Posting History for VerbalMedia
|NY Times also botches policy-cancelation story
I was hoping that The New York Times would do a better job than other news outlets at covering the issue of people losing health insurance coverage. I was mistaken. Today’s paper has a story about ...
|A New Measure of Inequality
In my research into wage trends, I stumbled upon another indication of growing inequality in America. I found a trend toward an increase in the difference between what super-earners are making and ...
|The Affordable Care Act and Jobs
This week it has been impossible to ignore the news about the Supreme Court’s upholding of almost all the provisions of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the so-called Obamacare law. The ACA will ...
|Cuts to Higher Ed Funding: We're Eating Our Seed Corn
The most troubling news article I have seen all week was on the front page of this morning’s New York Times , with the headline “Where the Jobs Are, the Training May Not Be.” The article notes,
|The Triumph of Starve the Beast
Kos's feature today, "The fallacy that tax cuts stimulate economies," made me aware, more ...
|Breaking: Lieberman, Bye Bye!
Joe Lieberman is about to announce that he will not run again for the Senate.
|Job Opportunity: Killing Other People's Jobs
I write about careers and have been very enthusiastic about federal efforts to retrain workers. But today I learned that you actually can get federal aid to train for a job as an outsourcing ...
|What I Couldn't Say on My Work-Related Blog
I write books about careers and have a non-Kos blog where I write about career-related issues. Because I wrote a book about green careers that's going to come out soon, I started to write a blog ...
|No, Mr. Biden, Bush Did Not "Honor the Troops"
On "The Colbert Report" on Wednesday night, Colbert was ...
|Obama is Deporting MORE Undocumented Aliens Than Bush
Just like the deficit, undocumented aliens didn't seem to scare the Right while Bush and the GOP were in power. Now that Obama and the Democrats are in power, these issues suddenly have become ...
|Univ. of Arizona Stands Up (Again!)
You may have heard that Arizona's state Department of Education has ordered school districts to remove teachers whose English is "heavily accented or ungrammatical" from classes for students still ...
|Impact at Univ. of Arizona
My daughter is a teaching assistant at the University of Arizona. Today, the president of the university, Robert N. Shelton, sent a memo to all employees about how the university is affected by the ...
|How Do I Rebut This GOP Talking Point?
In messages about health-care reform (that is, against it!), some right-wing correspondents of mine claim that Medicare and Medicaid deny more claims than private insurers do. I want to know how to ...
|The Ayn Rand myth
The recent simultaneous publication of two biographies of Ayn Rand has made me think about my own youthful adherence to her “philosophy.” It especially has prompted me to point out how, ...
|Ahmadinejad has no Jewish roots (update)
According to the British paper The Daily Telegraph, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad comes from a Jewish family that converted to Islam after he was born. Update: However,
|Stimulus: Rebutting the "No Metrics" Canard
(This is cross-posted from my Career Laboratory blog on FastCompany.com.) Even though the stimulus has been in effect for several months, economists have few tools for gauging its ...
|My 90 Minutes on Fox News
A couple of weeks ago I was a guest on Fox News's "Strategy Room," a 90-minute bull session that streams on the Web each morning from 10:30 to noon. I'd never watched the show, but I expected it to ...
|Political Laughs for Purim
Tonight begins the Jewish holiday of Purim, the merriest holiday of the year. Satire is encouraged, so I put together this retelling of the Purim story in the form of 4 videos. George W. Bush, Dick ...
|Dear Right Winger (a rant)
I've asked you several times to take me off your e-mail distribution list, but you still subject me to your forwarded messages with wacko right-wing talking points. A long time ago I stopped sending ...
|open letter to my HMO
The other day I received a letter from my HMO, informing me that they may have disclosed my Social Security number. Here's my open letter to those bozos. (More.)
|Bill Kristol to op-ed for Times
Believe it or not, the New York Times just announced that William Kristol will now be a regular op-ed writer for the paper. More after the jump.
|Hanukkah Greetings (with musical video)
My alter ego, Billy Ray Sheet , created the video you can see when you make the jump.
|Markos featured in new textbook!
A new high school textbook about American government features a profile of our founder, Markos Moulitsas. I guess that's an indication of how mainstream DailyKos is getting. More after the jump.
|What happened to "peace"?
The Iraq occupation often gets compared to the Vietnam War, but I recently noticed one major difference. In all that’s been written and said about the growing popular sentiment against the ...
|Attention, Jewish Kossacks!||VerbalMedia||09/21/2006||13||16||1||7|
|Homeland Security spends big $$ on dogs||VerbalMedia||10/02/2005||3||2||-||-|
|"Return of the Fallen" Photos now Available||VerbalMedia||08/05/2005||2||6||-||-|
|KBR Feeds Troops Garbage: Transcript Available||VerbalMedia||06/30/2005||1||4||-||26|
|Hunt animals by remote control||VerbalMedia||05/26/2005||4||1||-||-|
|Alienating America's Muslims||VerbalMedia||03/25/2005||13||3||-||-|
|Torture on Fox's "24"--Art Imitates Life||VerbalMedia||03/01/2005||16||3||-||-|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by VerbalMedia
- You didn't seriously think the longest serving Supreme Court Justice in the entire United States of America and in all of Wisconsin History was going to just roll over and give up did you? In 2009,133 comments 306 Recs
- 195 comments 452 Recs
- This morning, my husband mentioned that he'd heard a discussion that included some conjecture on the possibility that Netanyahu's diatribe against a nuclear nonproliferation deal with Iran might ...683 comments 871 Recs
- One week ago, BeninSC posted a diary noting that the Republicans are "a party of Orwellian deception" and urging us to ...shine the biggest light on the superiority of Democratic morality. Of doing ...255 comments 735 Recs
- Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. The fact that Dolly Parton has become such a beloved entertainer across so wide a spectrum of American audiences is a unique story. She is one of ...318 comments 369 Recs
- Some delicious Schadenfreude for this morning. I love Senator Cruz's face. Just priceless. Sorry for the delay in editing this diary. The clip of Palin is from the government shutdown. I ...124 comments 174 Recs
- In an interview with Rolling Stone Magazine , Jon Stewart made the following comment: "Sean Hannity's probably the most loathsome dude at Fox News. Everything is presented in as devious a manner ...289 comments 445 Recs
- There is right now on the Rec List a diary titled: There used to be a leftist Tea Party. They were called Kossacks. Remember them? Whatever the merits of the substance of the diary, titles matter.305 comments 292 Recs
- It is time to shine a light on the strategies used by Democrats, and on the Democratic infrastructure that uses those strategies.402 comments 555 Recs
- CNBC's Squick Box scored an interview with Martin Shanahan the other day. Things went pretty well as long as they stuck to the subject of golf. But then, the conversation got a bit tougher. The ...263 comments 406 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.