Below you'll find recent contributions related to Truedelphi's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|American reality distorted by media coverage and police response
In the last few days America witnessed something many have been stating for decades. The media coverage and interpretation of events is demonstrably race based. I walked into my home from after ...
|Not The Evening Blues Sunday Edition
Not the Evening Blues yet again. This is going to be a bass sampler and I'll probably be doing dinner when it first postsor soon after. Nonetheless, but there's a hole to plug here. Yep, BASS, ...
|Duggar Parents Placed Son in Christian Treatment Facility whose Leader was Caught Molesting Girls
This story keeps getting ickier. From radaronline.com : After Josh Duggar admitted to his parents Jim Bob and Michelle that he had fondled multiple minor females in his home, his parents say they ...
|Not the Evening Blues
No particular theme, and I'll be doing dinner when it first posts, but there's a hole to plug here. I had started gathering stuff when Johnny said it was off, so I'll just throw some stuff out here. ...
|The Daily Bucket - Enormous Plankton Database
The Daily Bucket is a regular feature of the Backyard Science group. It is a place to note any observations you have made of the world around you. Insects, weather, meteorites, climate, birds ...
|High School Art Exhibit Attacked By Cops for Depicting Police Brutality
Many, many police officers and their supporters are going ape shit very upset at a group of student artists at Westfield High School in New Jersey for daring ...
|Cartoon: Animal Nuz #252 - Raging Bully Edition||ericlewis0||05/23/2015||76|
|Walking with Wildflowers: Photo Diary & Open Thread for Street Prophets
Greetings! And welcome to another fuzzy offering left just outside the back door by Marko the Werelynx. This week I thought I'd share a few more photos from my trip up into the rolling, green ...
|Marko the Werelynx||05/22/2015||41|
|ConAgra $11.2M Salmonella Settlement
ConAgra just agreed to an $11.2 million settlement which included $8 million in criminal fines relating to charges of shipping salmonella tainted food across state lines. Though this is the largest ...
|Huckabee stands by the Duggars because "good people make mistakes"
Mike Huckabee posted to his FB page today clearly stating his support for Josh Duggar and the Duggar family. After reading entire absurd post I think we can safely rule him out as Presidential ...
|Allergies, antibiotics, gut biomes and the immune system
I'm just going to link to three articles dealing with recent studies on these matters.They are to some extent all related because of the focus on infant and childhood development of systems and ...
|Christiegate: Christie Goes on Expletive-Filled Rant in Front of Large Crowd
(illustration by DonkeyHotey) Ruh-roh - looks like Christie is cracking. From Talking Points Memo : New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) gave a speech on Wednesday full of ...
|HI-Sen: Brian Schatz (D) Fights Back Against Fast Tracking The TPA
U.S. Senator Brian Schatz (D. HI), who has been an adamant opponent of the TPP, is now focusing on stopping the TPA:
|Comic Books: Street Prophets Thursday Coffee Hour
Welcome to Thursday Coffee Hour. This is an open thread so help yourself to the goodies and let us know what is new with you. I have family members who are seriously into comic books. Growing up I ...
|IL-Sen: Mark Kirk (R) Gets His Facts Wrong Regarding Nelson Mandela & South Africa's Nuclear Program
U.S. Senator Mark Kirk (R. IL) has been pushing his Iran Sanctions Bill which would greatly undermine President Obama's negotiations with Iran: http://www.niacouncil.org/much-more-is-needed-from-...
|In Defense of Shaun King
Let's begin by being honest. Shaun King is a polarizing figure. He has a very specific point of view when it comes to American police forces and their dealings with African Americans, and he is ...
|Questions for kos on Clinton (and some meta observations)
kos, in your piece from The Hill declaring Clinton a "true liberal," and in your own front page post essentially making the same case, The optimist's case for Hillary Clinton , you spoke not one ...
|Jeb Bush Says it's "Really Arrogant" to be Certain About Man-Made Global Warming
(photo credit: Rollins College) From Talking Points Memo : Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) said Wednesday that it's "really arrogant" for people to say there's a scientific ...
|CA-Sen: Watch Kamala Harris (D) Rock The California Democratic Party Convention
Received this e-mail today from Attorney General Kamala Harris' (D. CA) U.S. Senate campaign:
|MD-Sen: Donna Edwards (D) Goes After The Medicare Cuts In The TPP||poopdogcomedy||05/20/2015||6|
|WA-Gov & Sen: PPP Has Inslee (D) & Murray (D) Starting Off Looking Strong For Re-Election
Some good news today from PPP out of Washington: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2015/05/washington-voters-grow-further-in-support-of-gay-marriage-marijuana-background-checks....
