Posting History for W Lane Startin
|DFC to Obama: Appoint Richardson to State
Just a quick newsy thing today. The Democratic Freedom Caucus, a group of classical liberal (or libertarian-leaning, if you will) Democrats issued a statement today urging the appointment of New ...
|W Lane Startin||11/18/2008||8||3||1||39|
|Some belated thank yous
Tonight I want to send out some thank yous for the wonderful cycle we had, both nationally and here in Idaho. This was a profoundly important election here. We made ...
|W Lane Startin||11/10/2008||3||2||-||21|
|ID-01: Sali FINALLY concedes (UPDATED)
Even though Bill Sali is a soon-to-be-ex Congressman, and even though top Idaho Republicans like Gov. Butch Otter and Sen. Mike Crapo have sent their congratulations to Rep.-elect Walt Minnick, Sali ...
|W Lane Startin||11/06/2008||26||9||-||23|
|Idaho results, ID-01 MINNICK LEADS SALI BY 4,500+, 98% REPORTING (Update 7x)
ID-Pres: McCain called the winner early. Obama scores county wins in Blaine and Teton, leads in wins Latah, exactly tied down in Bonner. Ada is close with ...
|W Lane Startin||11/05/2008||2||3||-||31|
|To hell with the consequences, I'm voting tomorrow
Just how important is this election? Well, as far as I'm concerned it's important enough to put my life on hold for a few more hours. If anyone has an excuse to skip voting tomorrow, it would be ...
|W Lane Startin||11/03/2008||5||11||-||3|
|CNN moves Iowa to "Safe Obama", Montana to "Tossup"
So much for all that campaigning, John. Iowa, a state won by George W. Bush in 2004, has been moved by CNN to "Safe Obama." This is particuarly significant considering CNN has continually shown ...
|W Lane Startin||11/02/2008||48||19||1||6|
|McCain to gut his GOTV in favor of (yawn) more ads
It should come as a shock to absolutely no one that John McCain's campaign has been, well, inadequate. After all he won the Republican nomination not because of any sort of superior organization or ...
|W Lane Startin||10/31/2008||42||11||-||1|
|ID-02: We're still out here
As I've diaried before, I'm the treasurer for Debbie Holmes' Congressional campaign here in ID-02. We've often felt that we're the "ignored" race in Idaho. Walt Minnick and Larry LaRocco both get a ...
|W Lane Startin||10/29/2008||7||8||-||23|
|Obama for America: defenders of capitalism
John McCain, Sarah Palin and their supporters like to point out how much of a "socialist" Barack Obama is. How un-American! How evil! Yeah, well, what kind of socialist turns down free government ...
|W Lane Startin||10/24/2008||14||-||1||-|
|Poll: Obama pulls ahead in Montana, Ron Paul may be a spoiler
You read that right, as reported by 538 a new poll in Montana has Obama up four points. The Big Sky is in ...
|W Lane Startin||10/24/2008||46||17||-||25|
|ID-Sen: Why is Jim Risch going negative?
Jim Risch is sure acting funny for someone who supposedly has a double-digit lead over a Democrat who he's beaten twice before in one of the reddest states in the country. ...
|W Lane Startin||10/13/2008||15||7||-||24|
|Conservatives to McCain: You suck!
I'm really beginning to wonder if John McCain is trying to lose on purpose. Not only are moderate ...
|W Lane Startin||10/11/2008||5||6||-||1|
|Tips on contributions from a real live Congressional campaign treasurer
I'm the campaign treasurer for Debbie Holmes , who's the Democratic nominee in the Idaho 2nd Congressional District. Like all other campaigns, we'...
|W Lane Startin||10/09/2008||4||4||-||22|
|A few reasons why this is not a repeat of 1988 w/ poll
OK, so there are some similarities to 2008. The Olympics were held in Asia. The winner of the presidential election will succeed a two-term Republican incumbent. The Keating Five was in the news. ...
|W Lane Startin||10/06/2008||59||10||1||7|
|ID-02: Debbie Holmes for Congress Announces Quarterly Figures
It's FEC report time. The Committee to Elect Debbie Holmes is proud to announce its October quarterly numbers . For the ...
