Posting History for The grouch
|So help me Gosh, I live amongst idiots.
This is a diary in two parts; one serious and one ranty. So, the serious part. (in which your author rants a bit) On the atheist American airman who apparently cannot re-enlist unless he swears to ...
|Bilingualism, fear and the brain.
Look, I'm an ugly American. I speak one language, and only moderately well at that. Sure, I know a handful of phrases and words in French and Spanish, but saying I have any fluency would be false. ...
|Musings from the Food Lion checkout line..
I've had some thoughts lately that I wanted to get out, so I hope I can be coherent. I was in the supermarket checkout line a few weeks ago, and I had purchased the fixings for home-made spaghetti ...
|Phil Everly, gone at 74.
Phil was the younger one, the pretty one, the harmonizer. His voice floated on top of his brother's, and wandered around, lending a variety to the melodies that made them just that much better. ...
|Retirement quandaries, and life.
Hi y'all. Yes, I've lived in NC too long, and I start to sound local. I just wanted to share some things that are going on, and get some stuff off my chest, so bear with me, if you want to. I turn ...
|This week I joined the Teamsters
I work at a big UPS hub, moving packages. I've been there for 11 years. I'm in a "right to work" state, so it's voluntary. So, why was I a free rider for so long? Why did I change? That's part of a ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by The grouch
- On Friday afternoon, May 15, we introduced the Weekly Poll of Available GOP Candidates in the interests of assisting the GOP Thought Manipulators in selecting their 2016 Candidate. There were over ...15 comments 7 Recs
- Because he clearly didn't know. 2 guys are at a bar, the waitress is nearby...waiting. She approaches the man on the further barstool with what appears to be the check and he responds by trying to ...53 comments 111 Recs
- Disclaimer: I have no idea what the Duggars girls feel right now but I can offer an opinion on what it feels like to be a survivor of sexual abuse going through a media storm. I am the survivor ...188 comments 519 Recs
- A two step program 1] Educate women 2] Easy access to multiple forms of free birth control. In every country, even regions of rapidly expanding population [eg India] where women are educated and ...194 comments 217 Recs
- Good Morning Kossacks and Welcome to Morning Open Thread (MOT) We're known as the MOTley Crew and you can find us here every morning at 6:30 am Eastern (and perhaps sometimes earlier!). Feel ...52 comments 16 Recs
- We've made it to Friday again, beer fans. Come in and share a cold one with FNBB! And now my new song, titled "Bad Beer Boogie", inspired by this story that I covered a few weeks ago . The music ...12 comments 7 Recs
- Rep. Jackie Speier (D-CA) was not impressed. The House passed the National Defense Authorization Act this week, and while much of the ...25 comments 49 Recs
- I haven't been blogging for a bit. I've been busy reading and researching. But given the discussions of late, I thought I would share a bit of truth about ourselves that needs to be exposed and ...320 comments 434 Recs
- Nine people shot to death at a family restaurant . Dozens of others stabbed, beaten, and seriously injured. Over 100 guns recovered. Sounds like one of the ...734 comments 735 Recs
- (photo credit: Annie Leibovitz) From AP , via The Washington Post : VEGAS — ‘King of the Blues’ legend B.B. King dead in Las Vegas at age 89, his attorney says. http://www....119 comments 255 Recs
The grouch's Tags
- No current results.
The grouch's Blogroll
- No current results.