|WI-Sen: Sherrod Brown (D. OH) Helps Russ Feingold (D) Get Ready To Defeat Ron Johnson (R)
Received this e-mail from one of my favorite U.S. ...
|MO-Sen: Jason Kander (D) & VoteVets Push Congress To Give Veterans Free Access To Public Parks
Received this e-mail today from VoteVets and Secretary of State Jason Kander's (D. MO) U.S. Senate campaign: I ...
|CT-Sen: Richard Blumenthal (D) Keeps Up The Fight For Mandatory GMO Labeling
Received this e-mail today from U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal (D. CT): As a dad, it’s always been ...
|Bits of Spam and Site Functionality [For Staff & Admins, others welcome to comment]
The latest spam/potential phisher trick ( as in "latest only in terms of recent apparent push" and not in the "never been done before" sense ) is to post a spam diary with a name and phone number. ...
|UBS Pleads Guilty to Biggest Financial Scam in History - Citibank & J.P. Morgan Also Plead Guilty
(image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...
|Bush CIA Deputy Director Admits We Were Lied Into Iraq War
(photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...
|WI-Sen: Ron Johnson (R), 'I May Trust Ayatollah Over Obama On Details Of Iran Deal'
More words of insanity from one of the most vulnerable Tea Part U.S. Senators: http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/senate-homeland-security-chairman-ayatollah-could-be-more-tr?utm_term=.
|Cheney Thought Al Qaeda Was Bluffing
(illustration courtesy of Mad Magazine) In case you didn't yet know Cheney was recklessly incompetent. From firstlook.org : When presented with an actual terror threat – the one that ...
|Israeli Soldiers Reveal the Horrors of Gaza in 'Breaking the Silence' Report
Originally published in Tikkun Daily A major in Israel's infantry, who fought in the Northern Gaza Strip during Israel's assault in the summer of 2014, talks of devastation. He talks of endless ...
|David Harris Gershon||05/18/2015||83|
|PA-Sen: Uncovering Pat Toomey's (R) Newsletter, 5/15/15 Edition
Received this e-mail today from Joe Sestak's (D. PA) U.S. Senate campaign: For close to a year, we have ...
|Bill O'Reilly's Daughter Alleges He Dragged Wife by the Neck Down a Flight of Stairs
(image credit: theleetgeeks) From Talking Points Memo : Gawker writer J.K. Trotter published a report on Monday that alleged Fox News host Bill O'...
|Silk Flowers: Street Prophets Sunday All Day Brunch
Welcome to Sunday Brunch. This is an open topic thread so help yourself to the goodies and sit a spell and let us know what is new with you. I love flowers and plants. I have lots of arrangements in ...
Recommended by Truedelphi
- According to a report by Gary Klien of Marin Independent Journal, Marin County dozens of court employees, with representatives of their union, SEIU Local 1021, rallied outside the courthouse late ...4 comments 3 Recs
- (Cross-posted at The Makeshift Academic ) Permit me to open with a personal story. About a decade ago, I was running a small weekly newspaper in upstate New York’s Wayne County. One day, I ran ...15 comments 38 Recs
- Aspasia of Miletus was the mistress of Pericles of Athens. Socrates said she was mainly responsible for Pericles's Funeral Oration. "If we look to the laws, ours now afford equal justice to all ...48 comments 79 Recs
- I was hanging out with my buddy who is in a union. He said the ACA had caused his union health care contributions to triple. So we discussed this. Everyone in the union contributes to the health ...66 comments 61 Recs
- Back in the 1970s when I took my first graduate course in health policies, I was surprised to find the U.S. was not first in stuff like life expectancy and infant mortality. I think we were 5th in ...81 comments 185 Recs
- Award-winning investigative journalist, Audrey Hudson, had her home raided by armed federal and Maryland-state agents, who used an unrelated search warrant on August 6 to seize documents she'd ...282 comments 404 Recs
- Most people are aware of the main provisions of the ACA: elimination of pre-existing conditions, kids allowed to be on their parents' insurance until age 26, coverage without cost for preventative ...175 comments 544 Recs
- Whether or not you think Obamacare is "doomed" (and I realize many here will take issue with that characterization), this column in Foreign Affairs should be required reading for the points it makes ...95 comments 163 Recs
- President Barack Obama today addressed the disastrous launch of HealthCare.gov. Idiot Republicans squandered an opportunity to ...262 comments 71 Recs
- So much praise has been heaped on Obama these last several weeks, but it sounds like he might be giving it all away here. Buried in this Politico article is the fact that he is ok with slowing the ...28 comments 7 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.