Below you'll find recent contributions related to TriSec's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Holiday Open Thread tonight. Monday Night Cancer Club.
Thought it was time to see what everyone was up to. How is treatment going? How is post treatment going? How are you surviving your survival of cancer? Are you newly diagnosed? Are you ready for ...
|My Buddhism Comes Out Of The Closet
On April 27 my life changed forever with a seizure and following that: the diagnosis of brain cancer. I am beginning full spectrum treatment on Thursday the 28th with radiation, chemo, and cannabis.
Every Memorial Day I try to think of those who lost their lives in service to our country, but I can never focus on abstract deaths, nor on so many. I always end up thinking about fellow ...
|Memorial Day Lesson, with Steel Guitars
In my early days of the Vietnam War, my crew and I slept on Guam, an island from which our B52s flew west day and night. Sometimes, our flying schedule left us some room to head to the airbase's ...
|What's for Dinner? v9.43: Mauro Giuliani Roasted Potatoes with Asparagus
For this recipe, you will need 1 Pepe Romero 1 Neville Mariner 1 Chamber Orchestra of the Academy of St. Martin In the Fields (If Messrs. Romero and Mariner are otherwise engaged, or if you haven'...
|Community Quilt for Gordon20024
CelticLassie's quilt. Please keep her and her family in your thoughts... It is a shock when you learn that a friend has cancer. Gordon20024 recently learned that he does. He is a person who is ...
|When The Road In Front Is Shorter Than The Road Behind...
I've been spending hours and hours over the past few months in deep meditation. Meditation regarding my life, life in general, life on earth, humanity, how my life fits in with humanity... how my ...
|The Viking Mars Mission
In October 1957, the Soviet Union launched the first satellite, Sputnik. Over the next 20 years, the Space Race saw the USSR and the USA compete in a series of space spectaculars as each tried to ...
|Report from the Home Front- The Brain Tumor known as Little C gets packed off to the guest bedroom.
Crystal Eyes (Pete Farr) (with his wife Snapples (Maureen Farr)) experienced the shock of a seizure April 27 which revealed a grade 3 anaplastic astrocytoma brain tumor. May the ongoing diaries of ...
|Community Quilt Project Video Testimonial - peregrine kate
At NN13, a number of our quilt recipients were kind enough to give video interviews about their community quilts and what they meant to them. Among them was someone who has become a good friend, ...
|I never thought I’d grow up to be poor.
I didn’t really think I’d be rich either, except for a very small part of my brain that thought I’d be rich and famous when I grew up. Like, you know maybe I’d grow up to be a band. I guess ...
|Brain Tumors and Black Birds Singing In The Dead Of Night
The mixing of tribes...... Mon May 18, 2015 at 1:43 AM PT : I posted this today on my community blog https://petefarrupdate.wordpress.com/
|What's For Dinner? v9.42 - Historical Food
I mentioned a few weeks ago that I'd fairly recently discovered the variety of books on the subject of food history. To start with, the concept includes several different sub-genres: some writers ...
|DKos Asheville: Celtic Lassie's Quilt
DKos Ashevillians traveled to Tennesee Wednesday to present Sara and Ann's amazing community quilt to Celtic Lassie with Otteray Scribe. A worthy dose of love from Kossacks. Gordon20024 drove down ...
|Inside the Cockpit
...Is a fascinating article in the NY Times today .Mark Vanhoenacker is a senior first officer for British Airways on the Boeing 747-400 fleet and the author of “Skyfaring: A Journey With a Pilot.
|Shadow War - Night fighters and electronic warfare in WWII
The only course open to us now is to make an assault by fire on the barbarians under cover of night. Sun Tzu One byproduct of warfare, horrible as it may be, is that technology tends to make ...
|Cuba has agreed to share lung cancer vaccine with the United States
From Wired.com: CUBA HAS FOR several years had a promising therapeutic vaccine against lung cancer. The 55-year trade embargo led by the US made sure that Cuba was ...
Recommended by TriSec
- A few days ago I sat down with my son and watched the premiere episode of Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey , the sequel/followup/re-imagining of the pivotal 1980 miniseries created and hosted by the ...226 comments 256 Recs
- Unlike 800,000 furloughed federal workers, Rep. Renee Ellmers needs her paycheck.210 comments 144 Recs
- A few months ago, President Obama in a well publicized speech encouraging toleration mentioned in general the historical contributions to our country of individuals, Americans, professing the Muslim ...6 comments 9 Recs
- I admit to spending a lot of time now that I am retired reminiscing about my childhood in Iowa, and a lot of that time daydreaming about my first dog, Frolics. What is it about a person's first dog ...41 comments 60 Recs
- Next week the Republican National Committee is holding a meeting in Boston. Special guests include Newt Gingrich, Chris Christie and Chairman Reince Priebus. Please sign our letter welcoming them to ...1 comments 9 Recs
- A few weeks ago I was hiking on a high peak very close to a large metro area. The peak sees a lot of foot traffic being as it is the highest summit in a very popular National Park. The trail is a ...62 comments 32 Recs
- In a case that highlights absolutely everything wrong with this country, Wisconsin state Department of Natural Resources (DNR) agents and sheriff's deputies "armed to the teeth" raided a non-profit ...691 comments 643 Recs
- The link is Gawker, but there is video. Sometimes it is difficult to tell whether the obtuseness of Fox News is real or feigned. This is an interview with Reza Aslan , primarily about his new book,16 comments 8 Recs
- This breaking news item from the Pope literally made my jaw drop...in a good way. That's something I'm not sure I've ever said about the Catholic Church before...unless I was viewing one of their ...39 comments 20 Recs
- The Obama administration can't do anything about the sequester cuts to cancer treatment for Medicare patients, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services reiterated to Congress. ...32 comments 31 Recs
- No current results.