Posting History for Therapy
|The Housing Market Has NOT Recovered
Sure, we bought at the height of the bubble, but we invested around 70k in a sweet master suite, central air and wine cellar...all in a beautiful Nebraska (fuck red states) historical home with ...
|Obamacare and Windows 1.0
Anybody still using Windows 1.0? ... Buellar Buellar Buellar ...
According to WaPo: Another large chunk of savings — $12 billion over the next decade — would come from reduced contributions to federal pensions, split evenly between military retirees and new ...
|K.I.S.S.: How Obama and Democrats can win the shutdown showdown
Call a press conference every few hours, every day and repeat, time after time: "Republicans shutdown the federal government because they don't want Americans to save money on health care." There'...
|Republicans favor rich over the troops
The GOP's unwillingness to ask a little more from the 1% or to end oil company subsidies or to fix tax loopholes means that the troops will no longer be able to get tuition assistance. What: ...
|Hot Craig's List Item: In case you need $$$
Just a short diary here for anybody looking for an easy way to make some cash. I've been selling some stuff on Craigslist lately, electronics, furniture, speakers etc, but man I have gotten a ton ...
|Gun Control IAW the 2nd Amendment's true intent
Law abiding citizens with firearms for protection, hunters/sportsmen and gun nuts/collectors alike fear potential government tyranny at the mere mention of gun control and stake out self-righteous ...
|Democrats are about to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!
To hell with cuts to social security! Seriously? WTF Prez? Let's start the conversation with raising taxes on the rich, $250,000+, to 50% with deductions and 39.6% at a minimum. Also, make ...
|Countering the Semi-Automatics aren't dangerous argument
Just a short diary here to remind/inform people that semi-automatics are very dangerous, if not more so, than fully automatic weapons. The "we shouldn't ban guns/rifles because they are only semi-...
|How do you address partisan lies with Your family?
I'm estranged from my family for a few reasons. It goes way back. I suppose it started when I didn't take to sports in school and ended up flunking out my sophomore year, then even summer school. ...
|We should all meet for ice cream
Hey gang, just a short note since I'm on my mobile, but I was just thinking wouldn't it be fun to celebrate the President's debate performance last night if we could all meet for ice cream? I've ...
|We Should Have Nuked Afganistan
I am fucking outraged about the recent killings of US Officers in Afganistan. Especially considering the reports that the murderer got past a coded entrance. Yea yea, argue all you want about ...
|Breaking (not): Services embracing repeal of DADT
Huffpo has an article here describing how even the Marines are calling the repeal of DADT a non-issue.
|Occupy Black Friday
It's that time of year again and I will NOT be participating. I did for the first and probably last time-last year. See, I wanted a flat screen TV, for about 2-3 years, considering we had our 32" ...
|OWS: We Don't Need Complicated Messaging, Demands or Manifestos
Yesterday I was glued to DKos, eagerly reading about the protests on Wall Street between patients etc. Starting ...
|OWS: Idea for Spreading the Occupation
Thanks to all of you on the ground and fighting out there! I envy your achievements and appreciate your sacrifice. I look forward to all the recommended posts about this movement, particularly by ...
|Occupy Lincoln: A Photo Diary
Welcome to Lincoln, Nebraska, home of the Big Red (Go Huskers!) and Nebraska's Capital or the penis on the plains as we affectionately call it. We held our first major protest in Solidarity with ...
|What I'd like to see more of in Occupy Wallstreet Photos
These protests resonate with me greatly even though my family has weathered the recession fairly well with our federal jobs. We have our concerns, such as the federal pay schedule freeze and the ...
|It's my Birthday
and I'll cry if I want to Happy Birthday fellow 9-...
|The President's Master Plan?
Like many progressives, I feel my blood pressure and sense of outrage rise whenever I hear politicians, Republican or Democrat, consider cuts to Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid. I say that ...
|Congressional AIG Outrage the Smoking Gun
Oh please, politicians are outraged over a few measley millions for AIG bonuses? Like most people are saying, this is a distraction. But it's not just a distraction from what's most important for ...
|Updated: Tips for Easing Back Pain While Standing in Line
Sorry I waited to post on this until today and don't have time before work to post pics or a more in-depth guide, but I wanted to get something out in case it will help. There are many causes of ...
|Are Hillary Supporters Really So Shortsighted?
I was just watching CNN and heard some Hillary supporters in New Hampshire formed a democratic group to vote for McCain. Are they serious? It sounds like they want to cut off their nose to spite ...
|I am so sick of outsourcing
I am so tired of calling my creditors and being transferred to someone who is obviously not from America. How do I know this? Well, they may speak English, but it doesn't mean they understand my ...
|1st CAV 2BCT Iraq Care Package Support Effort
First of all, thank you all so much for supporting us both last year and now again. I've already received many packages for the soldiers in my unit. I'm sorry I won't be able to reply to you in ...
|There I was...
...looking at the back of the man working at the table. He was about five feet, ten inches tall, and medium weight with a slight belly sticking out of his dirty denim coveralls. I couldn't see his ...
So it's another day in paradise (not) where every day is just like the last. Mine usually begins around 0600, shaving and getting into ACUs for the walk to chow. I'm not a "morning person" per say, ...
|The most important story in the U.S.
Several Americans die every day in Iraq, be it IED, VBIED, direct fire, or "non-combat" causes. Military commanders are pressured to show "signs of progress" lest they lose a star or other ...
|Finally found my voice...
My first diary. It's not very long because, well, I try not to think about anything for too long over here. It reminds me of a Cake song. I don't remember the exact words, but I like to think of it ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Therapy
- The ThinkProgress title sums this one up nicely . Virginia State Legislature Bans American Flags On Sticks, But Lets Guns In And no, it isn't a ...169 comments 191 Recs
- This past Tuesday, Michelangelo Signorile , liberal activist and host of the “Michelangelo Signorile Show” on the Sirius XM Progress channel, obliterated a hateful conservative caller from ...225 comments 708 Recs
- This is a rant, based on something that happened today. Perhaps it is not diary material but this is the only community where I think this rant may resonate. That, sadly, in and of itself is not a ...166 comments 273 Recs
- First of all, after my exclusive analysis of the ACA Medicaid enrollment situation last week , which concluded that the true grand total number of Medicaid/CHIP enrollments is actually as much as 6....60 comments 195 Recs
- I've been away for a while working on a couple of book projects and trying to figure out how I might survive over the next few years as I grow older, broker and ever less employable. I've been ...631 comments 739 Recs
- In Chris Hedge's piece at truth-out, one of the most perceptive writers I can think of writes [Overthrow the Speculators http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/20927-chris-hedges-overthrow-the-...101 comments 235 Recs
- And who better to start off the craziness than...172 comments 69 Recs
- This past week, Megyn Kelly stepped in a big pile of yellow snow for declaring that both Santa and Jesus were white, touching off days of well-earned mockery for the Fox News "journalist". After ...126 comments 226 Recs
- 326 comments 422 Recs
- On Tuesday, President Obama spoke to a group of CEOs at the Wall Street Journal CEO Council. And--this should surprise no one--he again explained how he wants to cut Social Security and Medicare ...1136 comments 273 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.