|W Lane Startin||10/04/2008||1||4||-||5|
|Kos Diary Lite: 10 "Tastes Great, Less Filling" Observations
Some days the muse strikes. Other days I'm grazed and left with little more than a potpourri of tidbits and occasional snark. Today is an example of the latter. More below the fold:
|W Lane Startin||09/30/2008||3||4||-||1|
|Jumping the canyon in Twin Falls, Idaho
My hometown of Twin Falls, Idaho, is probably most famous because of its association with Evel Knievel. In 1974 from a site about two miles from where I wrote this, Knievel attempted to jump the ...
|W Lane Startin||09/29/2008||13||11||-||12|
|There's a silver lining in Idaho, seriously
Today I'd like to direct your attention to a state no one thinks we'll win: Idaho. Indeed, with the possible exception of Utah and Wyoming, Idaho is arguably McCain's safest. The polls tell us as ...
|W Lane Startin||09/27/2008||20||33||-||42|
|The Case for Libertarian Democrats
Regardless of what you call us, libertarians, classical liberals, pro-choice-on-everything types, etc., libertarians have spent quite a bit of time drifting in the political ether. We're ...
|W Lane Startin||09/09/2008||61||24||3||199|
|Will Ron Paul hand Montana to Obama?
For those of you who don't follow minor American political parties, you're to be commended for your general sense of sanity. However, you may have missed something of great potential significance ...
|W Lane Startin||09/08/2008||51||12||1||41|
|ID-02: A "three-minute stump speech"
Debbie Holmes, working mother and candidate for Congress in the Idaho 2nd Congressional District, recently released her "three-minute stump speech."
|W Lane Startin||04/02/2008||2||1||-||34|
|ID-02: Debbie Holmes on the issues
BOISE, Idaho - Debbie Holmes, a Democratic candidate for United States House of Representatives in the Idaho 2nd Congressional District, issued the following position stances today.
|W Lane Startin||03/24/2008||3||2||-||5|
|ID-02: A short blog on a welcome entry (w/ poll)
Despite having a high-profile primary in the Idaho 1st Congressional District between 2006 nominee Larry Grant and 1996 US Senate nominee Walt Minnick (the winner to take on Bill Sali in November), ...
|W Lane Startin||03/18/2008||3||3||-||-|
|ID-Gov: Answering the call for more and better Democrats
Fellow Kossacks: My name is Lane Startin. I am a Democrat from Twin Falls, Idaho, and I'm considering a run for governor of this great state in 2010 . I ...
|W Lane Startin||02/29/2008||11||10||-||112|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by W Lane Startin
- In response to the incredible spontaneous occurrence on the rec list today... I imagine a lot of you have already ...130 comments 257 Recs
- More often than we can bear, we see diaries such as this one where Kossacks are suffering. When we see these, we tend to ...67 comments 383 Recs
- Soul Power is taking nominations for the Soul Cabinet...up first, nominee for Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security:13 comments 3 Recs
- No, I have no jokes for you today. I'm writing this because I'm not at work. Normally, into my third or fourth cup of coffee I'd be at my mid-morning peak productivity. However, three days ago I was ...62 comments 19 Recs
- The Daily Kos Roll Call. A tradition since well, the beginning of time, which of course occurred on May 26, 2002. ...4622 comments 1707 Recs
- FIRST, JUST FORGET all the problems that the $700,000,000,000 Wall Street bailout has had before it's even in place: AIG's $400,000 spa retreat, the bonuses to be paid out of bailout money,99 comments 39 Recs
- Looking for signs that our new president has "got this"? Marc Ambinder reports that, after only one week since Election Day, observors ...31 comments 28 Recs
- I just came across this beautiful e-mail written by Barack Obama's half sister, Maya Soetoro-Ng, and thought it encapsulated so many wonderful things about this exceptional family. It has been one ...112 comments 492 Recs
- This has been a good election for map lovers. The New York Times has a great set of graphics that shows not only results ...45 comments 35 Recs
- I did not intend to turn "Their reality has lapped our satire" into a series. Honest, I didn't. But what can I do? They just keep getting farther and farther out there. The first such diary ...427 comments 643 Recs
W Lane Startin's Tags
- No current results.