Posting History for TexDemAtty
|Why we need Obamacare
Recently, I left a job with employer provided insurance to venture out on my own. And the health insurance nightmare has shown why we need Obamacare.
|Dick Morris can suck it
Years ago I admired Dick Morris. And now, well, over the squiggle of Morris' morals.
|Health Insurance makes us Captives
I have employer health insurance. And it has made me a captive to a job I hate. Our system of insurance ties us to jobs solely because our system mandates it. More after the fold.
|My facebook re: Komen
Here's what i posted everywhere I could on Facebook.
|OT: What to name my son
Ok, not overtly political diary. I have a son on the way. Looking for a name. Ideally some sort of political and literary connection. Been pounding my head on a wall, so I thought I would come ...
|We do not know the ultimate effect of the debt deal.
Thousands upon thousands of political analysts of all political stripes have and will analyze, pick apart, discuss, and argue about the debt deal. And there will be thousands of divergent opinions.
|Stop. Just Stop. No more GBCW diaries.
Ok, that is it. That is enough. No more will I sit here I read them. The GBCW diaries are just plain offensive to anyone who has ever written an actual GBCW letter or, more accurately, a suicide ...
|No threats of violence
I have read many a diary and/or comment that, on one level or another, amounted to a call to violence. It is never appropriate to advocate violence. Never.
|This may make me a bastard
I seem like a bastard. I may be a bastard. Fair enough, YMMV. But, this is what I think of Libya.
I am wondering about the new MoJo system. And I doubt I am the only one. So, follow me to the depths below the fold to my question.
|OK, good god, really?
I, like many, have been following the Wisconsin (revolt? situation? protest?) with great interest. And watching how the similar states (FL, OH, etc.) are treading in light of the same. And, I am ...
|Walker must lose
This idea has been touched upon (or discussed) in various other diaries. That said, a central post is a good idea. To asses other discussion here are these diaries can be read via: http://www....
|I think Olbermann is laying a trap
Much digital ink has been spilt on the Olbermann's suspension. I, like others, want him back. But, I think he has bigger plans . . .
MSNBC just reported 39% write-in, over both Miller and McAdams. Ok, not a long diary, but breaking news. I think that gets diary status. You can HR me if you want, but don't waste them. Save ...
|How do I respond to an Obama=Hitler email?
Earlier today I received an Obama=Hitler email. This is the 3rd or 4th anti-Obama email that I have received from my uncle (it was sent to the rest of my immediate family, as well as some people I ...
|So, my co-worker thinks I'm gay
I learned today that my co-worker thinks I'm gay. Hmm. Just because I advocate for equal rights for homosexuals, like Broadway shows, and happen to be single and in my 30s, seems, in a Republican ...
|A GOP idea I can get behind
In the GOP's "new" Pledge to America, an interesting bullet point shows up at the end of the "Checks and Balances" Section: • We will fight efforts to use a national crisis for ...
|Fun with google Complete
I was curious what results would come up in Google's auto-complete for various Republican figures and the Republican Party and Tea Party themselves. For each entry below, I entered "[name/term] is/...
|Edit: The silver lining if a tea bagger wins
First, I want to say that I want the Democrats to maintain their Senate majority. That said, if the Democrats are going to lose a race, I want a tea bagger to win it. Because I think it will crush ...
|What if we lose?
This Diary is not Troll-Bait. This Diary is not about a flame war. I want you to consider what happens if we lose in November. Close your eyes and imagine, just for a moment, what happens if we ...
|Texas hates gays - it forces them to stay married
A little background. Two men married in Massachusetts in 2006. At some point they moved to Texas. Their relationship fell apart, as many a marriage does. They filed for divorce in Dallas in 2009.
|NewsFlash: There are African-Americans on Faux News
I force myself to watch Faux News, solely to respond to those who live and breathe it. And tonight I noticed an amazing trend.
|Palin's Version of the Bill of Rights
I have watched with growing dismay as the right has further and further corrupted the Bill of Rights. The worst offender, as amply demonstrated by her recent tweets, is Sarah Palin. So, I ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by TexDemAtty
- Those aren't Scooby Snacks! /Previously in The Fourth Amendment and You/: Supreme Court says slapping a GPS onto your Jeep Grand Cherokee is a "search" because it's on your property; also ...66 comments 76 Recs
- What has Fox News come to? Yesterday on The O'Reilly Factor , Bill O got into a discussion with Megyn Kelly about the Prop 8 hearing. In just under two minutes they managed to alienate a large ...182 comments 180 Recs
- (Note: I did not address this missive to "Firearms Enthusiasts," "Hunters," "Strict Constitutionalists" or "Concerned Homeowners.")202 comments 247 Recs
- Earlier I mocked Rep. Virginia Foxx for this tweet:94 comments 148 Recs
- I was simultaneously disgusted and amused today to learn that you don't support marriage equality. Let me tell you why. You're in your early 30s. You're white. You were a teenage mom. You came up ...151 comments 589 Recs
- This, apparently, is Mr. Weatherford's definition of The Golden Rule Florida House Speaker Will Weatherford is a rising star in conservative political circles. Yesterday, the 33-year-old Republican ...90 comments 122 Recs
- John Asshat McCain says that Rand Paul's notable talking filibuster over the Administration's drone policy could lead to...gasp...rules that require a talking filibuster:146 comments 154 Recs
- Harris County is Houston, known better to you and I as the American death penalty capital. But I'm not writing about state-sponsored punishment today. I want to write about something else, and that'64 comments 167 Recs
- Spanish people are lazy AND stealing all the jobs. At the same time. Lazy, but also taking all the jobs because they work so much AND because they are lazy. Are you following me? If we give all the ...145 comments 261 Recs
- A high school teacher tells college educators what they can expect in the wake of No Child Left Behind and Race to the Top. Reprinted with permission from the January-February issue of Academe, the ...188 comments 261 Recs