Posting History for WestTexasLiberal
|Where's the Fire? On Ebay
This is a short review of the Kindle Fire. The following are strictly my own impressions. It's CRAP. In my humble opinion. I am very much NOT an Apple person, but an IPad killer? Dream on, Amazon.
|O death - updated
I sit here in the hospital watching her take her last breaths. Hoping for just one more, just one more. The smile everyone knew her by is already gone forever. She'll be gone within hours. One ...
|The nightmare returns
A couple of weeks ago I posted a diary about the good work of the Ronald McDonald house and how they helped our family during our son's losing battle with cancer. I didn't know it, but a new ...
|Seize this, buddy
So Der Kops are confiscating video cameras now. When they think someone's watching them, or at the behest of any Republican goon who doesn't want cameras in the room. I have a solution. I'm not ...
|Ronald McDonald and his house
I was at Mickey D's this morning to grab an apple pie, and as I always do I stuck my change in the little donation box for Ronald McDonald House. As I turned around to leave I caught a smirk on the ...
|Tea Party made up of "freaked out white men"
This will be pretty short, but I didn't see anyone else diary it, so... Tea Party members are primarily “ freaked out white men ” who ...
Since I'm probably one of the few people here who knows a bit about experimental drones I thought I'd post a short diary on the subject. Most people don't know much about drones and don't want to. ...
|Don't yell at me
This will be short and sweet... If you are one of the folks who like to write diaries to influence people, there's a very basic rule to learn. Yelling at people, demeaning them, scolding them, ...
|Amazing scientific breakthrough
Scientists in Burbank, California verified the achievement of a major milestone on Wednesday: A full- HDMI television display etched into the surface of a one-micron-square chip of silicon. "This ...
Over three years ago, George Bush gave us all a check to make us forget about how bad things were getting and how much gas prices were rising. Remember? I used mine to buy an electric scooter. I'm ...
|RKAB: The Right to Keep Armed Bears
UPDATE: Since beginning this diary a minute or so ago, RKAB has split into three sub-groups, none of which is officially authorized by RKAB and none of which will be invited to the annual RKAB ...
|My amazing new phone
I just got this great new phone and I had to share it with you! It's the very latest thing in dis-integration. The features list is beautifully thin. NO email! Nearly no web browsing! No Facebook ...
|Don't trust me
Just an attention getting opener... you can trust me. Implicitly. Send me all your pin numbers now. Groucho Marx said, "I refuse to join any club that would accept me as a member". That's how I ...
|He typed, she typed
I see people missing a fairly obvious point when it comes to pie fights and people writing diaries that "offend" someone. It happens over and over. I'm not even going to say what diary prompted me ...
|Why do you care what I don't believe?
(Disclaimer - this isn't a "meta" diary about DKos piefights. Don't anyone take it personally, please.) Rant alert. I'm normally pretty live-and-let-live about my religious brothers and sisters (...
Believe me, I understand. I grew up in Oklahoma. I used to tell people, when you grow up in Oklahoma, you either grow up a redneck... or there's no chance in Hell you'll EVER be a redneck. I am the ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by WestTexasLiberal
- ...I don't have to tell you that because you're progressives and you already understand.133 comments 372 Recs
- In last night's final New Rule, Bill Maher had a two-pronged message, first noting how Rick Santorum is a joke candidate, but then noting that Americans have far too often gone ahead and elected ...355 comments 480 Recs
- Just a quick update on things. Last week, I was in a ridiculously bad way financially, with no obvious way out. Behind on all my bills -- phone, power, auto insurance, home insurance, hadn't paid ...11 comments 44 Recs
- Recently one of my so-called online "friends," whom I have never met in the flesh but "know" through blogging, pasted another snarky comment on something I wrote. There was something so familiar ...8 comments 5 Recs
- You know what would be really hilarious? If instead of working to subvert the electoral activities of the Republican party, progressives were able to subvert the public conversation to what it would ...270 comments 104 Recs
- Sign the Daily Kos petition thanking NPR for rejecting false balance in its reportage. For years, NPR committed itself to a brand of journalism that often focused not on telling the truth, but ...358 comments 793 Recs
- I came across this bit of Native American wisdom that I think best encapsulates, in just a few words, why Operation Hilarity is such a bad idea: A Native American wisdom story tells of an old ...18 comments 13 Recs
- Hi there. For those of you who don't know me, my name's Tom Smith, and I've been a Kossack since Nov. 2003. I'm an indie musician (mostly comedy, mostly folk-rock). Over twenty albums since 1991; ...165 comments 230 Recs
- Kos' commentary today: [Obama Super PAC starts its own Operation Hilarity http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/02/22/1067267/-Obama-Super-PAC-starts-its-own-Operation-Hilarity] [ ... ] Of course, I ...365 comments 341 Recs
- First - and quickly - the pissy rant part... From this morning's, front page, Operation Democratic Rush Limbaugh diary... Seriously, I want fighters, not pearl clutchers. This site is made up of ...438 comments 555 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.