Below you'll find recent contributions related to Witgren's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Top Comments - Investments in Self
|Top Comments: Role Model Edition
In the midst of 24/7 exposure on social media to the horrific mess that is admitted child molester Josh Duggar and his felony coverup parents, I read a variety of tweets under the hashtag #...
|Sea Star Loss is Mussels Gain
Note that the video above was shot on May 8, 2015, set to Debussy's Clair de Lune, by the YouTube user NorthOlbo who makes wonderful pieces about the British Columbian coast. Check him out. The ...
|UPDATED: PERSONAL: Here's why I reacted so strongly to the "Attorney Chad" incident.
About a week ago, I posted an off-topic entry called "Attorney Chad" is about to have a really bad weekend. It appears that after the tragic Amtrak derailment a couple of weeks ago, a Philadelphia-...
|Top Comments: the Week that Was in Ireland edition
A look at the big story coming out of the Emerald Isle ... and one not so well-known (yet still historic, as well), after the jump .....
|Top comments: Placeholder edition
Um, so apparently no one was scheduled for tonight. Consider this an open thread while your TC team throws the rest together.
|Tara the Antisocial Social Worker||05/22/2015||101|
|A Week in the Life of ACA Signups
I've been sending out these weekly digests to my mailing list for months now, but figured some here might be interested in it as well (and most of the compilation work is already done so what the ...
|Top Comments: Who's Running This Country?
Good evening, TC peeps! I've been away from TC for so long that most of you are probably saying, "virgowho?" ...
|10% of the U.S. population is now enrolled in ACA-enabled healthcare coverage.
Cross-posted at ACASignups....
|Top Comments: Tragic Death in PNW and a Bitter Mourning.||bastrop||05/20/2015||37|
|Top Comments: Verizon Edition
We had another telephone outage starting yesterday afternoon, which, of course, meant we had an internet outage as well. We've been having more frequent problems with our land line for about a ...
|UPDATE: WELL I'LL BE DAMNED: Luis Lang quits GOP, calls for Single Payer.
Wow. All I can say is...good for him, seriously: Lifelong Republican Turns On His Party, Embraces Obamacare Luis Lang, who is currently crowdfunding for medical expenses that he can’t afford ...
|BOOM: Guess what just *officially* hit 12.0 million?
This Just In... After all the fuss and bother made over the #ACATaxTime Special Enrollment Period by myself and others, the final number of QHP selections was announced in the most understated way ...
|DON'T PANIC! Four questions to ask when reading a Scary Rate Increase® headline
OK, I admit this is a bit of a tease; the actual story is over at healthinsurance.org (which has exclusive rights to pieces I write specifically for them). However, I felt that the dKos community ...
|Top Comments - The Greatest Little Band You Can No Longer See
A couple of weeks ago we got to see one of our favorite bands play in Spartanburg. The remarkable thing about it, for us, was that the band disbanded in early 2011! So seeing them together again ...
|Top Comments: Early Risers vs. Night Owls Edition
Some of us just like to howl at the moon ...
|Top Comments: Meet Sophie!||Steven Payne||05/16/2015||62|
|Top Comments: A Straight Irish Dad for Marriage Equality Edition
As you may know, Ireland will make an important decision on May 22 (or, should I say, 22 May). Voters will decide on whether or not same-sex couples, who are currently only allowed to enter into ...
|Update x4: "Attorney Chad" is about to have a really bad weekend.
My friend was killed in the @Amtrak crash. Her family received this note. I think we should all give Chad a call... pic.twitter.com/CH59KJw2QK — Rachel Lutz (@racheldaytwa) May 15, ...
|Top Comments: A $150.00 House in gentrified Houston Heights?||bastrop||05/14/2015||53|
|Top Comments: Aunties' Day
The weeks-long barrage of Mother's Day commercials was getting pretty depressing at our house. My wife Packrat lost her mother two years ago, and her absence looms large this time of year. Our ...
|Tara the Antisocial Social Worker||05/13/2015||68|
|FOLLOW-UP: Lingering Questions for Mr. Luis Lang of of Fort Mill, SC (Update: Mostly Answered)
Yesterday I posted a rather scathing entry about Mr. Luis Lang of South Carolina, followed by another one about the hundreds of almost entirely liberal / progressive-leaning donors (including myself)
|UPDATE: Conservatives tapped out from bailing out bigoted pizza joint, so Progressives take up slack
UPDATE: Title updated with appropriate snark. Also, for those who felt my earlier diary was too harsh/lacking in compassion for this guy, while I thought I had explained this in one of the updates, ...
|Top Comments: Hockey Fan Chants Edition
brillig has the night of after working so hard last week. Join me as I go back to my first love: hockey. Attending hockey games is always an interesting experience. Hockey fans are loud, ...
|Impressive Marine Biodiversity in Victoria Harbor: But still work to be done to protect it
The purpose of this short diary is to bring to interested readers a visual accounting of the marine biodiversity present in our working harbor here in Victoria BC Canada. Despite some online claims ...
|UPDATED x4: See man hate ACA. See man refuse to get ACA. See man whine that he can't get ACA.
Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...
Recommended by Witgren
- I imagine you all have seen the current Recommended diary " In Defense of Shaun King ", within which there is much spirited discussion regarding alleged repeated factual errors in a multitude of ...363 comments 203 Recs
- 64 comments 55 Recs
- Over and over, I've read comments on the internet (obviously, my first mistake) that there is no scientific consensus about GMOs, or genetically modified organisms (generally crops or food), and ...286 comments 25 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 288 Recs
- According to Baltimore police, Freddie Gray was “irate” in a transport van after his arrest and they had to restrain him. However, that account is being challenged with the release by The ...8 comments 32 Recs
- Wow. All I can say is...good for him, seriously: Lifelong Republican Turns On His Party, Embraces Obamacare Luis Lang, who is currently crowdfunding for medical expenses that he can’t afford ...282 comments 684 Recs
- (photo courtesy of Greenpeace) Whoopsies. From The Guardian : Royal Dutch Shell has been accused of pursuing a strategy that would lead to potentially catastrophic climate change after an ...220 comments 376 Recs
- Time to get out a hanky for your climate-denying relative— researchers have found and published results confirming the existence of the "tropospheric hotspot," a warming in the ...79 comments 156 Recs
- Pay no attention to our increasingly poor schools. State budget cuts are hitting one south-central Kansas school district so hard that their superintendent is ...67 comments 71 Recs
- Lawrence, KS, which is now affectionately known as Obamaville, KS, apparently continues their efforts to show that a police department can work with a community in a way that isn't so ...10 comments 36 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.