Laden is Dead. Big Bird is Alive. [bumpersticker]
I made this tonight in Photoshop, but it seems unlikely that I'm the first to come up with it. Feel free to take it and spread it around, I disavow any claim to copyright. The above version is ...
|Wherein I attempt to engage an Obama-hater on facebook.
This guy (a former high school classmate), represented by the brown postings, responded to my posting (I'm in green) of Romney's emergency room remarks. I ended up screenshotting this exchange and ...
|Romney: Hispanic Voters a Threat to the Nation
The hits just keep on coming. The secret video of Romney's fundraiser is a seemingly bottomless pit of hate and paranoia: Romney: I have—I have some good news for you. It's not impossible. Now, ...
|Hostile RoboCalls are coming, meant to anger voters. What is being done right now?
Every major election that has happened in the last 10 years seems to have had the same disturbing phenomenon - robotic calls made en masse, claiming to be from one politician, but obviously ...
|Nugent doubles down: Angrily tells female CBS producer "I'll f*ck you, how does that sound?"
It looks as though the wheels are coming off the Nugent bus , and not a moment too soon. Apparently Ted lost his temper while being questioned by a CBS reporter who pointed out the plain-as-day ...
|Former editor of Guns & Ammo magazine accused of murdering a friend with a gun and ammo.
Raw Story posted this today. After President Barack Obama took office in 2009, Venola used his position as editor to warn readers that they should join his “largest business competitor,” the ...
|The Official Mascot of the GOP's War on Women
I put together a graphic for people to post to their FB walls, forums, emailing, etc. Feel free to use it for whatever you like. Here's the link to the full-size version .
|Man With Bombs Arrested Enroute to Kansas Anti-Immigrant Hearing
A man (as yet unidentified) has been arrested in Topeka after his pickup truck was found to be carrying several homemade explosive devices. A man whose pickup truck contained several homemade anti-...
|Active duty soldier calls for death of Barack Obama on Facebook
This is unacceptable coming from anyone, let alone an active duty serviceman. His original post,
|We need to gloat now, and gloat HARD.
This is an historic moment, made possible by the competence of our troops under the leadership of Barack Obama. Start posting quotes on Facebook by prominent GOP'ers predicting Barack's ...
|Limbaugh cracks about Michelle Obama's weight. WTF?
Have the drugs caused any remaining sense of awareness to simply disappear now? Rush is making cracks about the First Lady's weight?
|Shooter's ex-girlfriend says he ranted against the government
Edit: thanks to all who pointed out that the mental illness opinions by the girlfriend were the wrong thing to focus on in this interview. I have changed the title accordingly. Jared Loughner'
|Memorial Day on Facebook - wingnuts called on their BS
Today was an interesting day. An old friend of mine (not so sure after this exchange) posted the following comment on Facebook this morning: The absence of our president in ...
|Pediatrician group: "nicking" girls' genitalia is okay.
This is completely horrifying, and a huge step backwards for the human rights of women. The American Academy of Pediatrics has released a ...
|Glenn Beck screeches like a psycho at Health Care Caller
You know the cognitive dissonance is starting to drive the wingers mad when they start behaving like this. All Beck can do is spout lies about the healthcare systems of other nations, and when he ...
|Wingnuts should demand apology for executed Japanese
In May of 1946 the allied nations convened the International Military Tribunal for the Far East for the ...
|A Few Words In Defense Of Our Country
I watched the stream today of the Macworld Expo in San Francisco. After Steve Jobs had finished his presentation, he introduced a musical ...
|Massive interstate bridge collapse in Minnesota
New overflow diary is here - might be better for dialup users: LIVEBLOG PART II (thanks everyone for updating the story ...
|Strange SiCKO pattern - people refusing to watch? Poll!
I delivered about 5 copies of SiCKO on DVD to friends and relatives a week or so before its release. Not one of them has watched it yet. What's going on?
|New Jib Jab video! "What We Call The News"
This one is particularly biting against the MSM and mirrors much of what we have all been saying for years, if not decades. It's high time someone made an effective satire of it, ...
|Dean in Canada (w/Video)- how to do foreign relations
(Video and Transcript links at the bottom) Howard Dean just finished a generous, respectful, powerful and entertaining speech at the Liberal Party leadership convention in Montreal. When I was ...
|Latest immigration propaganda email making the rounds. How to refute?||Swampfoot||04/13/2006||16||4||1||-|
|Tax time! Canada vs. America - who's worse off? (with pictures!)||Swampfoot||03/07/2006||52||7||-||-|
|James Frey and Oprah - Lying Rovian Assholes - Plagiarism?||Swampfoot||01/13/2006||43||5||-||4|
|Get ready for the Chimpy COMEBACK meme!||Swampfoot||10/28/2005||6||2||-||-|
|N.O. Cops Beat 64 y.o. Black Man Half To Death On Tape||Swampfoot||10/10/2005||33||15||-||9|
|The Left's Biggest Blind Spot - NUCLEAR POWER||Swampfoot||04/28/2005||79||14||-||9|
|The Ashley Smith story - reactions?||Swampfoot||03/13/2005||40||2||-||1|
|Fox News Officially in Canada||Swampfoot||12/20/2004||7||-||-||-|
|Fox will call the election for Bush NO MATTER WHAT||Swampfoot||10/31/2004||19||-||-||-|
|Most damaging or difficult question asked of Kerry?||Swampfoot||10/07/2004||5||-||-||-|
|There is a Real-Time DailyKos, on IRC!||Swampfoot||10/05/2004||14||3||-||9|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Swampfoot
- At this point, the onslaught is at least weekly. It has become predictable. It thrives on victimhood. It is patronizing. It is insistent. It is the now steady stream of diaries attempting to ...1056 comments 326 Recs
- A 14-year-old boy Pennsylvania boy and his 19-year-old cousin were caught shoplifting in a Tulleytown, Pennsylvania Walmart. His mother says he was influenced by the older cousin and made a bad ...98 comments 66 Recs
- Those of you who already either know me or know of me know that I am a massive pootie person. We have moved into an apartment and now have a pootie, named Jenny; however I grew up with both cats & ...124 comments 96 Recs
- Why did I once take an oath to support and defend the constitution when it appears unless you enjoy Straight White Christian Privilege the constitution does NOT apply? A list of disgust and ...46 comments 15 Recs
- I wrote an essay for "The Atlantic" today on Jenny McCarthy and the anti-vaccine movement. You can read it here . Some excerpts: This week, news leaked that The View, a popular daytime talk show ...458 comments 197 Recs
- Last night I made brownies. I noticed while I was doing it, that the subatomic structure of the universe was weakened considerably. I could almost see through the veil that separates these threads, ...286 comments 248 Recs
- I've been following the discussions here about gun control and regulation. I see a good number of people stating that they own one or more guns and taking the position that any laws that would end ...77 comments 7 Recs
- From Tucson, to Aurora, to Oak Creek, Wisc., to Sandy Hook Elementary School, there seems to be a never ending series of mass tragedies at the hands of madmen with guns. But as New Yorkers know ...160 comments 197 Recs
- August CNN/ORC poll via Ezra ...284 comments 85 Recs
- The standard argument against gun control that we hear from the pro-gun lobby is a version of the foolish but memorable cliché, “if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.” Setting ...46 comments 20 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.