Below you'll find recent contributions related to Terrapin's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|A Body Camera Won't Bring a Dead Boy to Life Nor Revoke a License to Kill.
|R.I.P. A Garden Grew in Oakland Today.
Oscar Grant Plaza filled Saturday afternoon with a couple hundred people come to the first #BlackSpring event in Oakland. The organizers came up with a great idea, an its already spread across the ...
|We Are People for Bernie
Right after Bernie Sanders announced his intention to run, grassroots supporters from the occupy, labor, environmental and socialist movements published an open letter endorsing his candidacy . ...
|From Oakland to Baltimore. Labor & Community Against Police Terror on May Day.
A simple tweetpic essay. from the 510 to the 410 pic.twitter.com/3EhcbjcnWw — m4rg1n4L (@marg1nal) May 1, 2015 Putting the final touches on chalk art at Oscar Grant Plaza before the march ...
|The Only Chart You Need To Pick a President
I was born in 1979. It's a year that many economists have now found to be a turning point. From the end of the Great Depression until the year I was born, American productivity and prosperity ...
|Baltimore. Tweetpics from the Streets.
It's hard to know exactly what's going on. From the storyline the tweets tell, after Freddy Gray's funeral this morning things heated up considerably. Various police transports have been set on ...
|A Photo from Baltimore.
Photo : If ever a photo should exist to explain how we feel every day, from the moment we arise til we fall asleep. pic.twitter.com/m9hdWJ6TrU — The Real Segun Idowu (@RevrendDoctor) April 26, ...
|The Failure of Privatization
Sell Yosemite! Dump the Post Office, the prison system, education, Social Security!! Conservatives have been pushing this agenda for decades, insisting that private ownership would increase ...
|T C Gibian||04/26/2015||11|
|It's long past time to take away Obama's flying death robots
Back in 2013, in the aftermath of his murder of Americans Anwar al-Awlaki and his 16 year old son, when Mr. Obama was trying to justify his arrogated powers to incinerate people with his fleet of ...
|He Could Have Been the Greatest Kossack There Ever Was. This is His Story. (Poll)
Had he lived in our times, he (we'll call him Bill) could have been a prominent blogger on Daily Kos. In fact, given his way with words and unique ability to coin new phrases, I'm sure he'd have ...
|The Future of the Middle Class: Slumlords, sharecroppers, and racist vigilantes
In case you missed it, the billionaires' final solution to the problem of the American middle class (as created by FDR) has been underway since the 2008 crash. For six centuries there has been a ...
Recommended by Terrapin
- This is not an easy diary to write. I've considered myself liberal since I was young. My views on the world aligned (and still do) with thoughts we consider classically liberal. I believe in free ...1081 comments 241 Recs
- Almost two years ago the Rolling Jubilee , a project of Strike Debt (an offshoot of Occupy Wall Street), announced an ambitious stunt - raise $50,000 and abolish $1,000,000 in medical debt. They ...94 comments 307 Recs
- Fastest Internet in US? It's Chattanooga, TN, Thanks to Local and Fed $$$ (Ps. Big Cable Very Angry)Yes, you read that right. Internet speeds as fast as 1 gigabit gigabyte per second are the norm in the city of Chattanooga, Tennessee . Not the spot you might have predicted, would you. Certainly ...111 comments 357 Recs
- Originally published in Tikkun Daily Growing up outside of Atlanta, I learned to crawl with Bob Dylan's " Only A Pawn In Their Game " as my soundtrack, anti-war posters hanging on the walls, ...719 comments 687 Recs
- Support independent cartooning: join Sparky's List —and be sure to visit TT'...44 comments 122 Recs
- I don't give a flying fig if it's a metaphor, a simile, or any other kind of rhetorical device. Imagine someone coming here for the first time and seeing all this meta bullshit. Then try to ...619 comments 107 Recs
- Paul Ryan is the leader of the Republican Party’s “intellectual” wing. He has been described by the news media in fawning terms as a “policy wonk”, a “numbers guy”, and a “serious ...247 comments 272 Recs
- If you have ties to the chinese american community here in California, you have no doubt seen a torrent of chain emails railing against SCA-5 this past 2 weeks. SCA-5 is a state constitutional ...48 comments 22 Recs
- Not only to blame, not completely to blame. But yes, anyone who is of the liberal, progressive, or further-left persuasion that does not vote Democratic on general election day 2014 will be partly ...60 comments 16 Recs
- Yesterday kos posted that we should stop obsessing upon Hillary Clinton as the presumptive Democratic nominee in the 2016 presidential election and the inability to ...205 comments 242 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.