Below you'll find recent contributions related to animal mother's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Scientific Method Fails in Florida
The real crime is not testing the range of his jamming device and limiting its effect to his classroom, much like many restaurants, but of course it's against the law, but legal in Ukraine schools,
|Cartoon: Les Beastiables -- Senator Lindsey Giraffe
Les Beastiables ("Les Bez"): Beasties say the darnedest things! Today's Beastiable is Senator Lindsey Giraffe. He is of course a parody of Senator Lindsey Graham, who announced this week that he ...
|Maybe space based weapons really want to destroy Richmond California
Democracy does have some negative policy externalities and perhaps the drought is having a mass effect on some otherwise quite progressive towns at the intersection of oil refineries and a ...
|You can't vote for Sanders
His campaign slogan in the SIT BACK AMERICA campaign. You can't -- Limit corporate and interest-group spending in campaigns. You can't -- Charge companies for carbon emissions. You can't -- ...
|Obama Declares Texas A Disaster: Prelude To Martial Law?
Late Friday, in response to a request from Texas Governor Greg Abbott, President Obama signed an order declaring Texas a disaster area . The action makes federal funds available from the Federal ...
|Norway's "Oil Fund" divests from coal w/poll
The carbon divestment campaign - known also as the "Fossil Free" or "Keep it in the ground" movement - scored a victory this week. Norway's sovereign wealth fund is going to sell off holdings in ...
|This Week in the War on Women, May 24-30, 2015: Climate Change, No Chocolate!?! And Other Calamities
I have recently learned that climate change will be MUCH worse than previously thought: It is already affecting chocolate! That's right, the elixir that gives guys a fighting chance is already 25% ...
|Oakland's Mayor Schaaf hires new Crowd Control Consultant-Pepper Spray Cop
Oakland's Mayor Schaaf is seeking outside expertise to assist with the squashing of dissent, enforcing her protest curfew, and improving her popularity. Pepper Spray Cop brings a wealth of ...
|I Declare June 27th to be Draw Thomas The Tank Engine Day!!
Inspired by these leather-clad patriots and their masterstroke of wit and satire, I was ready to fly to Arizona, go to a mosque, and get my sacrilege on. I had my crayons all set to draw some stick ...
|Republican Debates-American Idol Style
There are over 20 contenders for the Republican party's nomination for POTUS. The problem is how to narrow the field to 10 in such a way that is fair and does not exclude a potentially strong ...
|GOP to argue yet another challenge to one person, one vote
In a startling move, the GOP today announced that they feel the one person one vote rule is invalid. As many know, the Supreme Court this week announced it would hear Evenwel v. Abbott. to decide ...
|You Know, Just Because a Candidate is Beholden to Millionaires, That Doesn't Make it a Problem
Thanks to a political system that includes such gems as Citizens United , individual people are able to donate practically a limitless amount of money in support of virtually any politician, ...
|Hey, does anybody have the number for Microsoft? I lost it.
I had it written on a napkin somewhere, or at least I thought so.
|Weddings For All; getting married should be as easy as having a birthday
Who wants to get married? Let's do it. Our odds of long-haul happiness will be no worse than anyone else's. We all know the claim that half of marriages conclude in divorce. True or not , I like ...
It was an isolated incident, The circumstances rare. An unfortunate occurrence And not a cause for fear. It’s not a case of wrong or right And won’t occur again. What happened that ...
|Oklahoma and Texas Weather Extremes
As you have probably seen, Oklahoma and Texas are suffering with extreme weather with flooding, severe thunderstorms, and tornadoes. The pattern of storms and flooding has been persistent for weeks ...
|An economically feasible way to seal the southern border
Distressed by the all too obvious economic shortcomings of plans to seal the border against Mexicans desperate to be exploited by low wage employers, I took it in hand to make a shallow (very shallow)
Recommended by animal mother
- See that little white smudge next to the larger smudge in the middle of the overpass?54 comments 253 Recs
- Once I was cleaning my apartment when a story came on the radio about a cholera epidemic in the Sierra Madre mountains. While the reporter talked about the poverty, cold and isolation of villages in ...45 comments 217 Recs
- Not sure that this warrants a diary, but I need to say it anyway. I've been a reluctant supporter of Obama ever since the 2008 primaries ended. I loved his speeches and agreed with most of his ...87 comments 281 Recs
- The White House roof remains without solar electric panels despite Administration promises that this would have occurred well before now. While putting a few kilowatts (or even a few tens of ...34 comments 32 Recs
- In a report released today World Wildlife Fund (WWF), reporting at The World Future Energy Summit says it's research shows that not only is 100% renewal energy doable worldwide by 2050 but if ...204 comments 197 Recs
- Who woulda thunk it? After it was announced this morning that anti-gay Pastor Louie Giglio had withdrawn from delivering the benediction at President Obama's inauguration, the usual suspects on the ...166 comments 137 Recs
- Go the final update below for an important update to this story. Click through for a larger version This picture is from a Milford, Delaware playground. Milford is in Southern Delaware in the ...390 comments 591 Recs
- Warning: This is my first diary so please don't be too harsh. English is also not my native language as I'm just a simple Dutch citizen of Arab descent. As a person who has been a fan and ...160 comments 212 Recs
- So the RepubliKlans are turning tail and running home. Their Plan B has aborted any fantasy they had that, somehow, they were gonna win the Fiscal Curb/Austerity Bomb war on the peeps of the USoA. ...463 comments 215 Recs
- I am just trying to understand this, folks. Help me out a little. You are upset. No, strike that. You are steamingly OUTRAGED!! that PBO would DARE propose Chained CPI (even though most non-...49 comments 28 Recs
animal mother's Blogroll
- No current results.