|Inherent Human Rights
News and discussion through the lens of the individual right to be treated with dignity, a right we understand as a cornerstone of modern democracy. From torture to dehumanizing language, this group will practice what we preach as we renew understanding of this crucial principle.
|Mental Health Awareness
Mental Health Awareness is a group for promoting greater understanding of mental health issues. Personal stories about mental illness, research or opinion pieces related to the mental health field, information on ethical dilemmas in treatment, diaries regarding legislation that affect the field, articles of note in psychology and psychiatry, and any other perspectives which raise awareness about mental illness or demonstrate the importance of highlighting mental health concerns are all welcome....
|Repeal or Amend the Second Amendment (RASA)
Our group promotes informed discussion about repealing, re-interpreting, or amending the Second Amendment of the US Constitution, following the infamous Scalia-led decisions in Heller and McDonald. Re-interpretation under a Democratic-majority Supreme Court might be easiest. If that is not possible, then repeal or amendment may be the last recourse. (This is not the same as banning guns. Gun regulation could e....
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by Valtin
- Here's some appalling statistics for you. Women who are 15 years old in 2014 face a lifetime risk of dying of 1 in 2,400, up from 1 in 3,700 for women who were 15 in the year 2000, according to ...9 comments 20 Recs
- Former German ...120 comments 39 Recs
- There is a community-based movement taking place in Democratic Republic of the Congo, supported by a program called Succeeding Together . It is structured to help women help each other by ...12 comments 34 Recs
- Typhoon 31W (Haiyan) Warning #26 Issued at 09/1500Z Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda struck the Philippines Friday morning at peak strength. Right now it's headed toward Vietnam, where it will strike in two ...76 comments 277 Recs
- That the prosecution deliberately threw the Zimmerman case. Watching over the course of the trial it was evident that the prosecution was doing the least possible to gain a conviction when compared ...254 comments 226 Recs
- As I pointed out Tuesday—in [The other September 11 is 40 years old. Joyce Horman thanks those who sought justice in Chilehttp://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/09/10/1237826/-The-other-September-11-...241 comments 215 Recs
- The final part of this diary series. In my previous life as a freelance writer, back in the 80's and early 90's, I did a lot of magazine articles on chemical weapons, particularly about the "binary ...8 comments 9 Recs
- In my previous life as a freelance writer, back in the 80's and early 90's, I did a lot of magazine articles on chemical weapons, particularly about the "binary nerve gas" controversy during the ...37 comments 64 Recs
- NSA shares raw intelligence including Americans' data with Israel The National Security Agency routinely shares raw intelligence data with Israel without first sifting it to remove information ...570 comments 247 Recs
- “Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence.” ― Leonardo da Vinci Recently, a diary appeared which characterized the emotional responses of critics of the current Obama Administration'337 comments 190 Recs
- The Dissenter
- Psyche, Science, and Society
- TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
- Media Matters
- Glenn Greenwald
- Mostly About Gitmo
- Lenin's Tomb
- The Huffington Post
- Survivors International
- Darwin Correspondence Project
- Physicians for Human Rights
- Human Rights Watch
- Amnesty International
- American Torture (Mike Otterman)
- Milton's Paradise Lost