Posting History for VTGenie
|Krugman: Paul Ryan is a Con Man
Paul Krugman's last two posts from his The Conscience of a Liberal blog are great. From yesterday we have the short but sweet, A Public Servie Reminder: Paul Ryan is a Con Man. In it, Krugman ...
|FAIR: When is a Mandate Not a Mandate?
The media bias group Fairness in Accuracy and Reporting (FAIR) has put together a terrific answer to the "mandate question." In their brief but damning article, When is a Mandate Not a Mandate: ...
|A look back to September 1st
This makes me laugh. Back on September 1st I had some fun creating a chart (shown below) that counted Obama's paths to 270 Electoral Votes. My strategy was simple: using Nate Silver's numbers I ...
|Top-ticket Clean Sweep in VT
No surprises but still great! With 23% reported, the breakdown is Obama 67% Sanders 71% Welch 72% Shumlin 58% (Governor) There is a down-ticket race for Treasurer that also looks promising: Pearce (...
|538: 91.4% chance Obama wins election
Obama's Battleground %s: CO: 80 FL: 52 IA:85 NH:85 VA:80 314 EVs ...
|Forget revenge: we've got the positive edge
Along with other good news in today's Pew Poll (LV:O50, R47; RV: O49, R42!) there is a revealing question about voter intent: If the presidential election were being held TODAY, would you vote for ...
|Oct. 30 Editorial Cartoon from the Cleveland Plain Dealer
Romney's Bipartisan : The cartoon refers to a radio spot Voinovich recorded earlier this month in which he praises Romney's supposed bipartisanship and attacks Obama for his "deeply partisan ...
|Romney can't win without Ohio, or else pigs have wings
I've mapped out Romney's paths to 270 electoral votes that exclude Ohio. My assumptions are that he wins all states for which Nate Silver gives him a 90% chance or better, and that he loses any ...
|Mitt's faux empathy makes me sick
Sorry, short diary-- this little tidbit went by pretty fast, but I can't get it out of my head. During the debate segment on China, Romney declared: I've watched year in and year out as companies ...
|When will it end? Now they're using President Kennedy to lie for them
Wyoming Senator John Barrasso gave the Republican response to Obama's weekly address on Saturday. It is, as you would expect, a long list of the same lies they've been spewing throughout this ...
|Electoral Vote Math: Obama 193, Romney 0
As Rolandz notes, Nate Silver has had some steadily encouraging numbers for Obama: his current forecast for Nov. 6, up even from yesterday, is a 73.1% chance of winning, and a healthy 305.5 ...
|"Rankest HYPOCRISY: Janesville Congressman Paul Ryan"||VTGenie||08/30/2012||3||3||-||110|
|SO proud of my little Vermont town
We did it! Tonight at Town Meeting the voters in Sudbury, VT were presented with the usual list of items, including * approving the school budget (we did) * approving the town budget (check) * ...
|What Santorum didn't say
First what Santorum did say : "One of the things that you don't know about ObamaCare in one of the mandates is they require free prenatal testing," Santorum began telling about 400 people here. "Why?
|Religious Liberty? Not So Much
I've been listening with dismay as the contraception "controversy" continues to be framed (and propagated by big media) as a fight over "religious liberty" or "freedom of conscience" or anything ...
|Recess appointment whining: hypocrisy edition
While senate Republicans--John Cornyn chief among them-- continue ...
This morning the call-in radio talk show On Point had some terrific politics discussion. The program, which is nationally ...
|Iowa Final: Mittens vs. Gloves edition
And the winner is... Gloves!
|Trump's self-fulfilling prophecy, literally
From the never-ending ego-fest known as Donald Trump, we have (via Politico ) this brilliant analysis: Donald Trump ...
|Virginia's Primary ballot: a walk down memory lane
Joan McCarter's excellent article got me thinking--
|Here's what they're gonna do:
First they'll convince Obama and the Dems that we need to "temporarily" extend the tax cuts for the wealthy, but without paying for it, because they can't. Then they'll complain: OMG! the deficit ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by VTGenie
- With Democrats across the board victory yesterday in the Senate, the top priority for Democrats has to be reforming the filibuster. This is more important than anything else as the opening move. ...324 comments 741 Recs
- I am 40 years old and this is the first time I will be voting. After hanging around here for several weeks I am very embarrassed about this fact. I registered for the first time in February ...122 comments 263 Recs
- Just look at the round-up of Sunday talk show quotes from the disastrous Vice Presidential candidate, Paul Ryan: Regarding his marathon lie : O'Donnell asked him about another fact that has ...109 comments 250 Recs
- My trip to Fry's Food Market in Phoenix, Arizona turned political this morning. First of all there was a table outside with two older Navy men dressed in their dress white uniforms. There was a ...125 comments 434 Recs
- They knew it could happen, but after crunching the numbers, the men Ayn Rand devotees would call society's producers decided that profit maximization required letting it happen: On May 28, 1972, Mrs.45 comments 39 Recs
- Is there nothing in this book but anti-sex rants? What the hell? Here's Catholic Bishop Daniel Jenky, delivering an actual sermon before a march by "Catholic men of faith" to demand women not be ...253 comments 184 Recs
- The idea for this diary has been rumbling in my brain for a few days. It was BoiseBlue's diary, " Childless by Choice. My Little Rant. " that made me decide to put the idea into words. There's ...69 comments 120 Recs
- The Obama administration may have found a way around the outlandish policy that denies health insurance coverage for contraceptives because employers have a religious or moral objection, but ...335 comments 707 Recs
- It has been an interesting day, and I thought that I might share a few highlights.83 comments 216 Recs
- Gene Weingarten, a humor columnist for the Washington Post, has skewered Rush Limbaugh with his latest chat. He begins: Were you as gratified as I was when Rush Limbaugh finally admitted on the air ...345 comments 365 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.