Posting History for Wisdumb
|Why we really lost in 2014
I've read a half dozen diaries on why we lost big in the 2014 elections. They focus on two things: message and the quality of the candidates. Both of these are very important. But there is a bigger ...
I know that we have very little to gloat about this election which is why it is even more important that we take an opportunity to gloat about the victories that we did have yesterday. I live in FL-...
|Help elect, Warren, Sanders, Clinton
Do you want Elizabeth Warren to be president of the United States? Maybe Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton?
|Conservitive twist on Crist
I live in north Florida in one of the bluest counties in the state, Gadsden. In the last week I've received a couple of strange campagain call from a group calling itself "Conservatives". The robo ...
|Mandatory Minimums and a play
Splintered Judgement I just wanted to invite anyone in north Florida, south Georgia or south Alabama to a play. It's called Splintered Judgement. The logline: A defendant is found guilty of a ...
|The debt - a eureka moment
I didn't fully understand why the national debt was completely irrelevant until I listened to Harry Shearer's October 28, 2012 podcast ( transcript ). He interviews Dr. Stephanie Kelton, who is an ...
|The zombie apocalypse and the 2012 election
We have all heard the "who would you like to sit down and have a beer with?" question for deciding who to vote for for president. I've found a better question when dealing with the 18 - 45 year old ...
|A request to the Kos gods - re: Mars
Dear Central Committee of the Orange Order, Many of us will be following the landing of the Mars Science Laboratory in the wee hours of Monday, August 6. I think that it would be grand if you could ...
|Missing the point of the tragedy
I woke up in the middle of the night with the need to write this diary. I read some of the anti-gun diaries yesterday and the responses and all I could think about was how we were getting it wrong. ...
|Open letter to Catholic Women
I know that this letter will sound snarky, and I know that I will get lots of "what the hell do you know" comments, but honestly the question I pose is sincere. I'm prepared to be flamed for ...
|A bit about me
Since I got invited to join Phazebook Progressive Social Networking Group and I accepted the invitation, I feel I should follow through and post a diary about myself. Especially since I think that ...
|Why I did it - Lifetime Subscription
I know that a lot of the DK community can't afford to subscribe, and I wish that I could give out some free subscriptions. My wife and I are doing okay, but not great (from our rung on the ladder we ...
|Before the storm
Before the storm, before the sad pictures of people in the rubble that was their homes, before the cries of "we will rebuild" let me say that you are a fool to build a permanent home or business on ...
|Why so many are frustrated
I think the reason so many people are frustrated with the Democratic party is two fold. One, we have a party which is a coalition of different groups and secondly the way the party functions tends ...
|Tallahassee D. Reporting Crist to run for Senate
The Tallahassee Democrat, Florida Capital News etc. is reporting that Charlie Crist will announce tomorrow that he is running for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Mel Martinez. This is good and ...
|Barack Obama is stupid
He was dumb to think that a man with a black African father could be elected president of the USA. He was stupid to believe that in a post 9/11 world a man with the middle name of Hussein could ...
|Thank You Daily Kos!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank You! I was one of those folks who wasn't sure about President-elect Obama. I voted for him in the Florida primary, but it was a last minute decision. I was swayed by much ...
|No on 2!
I wanted to highlight the battle against Amendment 2 (the ban gay marriage amendment), but when I did a search I found and read hungrycoyote's diary and realized that he had said everything - better ...
|Talk to everyone, then do it again.
My mother is 78 years old. She doesn't follow politics - at all. She is very hard of hearing. Usually, she asks my advice on who to vote for. We talk things over, and she pretty much votes the way ...
|Breaking: Moose vote - w/poll
Several Moose herds in rural Alaska have received fraudulent voter registration forms. McCain's campaign is denying any part in the mailout. And while national polls show that the addition of Palin ...
|Got my button
My wife and I got two of our Obama buttons in the mail today - our t-shirts, bumper stickers and other buttons are on back-order (our local Obama offices have only had "Asian-Pacific for Obama ...
|One evening in the future...
A fathers sits with his daughter while she does her homework. Daugther: Daddy, who was Sarah Palin? Father: She ran for vice president a long time ago. Daughter: Was she like President Hillary? ...
|This is what I'm talkin' about
fighting smart. The SoS project is doing the behind the scenes work to make sure that all of our foot work and phone calls amount to a victory and not a recount. God bless 'em. On ...
|I see ostrich people
I've been reading DKos for several years and just started contributing a couple of weeks ago - so I probably haven't earned a rant diary yet. But the "chicken little diary" pissed me off. Yes some ...
We need to get organized on how to fight the Bush/McCain/Palin ticket. Let's learn from the Repubs. They have already managed to brand her as a "reformer" and a "maverick". We need to be ...
|John McCutcheon plus
My wife and I are going to have the honor of hearing John McCutcheon for the forth time this coming Sunday in Tallahassee. For anyone who doesn't know John's ...
|5th of November
What I've being seeing in national politics for the last three years; what I've been reading on the Daily Kos; and what I heard in Obama's acceptance speech is that we must have a party that is ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Wisdumb
- Anyway, this is the polite version of the face I made when reading this article.180 comments 85 Recs
- The corporate media would like you to think Bernie Sanders can't win the Democratic primary against Hillary Clinton. And they're doing their damnedest to make their own preference into a self-...256 comments 271 Recs
- It was late 2012, on a week day, about 5:00am. I’d just sent my husband out the door with his lunch and was brewing myself a cup of tea to enjoy in front of the odious "Morning Joe," when he ...59 comments 213 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- I haven't been blogging for a bit. I've been busy reading and researching. But given the discussions of late, I thought I would share a bit of truth about ourselves that needs to be exposed and ...317 comments 434 Recs
- (image credit: theleetgeeks) From Talking Points Memo : Gawker writer J.K. Trotter published a report on Monday that alleged Fox News host Bill O'...123 comments 182 Recs
- I had to chuckle when some of the current Republican candidates were asked who was the greatest living president and they avoided the answer by talking about how great Reagan was as president. I ...98 comments 94 Recs
- Good news is hard to come by in Wisconsin these days so when there is some, I want to share the happiness. What can be more fabulous than Russ Feingold announcing he's going to take his Senate seat ...108 comments 182 Recs
- This is indecent? This week a Pablo Picasso painting went up for auction and broke an incredible ...178 comments 174 Recs
- Nope. Not O.K. A celebration turned to frustration and anger over the weekend as Nancy Gordeuck, a principal at TNT Academy in Georgia, made outrageous comments to the audience during the ...182 comments 132 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.