Posting History for akeitz
|Whining cowboys protest BLM taking away their right to subsidized overgrazing
It was a traffic nightmare for many in Washington, DC this morning as a result of protesters on horses and mule wagons. No really this is NOT The Onion. It really happened without a scintilla of ...
|Sinclair Broadcast wingnuts venerable local DC newscast
It begins with a headline in the running for " Understatement of the Year " Under new ownership, WJLA-TV takes a slight turn to the right Longtime DC residents have grown up watching the power ...
|Facepalm, Wash Post publishes article claiming racism will drive liberal whites to the GOP
I don't know who is worse, professor Ryan D. Enos of Harvard for claiming that demographic changes will drive liberal whites to the GOP out of racism or the editor of The Washington Post's Outlook ...
|Fairfax teen upset by "Beloved" reading assignment, mom cluches pearls while calling for book ban
I live in Northern Virginia, you know the sensible blue state portion of VA, but that didn't stop me from having an ARGH moment as I sipped my coffee and read The Washington Post Thursday morning: ...
|Shanin Specter, son of Arlen reports his father has passed away
AP is reporting that Arlen Spector his passed away according to his son Shanin: Longtime GOP Senate moderate Arlen Specter dies I respect Senator Spector for the lines he would not cross but at the ...
|A Kosack Consumer Lament -- Big Food buys out regional favorite and reformulates to save a buck
Okay I'll be the first to say this issue is not of earth shattering importance, there's far greater issues we are dealing with, I sure hope all the Keystone State voters can vote and all the folks ...
|Gerry Connelly (VA-11) wavering on healthcare, I'm now livid
My heart stopped, my jaw dropped to the floor when I heard on WTOP an hour ago that Gerry Connelly, Democratic (or so I thought!) congressman for Virginia's 11th District was "undecided" on the ...
|I'm overtaxed! Now plow my street ASAP.
As the saying goes, elections have consequences. As I write this diary, I sit safely in my house in Northern Virginia under a blizzard warning. VDOT has pulled the plows off the roads temporarily ...
|If you don't have digital cable you're SOL on the concert!
I'm livid, angry, frustrated. I cannot watch the inauguration concert as it is exclusive to HBO. My cable company Cox will not make HBO available to non-digital subscribers, so unless you have ...
|Help! Fairtax advocate to speak at civic assoc meeting
I'm still doing a slow burn as I read the monthly civic assoc newsletter and noticed that the January Monthly meeting's guest will be a guy who owns a firm called Lantern Wealth Management. The ...
|Three Cheers For My Fellow Nats Fans
I know, I know never blog after finishing off a nice bottle of Chilean Sauvignon Blanc but man, oh man I flipped to catch the Nationals home opener and wow. The boo birds were out and no ESPN didn'...
|Ticking Time Bomb -- Our Crumbling Infrastructure
By now many of you may have seen the bridge collapse in Minneapolis . I'm heartsick over it and scared about the bridges ...
|It's the workers fault for not going on vacation????
I watched NBC Nightly news an hour and half ago and after thinking about it, silently stewing about the story I feel compelled GASP to write a diary about it. In short apparently it's our own damn ...
|Can This City Be Saved? Tysons Corner, VA
If you've read Joel Garreau's book Edge City , you'll be familar with Tysons Corner, VA -- a place that is the polar opposite of good city planning.
|A Thanksgiving Pie Scandal
Say it ain't so Joe! Front page above the fold with a huge color photo in today's edition of The Washington Post. That cutesy country store on Route 7 in western Loudon county that makes those ...
|Trees are Dangerous||akeitz||07/14/2006||8||3||-||8|
|I hate my job! Help me plot my career escape!||akeitz||07/09/2006||51||2||-||16|
|I don't get all this Mark Warner Bashing||akeitz||06/11/2006||106||16||1||6|
|A Feisty Bitch has Passed, Vixen 1993-2006||akeitz||05/09/2006||46||14||1||5|
|I Need a Job -- Tell Me Your Best Job Hunting Stories||akeitz||01/25/2006||18||2||-||3|
|The first Green Pope||akeitz||01/20/2006||1||1||-||3|
|VA Gov: Kelly Timbrook don't call me friend!||akeitz||11/01/2005||15||5||-||32|
|Jerry "Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out" KIlgore||akeitz||10/11/2005||6||9||-||15|
|If a VA governor's debate falls in a forest does anyone hear?||akeitz||10/10/2005||32||6||-||4|
|Inflation and the Price of Gold -- how much Govt interference?||akeitz||08/22/2005||2||2||-||4|
|Walton Beach too cheap to hire lifeguards||akeitz||07/22/2005||9||2||-||1|
|Red Light/Speed Cameras = 'Spy' Camera?||akeitz||06/30/2005||25||-||-||-|
|HOT Lanes -- Commuter/Environmentalist Nightmare||akeitz||06/20/2005||9||2||-||-|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by akeitz
- In the past few years I have witnessesed an exponential increase in the number of teachers begging for money from strangers. These teachers want to spend some money on a pet project, or a class trip,114 comments 163 Recs
- Update: Good lord -- Baltimore is burning! Please let this end. There have been many great diaries today on the tragic rioting in Baltimore following the funeral of Freddie Gray. Tasini's "...351 comments 469 Recs
- Canisters of tear gas litter the streets of Baltimore. Police release an ...48 comments 28 Recs
- After hearing the news about the deal brokered between P5+1 and Iran which will seemingly go a long way toward ...249 comments 214 Recs
- A line from this recommended diary . The full quote: The most common tactic employed by Obama supporters, when deflecting criticism away from the president, is to play the race card. But that ploy ...1103 comments 386 Recs
- U.S. Congresswoman Tammy Duckworth is going to announce a 2016 Senate run on Monday, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. She'll be challenging the incumbent GOP Sen. Mark Kirk. Kirk is seen as ...72 comments 176 Recs
- So, I've been a bit busy the last few days and had little computer access. I've been browsing DK from my phone; mostly just the front page and not very often. Yesterday I saw the diary titled " Whoa.404 comments 218 Recs
- Ok, let me say to begin with, I get it and I don't get it. Such is life. It is paradoxical. I understand that Biden has much to lose in terms of his own dignity and life long earned status in ...351 comments 117 Recs
- The Washington Post has declined precipitously since I was a young man and the late Ben Bradlee was a crusading editor. Now, its pages are besmirched by the likes of Jennifer Rubin, whose Obama ...133 comments 189 Recs
- Unwanted pregnancy is contributing to a new "caste system" in America. Is that about to get worse? When new and better technologies become available only to people who are already ...8 comments 17 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.