Below you'll find recent contributions related to Timothy L Smith's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|This user has not yet added any favorites.|
Recommended by Timothy L Smith
- Miles Davis is obviously the most iconic Jazz musician in popular culture. His 65 years on the planet-- May 26, 1926 – September 28, 1991—span the most Amazing period of musical production in ...61 comments 47 Recs
- People frequently ask me "where do you fly out of?". The answer is "It's complicated". Like most airline pilots, I commute to and from work. Which explains how I find myself sitting in the passenger ...93 comments 180 Recs
- Greetings hipsters. Branching off my recent diaries focused on Miles and Coltrane, I wanted to dwell on Bill Evans this week. However, in doing so, I also want to talk about some racial issues ...88 comments 70 Recs
- There are few spectacles on earth more awe inspiring than a tornado over land or sea. If they seem unearthly, with all our modern science and perspective, imagine how they appeared to ancient ...47 comments 88 Recs
- My first, broad reaction to how this place has been responding to coverage of the fabricated GOP scandals floating around was just an irritated comment, now on the Rec List: Why are you all just ...341 comments 459 Recs
- Say what you will, the man was an inspiration...136 comments 530 Recs
- By now we've got a pretty good handle on how a modern jetliner is designed to fly. We've got a beautiful swept wing, nicely optimized for flying at .80 mach at 35,000 feet. Wing Design And there, ...77 comments 128 Recs
- ***UPDATE - due to the overwhelming and gratifying response to this diary - it has now become almost impossible for some people to get it to load, and we are struggling to add all of the names of ...2524 comments 983 Recs
- *Updated. When I posted this in the middle of the night, I had no idea it would be rescued & make the rec list. I'm sorry I haven't been able to be more involved in the discussion. I got up today, ...208 comments 141 Recs
- The great comic improviser, Jonathan Winters, passed on yesterday, age 87. He was an inspiration to many, including Robin Williams. His style of improv confused some, but almost always got a laugh.80 comments 197 Recs
Timothy L Smith's Tags
- No current results.
Timothy L Smith's Blogroll
- No current results.