Posting History for Yahzi
|Blame the President!
Because that's what everyone else is doing. I can't believe the number of comments I have seen today on DKOS about how the president failed to lead, the Ds are the same as the Rs, the president is ...
|The worst column ever written
In the constellation of terrible political punditry there are many blazing examples: Cal Thomas, Peggy Noonan, Thomas Friedman, to name just a few. But David Brooks has immortally cemented his ...
|Gun Control in Australia
I owned guns (at least one, usually several) from the age of 14 until I moved to Australia two years ago. As most of you know, Australia is the Holy Land of Gun Control: after the Port Arthur mass ...
|Obama is our Gorbachev
Why do America's Super-Rich Feel Victimized? Evident throughout the letter is a sense of victimization prevalent among so many of America’s wealthiest people. In an extreme version of this, the ...
|A glimpse into the mind of the Right Wing
Warning: it's not pretty. I received a chain email that starts with some pictures of Hiroshima being nuked, follows with some pictures of the vibrant city it is now, and then has some pictures of ...
|Peggy Noonan accidentally mentions the truth
While bitterly complaining about Romney's mismanaged campaign, Peggy Noonan remarks: A campaign is a communal exercise. It isn't about individual entrepreneurs. It's people pitching in together, ...
|Maybe this is what Gibbs meant
Maybe this is what Gibbs meant when he complained about the professional Left:
|Give up on Obama; it's OK
No, really. It's totally OK for you to give up on Obama. It's your right; it's even your moral duty to do so if you think it's necessary. And don't feel guilty about it, either. Obama doesn't even ...
|Tactics Lessons from Alexander the Great
There has been a lot of disappointment with President Obama from the Left. I never really got that; to me it was obvious he was doing the best he could. But lately people have been talking about the ...
|A note to those frustrated with Obama's civility
Some years ago I had to resort to lawyer to right a wrong that had been done to me. The lawyer explained to me that if I expected to win my case in a courtroom, I would have to stop being angry. It ...
| My problem is that Democrats are bending over backwards to promote tolerance and religious freedom.
Another entry in the "Astounding Quotes" file, from the comments section here: http://www.slate.com/id/2264113/pagenum/2 Yes, it is true. Mr. Mason has a problem with Dems supporting the ...
|Doublespeak at its finest
From Jacob Hornberger at Reason magazine: "Notwithstanding slavery and other violations of liberty, our American ancestors brought into existence the freest society in history." So... let'
|Progressives hating Obama - Field Report
I had a discussion with a tree-hugging hippy progressive last night at a dinner party. It was a rare chance to talk to an Obama-hating liberal face-to-face. Amazingly, the experience was almost ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Yahzi
- A while back I wrote a diary about working with cops. The other day during a meeting at the law enforcement center I brought up the topic we have been avoiding for months. The big elephant in the ...93 comments 196 Recs
- This morning it was announced that John Nash, famed mathemtician was killed on the New Jersey turnpike in a tragic car crash that claimed his life and that of his wife. John Forbes Nash Jr., the ...63 comments 257 Recs
- ...but I didn't really, until this last week, because I had never experienced it directly. I am finding the Duggar mess, and the way the media is covering it to be very triggering. I am upset by ...34 comments 110 Recs
- Lately I've been trying to get my head around why, for so long, I've been selling myself on increasingly elaborate conspiracy theories to the point where they no longer resembled anything I could ...16 comments 7 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- 137 comments 86 Recs
- The reasons to be skeptical of Hillary Clinton are legion, from her husband's record in the '90s, to her corporate ties (including being on the board of Walmart), to ...643 comments 171 Recs
- From Media Matters : On April 23, ABC News explained that their independent review of the source material used for Clinton Cash "uncovered errors in the book, including an instance where paid and ...203 comments 174 Recs
- There's a certain amount of wrangling back and forth here at Kos over the prospect of Hillary Clinton as the Democratic nominee for president. I am NOT going to go into the pros and cons of ...307 comments 189 Recs
- Over the past few months, stories about racist police officers could sincerely make one question whether or not it is 1955 instead of 2015. The police captain, a sergeant, and the lead court ...46 comments 74 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.