Posting History for TX Scotia
|What's for Dinner? v9.38: 6 Pound can of Tomatoes, Doggy Biscuits and ANZAC Day
One thing I do miss about living in Texas is growing beautiful red/orange/yellow sun-kissed juicy tomatoes 4-6 months a year (or some years more!) that I could turn into tomato sauce or paste or, of ...
|What's For Dinner? v9.24: "I Threw It Out."
Over the last few years I have seen this phrase on food blogs and general comments here, there and everywhere. This last year my frugal lovin' soul saw it more than ever. The average family throws ...
|DK Quilt Guild: The Memory Quilts Part 2
I am so thankful to have been blessed with so many quilts that bring back so many memories! Of the five quilts here, two are probably 1960's and the other three, I don't know. Maybe you do?
|DK Quilt Guild: The Memory Quilts
My dear, sweet Great Aunt Zeipher was my Granddad's sister. The three siblings grew up on a farm with their Father (their Mother died when Aunt Zeipher was about 9 or 10) and NEVER wasted anything. ...
|WAYWO: Creating Wearable Period Clothing
My Sweetie and I had been like ships passing in the day and night from 1997 to 2001, then it really got better. "Some Enchanted Evening" happened when I was just ready to give up on ever finding ...
|What's For Dinner? v9.06: How to compose a recipe
Just wanted you to see what real baby carrots look like. They are not the ones you see in your local grocery store. Those are mature carrots whittled down. These are ones I had to pick to allow ...
|What's For Dinner? v8.51: Kitchen Gadgets!
The Old Man First a plea. Please, please, please volunteer to do a WFD diary. There are so many topics we could explore. You may not think you have an idea, but you do. Think about it and volunteer!
|What's For Dinner? v. 8:48 Red, White and Blue
Well, here it is....July 4th. Cookouts, parades, BASEBALL!!! and fireworks. I don't do fireworks, although I love the words of the national anthem. We will be grillin' shrimp on the barbie, ...
|What's For Dinner? v.8:45 Spring Salads
My Garden Sweet Pea Pod Salad I love making spring salads! The new snap peas, snow peas, fresh leafy lettuce, baby carrots and potatoes, fresh scallions, micro greens. I love having a garden, ...
|What's For Dinner? v.8.38: Eat Yer Greens...Salad, that is
Many years ago when I was a young lass in my late 30s, a colleague's young daughter got severely burned; blood was needed. Six of us co-workers went to give blood. Out of all the women between 25-45,
|Twelve Days of A Vegan Christmas
Here's a little ditty my Sweetie and I cooked up for your seasonal cheer. Enjoy my Kos friends!
|What's For Dinner? v.6.15: Easy Holiday Side Dishes
So many Thanksgivings and so many Christmases of the past our Moms were in the kitchen making everything from scratch. At least that's how it was at my house. I might have helped chopping or ...
|What's For Dinner? v5.47: drchelo's Recipes
This diary is dedicated to my wonderful friend, drchelo, who passed away two years ago on June 20th, 2009. I can think of no better memorial than to pass on her recipes to her friends here on Dkos. ...
|What's For Dinner? v 5.32 Cakes For Two
My Mother was the supreme Southern cake and pie diva in Dallas in the 50's, 60's & 70's. She auctioned her special cakes and pies for the benefit of her church, and made a bunch of money ($25 for a ...
|What's For Dinner: Aw, Nuts! Holiday Snacks
I love making snacky things to take to or have at parties or dinners anytime of the year. Nuts are some of my favorite things to take. Everyone usually loves them. Here are some you might like ...
|What's For Dinner? A Wee Bit 'O Stew
Once upon a time there was, Irish ways and Irish laws, Villages of Irish blood, Waking to the morning, waking to the morning There is a rich history in Ireland of "Cead Mile Failte" or a ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by TX Scotia
- DK Quilt Guild: A place for quilters to gather, share ideas, projects, and to make the world a better place, one quilt at a time. Join us and share your thoughts, projects, questions, ...27 comments 19 Recs
- What Are You Working On? is for all things hand-made, home-made, and creative in a variety of mediums.17 comments 9 Recs
- For this recipe, you will need 1 Pepe Romero 1 Neville Mariner 1 Chamber Orchestra of the Academy of St. Martin In the Fields (If Messrs. Romero and Mariner are otherwise engaged, or if you haven'...75 comments 35 Recs
- Comhghairdeas, Éire! Huffington Post has an article on the results: here . "We're the first country in the world to enshrine marriage equality in our constitution and do so by popular mandate. ...44 comments 42 Recs
- Naomi O'Leary captures the scene on a train #HomeToVote The Irish are headed to the polls today for a nationwide vote on same-sex marriage and thousands of Irish citizens have gone to extraordinary ...41 comments 95 Recs
- 2015 Opportunity Quilt by the Carquinez Strait Stitchers DK Quilt ...16 comments 17 Recs
- What Are You Working On? is our place to share the creative side of ourselves. Do you sew or knit, crochet or quilt, paint or write, create with metal or wood? This is a place to share and find new ...21 comments 12 Recs
- The mixing of tribes...... Mon May 18, 2015 at 1:43 AM PT : I posted this today on my community blog https://petefarrupdate.wordpress.com/99 comments 237 Recs
- I mentioned a few weeks ago that I'd fairly recently discovered the variety of books on the subject of food history. To start with, the concept includes several different sub-genres: some writers ...79 comments 32 Recs
- Those of you who ...86 comments 108 Recs
TX Scotia's Tags
- Backyard Science (3363)
- Books That Changed My Life (493)
- Confessions of a Retail Worker (501)
- Cooking (1359)
- Cranky Users (302)
- Culinary Arts (9)
- Daily Bucket (395)
- e-Readers & Book Lovers Club (33)
- food diary (38)
- Gallery Kos (60)
- Genealogy and Family History Community (251)
- Get Growing (10)
- Kos Katalogue (1156)
- Living Simply (87)
- Occupy Olympia (24)
- PacNW Kossacks (47)
- Park Avenue (242)
- Readers & Book Lovers (5906)
- Recipes (2041)
- Single Payer (2694)