Below you'll find recent contributions related to Warren Swil's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Walmart's latest raises show just how low its pay is
|States stand to lose big in Obamacare case, but the majority of people in them don't know that
Texas stands to lose $205,586,498 in tax credits to ...
|Open thread for night owls: UN experts warn of threats from secret 'trade' deals
RNs protest fast-track legislation in Sacramento, California in March 2015. At Common Dreams, Sarah Lazare ...
|McConnell loses big on NSA amendments, USA Freedom Act goes to the president
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell was an asshole starting the series of votes in the Senate in what was to become his NSA surveillance reform debacle.
|A few maps show Americans' views on climate change confused. But they like renewable energy
The map shows Americans are strong backers of renewable energy. David Roberts at ...
|Megyn Kelly lays the groundwork for going soft on Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar
Try to control your shock: Flinty though she may be, Fox News' Megyn Kelly is not going to give Jim Bob and ...
|Midday open thread: NTSB releases Amtrak report; flowers in the potholes protests; 0.01% taxpayers
Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is Facetime fools :
|Boss telling woman that 'babies need their mamas' is not discrimination, jury says
What the ever-loving hell does a company or specific boss have to do to a woman to lose a pregnancy discrimination case? A federal ...
|Jeb Bush thinks retirement age is 65, and wants you to work until you're 70
If you missed Face the Nation on Sunday, you missed Jeb ...
|Guantánamo Bay prisoner: CIA used sexual abuse and other torture not included in Senate report
Majid Khan has been in U.S. custody since 2003. His name is Majid Khan. Born in Pakistan, he is a legal resident of the United States, having lived in Maryland and graduated from a Baltimore ...
|States find few options to deal with potential Supreme Court Obamacare decision
The Wall Street ...
|Judge upholds labor board rule bringing union representation elections into the 21st century
Here's something new: a court upholding a policy that business lobby groups say is unfairly pro-worker. The first of two legal challenges to the National Labor Relations Board's rule modernizing ...
|Corrosion, rust, and holes inside busy Washington D.C. bridge
Knowing that two lanes of a major bridge in the nation's capital had to be closed for emergency repairs is scary enough. ...
|Sure, House Republicans have a secret plan for saving Obamacare subsidies
Don't be hasty, House ...
|Republicans hoping to get more than six percent of the black vote in 2016
With President Obama not on the ballot in 2016, Republicans are hoping that their candidate will be able to draw a little more of ...
|Reporters anonymously complain that Clinton campaign offers too many anonymous quotes
A group of reporters met Monday ...
|Elizabeth Warren isn't running, but Democratic voters still have choices
Fabulous, but still not running for president. Now is the time to talk about the Democratic presidential primary as it is, without all the what ifs. Well, it's been that time for a while, but ...
|Surveillance bill in Senate tests Mitch McConnell's leadership
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, ...
|Open thread for night owls. Anthony Russo: a whistleblower on torture who should not be forgotten
When the news first came out that the United States had tortured suspected terrorists, there were three responses: Some Americans said, good, they deserved it; some were shocked and appalled; some ...
|On dark money and Supreme Court litmus tests
Clean campaign warrior Bernie Sanders.
|Health insurers not happy with new Medicaid managed care rules
The Obama administration released new rules last week of Medicaid managed care programs, the first rules update in over a decade. The rules apply to the private insurers who primarily manage long-...
|Fox News just can't stop calling Caitlyn Jenner 'he'
"Call me Caitlyn," the upcoming cover of Vanity Fair says, over a picture of the woman who became famous as Olympic champion Bruce Jenner and had more recently been prominent on reality television ...
|McConnell blocks Rand Paul amendments to NSA reform bill
We'll see how this works out for him. ...
|Midday open thread: Dissing Charles Darwin; celebrating Jeff Davis; trying BP executive
Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Privacy talk :
|Scott Walker not looking for rape or incest exemptions in Wisconsin 20-week abortion ban
Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) Last fall, as he campaigned for re-election as governor of ...
|Republicans learn, again, that legislating is hard
A Mensa meeting it's not. ...
|Judge in Dennis Hastert case contributed to Hastert for Congress
Dennis Hastert Things ...
|Meet 'Dem' John Delaney, bidding to be the next Joe Lieberman
Rep. John Delaney (D-Doofus) Holy crap this guy is a doofus.
|Texas business community at war with legislature over Medicaid expansion
There's an outside chance at real political change in Texas soon, not at the hands of the growing Latino population there. It could come from a much more powerful, and deep-pocketed source: ...
|Jeb Bush on his brother's successes and mistakes: 'He kept us safe'
Jeb Bush Man, Jeb Bush is taking all the popular positions. In an ...
Recommended by Warren Swil
- By now, anti-food stamp crusader Rep. Stephen Fincher is notorious for raking in millions in farm subsidies while misquoting the Bible in favor ...58 comments 64 Recs
- Within hours of releasing a video mocking President Obama for negotiating over Syria with Vladimir Putin but refusing to ...49 comments 22 Recs
- The UK Independent has published secret material of the kind that could, perhaps, endanger lives and, in any case, apparently represents an irresponsible use of classified material. The Independent ...65 comments 30 Recs
- It's a happy day in Minnesota and Rhode Island, where marriage equality laws passed in May go into effect. In ...69 comments 39 Recs
- There are certainly much worse choices than Larry Summers to replace Ben Bernanke as chairman of the Federal Reserve's board of governors. Alan Greenspan comes to mind. Or Jamie Dimon. But given ...192 comments 135 Recs
- ADP's count of new private-sector jobs It's that time of the month again. Come Friday, the Bureau of Labor Statistics will announce its seasonally adjusted count of jobs added to the U.S. economy ...51 comments 25 Recs
- "Boehner? Guy doesn't know what he's talking about."18 comments 20 Recs
- When I learned last winter that I would have a seat on the Senate Banking Committee, I was very happy because I knew it would give me the opportunity to ask tough questions and push for some ...224 comments 886 Recs
Warren Swil's Tags
- No current results.