Posting History for antonrobb
|Rick Scott Crawls Back for Govt Intervention
Funny how republicans want less government except for when they need government help. One of the worst Teabagger governors, Florida's odious Rick Scott, is dealing with a port workers' union on the ...
|Sick Of Catholics' Victimhood Pathology
A Catholic woman wrote a LTE in my local newspaper here about an hour upstate from NYC. I just couldn't take it anymore listening to her whine about how Catholics are being persecuted and how they ...
|Luntz Soliciting D's, R's & I's for Focus Groups
Just before the SOTU, I diaried about a solicitation my Mom received from Frank Luntz's group asking her to participate in a dial session focus group in real time for CNN. I told her I wanted to ...
|Luntz Trying to Freep CNN's Real-Time SOTU Poll
For some reason, my leftie mom wound up on an email list for Luntz Research. (I know, ewwww, gross.) Anyway, she forwarded the below email to me. It is clearly being sent to Luntz's list of ...
|Call John Hall (D) NY-19 | He's Wavering on HCR
I received an email from my Congressman in New York's 19th district asking constituents if they thought he should vote for or against the HCR bill. After speaking with a staffer in his office ...
|Join Me to Support PO at NY-19 Town Hall with John Hall
Sorry for this is going to be a short diary. Congressman John Hall will be holding a Health Care Town Hall this week in Goshen Thursday, September 3 7:00–8:30pm Orange ...
|NY Rep John Hall Evasive on Public Option
I have been following my Congressman's website closely and couldn't take the fence-sitting anymore. I called today to get a clear unequivocal answer to a simple question. Will you stand with House ...
|You Can't AFFORD the Truth!
I woke up this morning and turned on Morning Joke as I do every morning because I am a glutton for punishment and although odious, Joe and Mika are better than anything on FauxNewz or Corporate News ...
|Gates and Jobs - An Allegory for Today
What follows is pure conjecture, but conjecture that is steeped in close observation of politics, economics, history and sociology. It came to me in a flash of insight while I pondered how ...
|Tired of Being Made to Censor Myself
Just because something may be difficult to hear, doesn't mean one should be cowed into holding back from discussing it in public. Over the past eight years I developed something of a bad reputation ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by antonrobb
- It’s way past time that someone published such a punishing and honest appraisal/takedown. In Rolling Stone, Jeb Lund wrote a must-read piece called "Go Ahead and Call Bill O'Reilly What He Is: A ...145 comments 400 Recs
- [ This article is by my friend John Lacny , a Pittsburgh-based labor activist. He wrote it at my request for my blog, Fire on the Mountain. Lacny possesses a pitiless eye for the mechanisms of ...113 comments 280 Recs
- A while back, a friend and I were talking and (somehow or other) Dante's Inferno came up in the conversation. I've always had an admiration for Dante, who (exiled from his native Florence for his ...89 comments 25 Recs
- Cross posted from Real Economics . According to an analysis by Pulitzer-Prize winning reporter David Cay Johnston , the Bush tax cuts, rather than resulting in great general ...220 comments 415 Recs
- You don't have to be George Lakoff to understand how misframing a statement with imprecise language can be harmful to your argument. Right now there is a diary on the Rec List that claims the ...165 comments 445 Recs
- A new study backed by NASA warns that, much like the Romans and Mayans before us, our elite power brokers may be driving us towards a cliff as the 1% vacuums up wealth and natural resources :40 comments 100 Recs
- The sky is falling... After the CBO report on Obamacare: "Obamacare is creating a disincentive to work." "A body of rest will stay at rest" "Obamacare will result in cutting 2 million jobs" Ever ...49 comments 150 Recs
- I've been reading some stuff about privilege and privileged attitudes. One of the things that makes me the most angry is when the privileged person says "It's not fair that you say that I have ...280 comments 121 Recs
- Conservative politicians, including Mitt Romney during his presidential campaign, supported legislation mandating drug testing for recipients of federal aid, such as: the unemployed, families in ...9 comments 17 Recs
- In the end, the American Dream did not last very long. The modern version, the version with the two point five kids and the house in the suburbs, a nice modest house with a good lawn and a white ...261 comments 335 Recs
- No current results.