Posting History for arrjay
|With Proceeds from the Exxon Lawsuit, NJ Should Re-Establish Environmental Science Education Program
While it is very upsetting, it doesn't come as much of a surprise that New Jersey Governor Chris Christie's administration settled a decade-long, $8.9 billion pollution lawsuit against Exxon for $...
|A Special Message for the Ladies on Election Day
Hey, ladies. This one goes out to you. More than 94-and-a-half years ago, my grandma, Dotsy, was born in New York City on a chilly January day in 1918. It would be another 2-and-a-half years, until ...
|Mayor Bloomberg and the Opening Bell
Look, I've got no problem with Mayor Bloomberg ringing the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange, and I realize how integral Wall Street is to the identity of New York City (as well as to ...
|A Few Hurricane Sandy Thoughts and Images
Click on the thumbnail image below to be taken to the gallery of full-size images (due to technical challenges, I could not get all the images embedded in this post). First, as a New Jersey ...
|Fun with Charts: Republicans' Rightward Drift
Fun wonkitudinal chartification of the day (original source: is.R() ): The DW-Nominate scores of every single Congress since the founding of our union, charted by party. In short, DW-Nominate (...
|Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Cease and Desist?
As you might recall, the Romney-Ryan campaign has recently taken to using the phrase "Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. (America) Can't Lose!" as its semi-official slogan. As you might also have heard, this ...
|Better Luck in Sochi, NBC
Ok, NBC. You took a lot of crap for your coverage of the 2012 London Summer Olympic Games. Sure, you spent a ton of money producing literally thousands of hours of event coverage. Your primetime ...
|Hope. Change. Believe.
I find it incredibly amusing that the featured t-shirt on the front page of the Mitt Romney online store is simply a map of America with the word "Believe" ("mittromney.com" is in very fine print, ...
|America Doesn't Have Too Many Teachers (It has too few jobs)
In an opinion piece in today's Wall Street Journal, Andrew Coulson declares that " America Has Too Many Teachers ," and he proposes getting rid of lots of them. This is just another terrible idea ...
|The Republican Primary: The Musical
My dad, Robert, who maintains a blog of his near-daily musings called Too Early To Call (because he often writes at an obscenely early hour), and has a passion for writing letters to the editor of ...
|Paul Ryan Hearts Poor People
My first ever DailyKos diary! *** From a Republican National Committee email sent out this afternoon, this is one of the more outrageous quotes from a right-winger I've read recently (and I've ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by arrjay
- When I joined the Commission to Investigate Public Corruption ("the Moreland Commission") as special counsel during the summer of 2013, I knew Albany's history of corruption, and relished the ...25 comments 67 Recs
- Pleased to be here. I thought I’d start out with some thoughts directed at people who consider themselves to be progressive but have given up on politics because it seems rotten to the core. ...227 comments 595 Recs
- What do Jim Thorpe, Muhammad Ali, Ben Johnson, Marion Jones and Lance Armstrong have in common? Each was stripped of a title, some for their own hubris, others by something far different. Exactly ...26 comments 5 Recs
- Update 8:44 PM Apparently the GOP is trying to defend Romney and attack Obama by pointing out actual usage of horses and bayonets by the military. They are trying to change what Obama actually said "266 comments 413 Recs
- By Anat Shenker-Osorio Hardcover, 256 ...136 comments 104 Recs
- Evidently, Willard, the Bain Capital Republican Candidate for the Sankaty High Yield Presidency of the Citibank United States of America, wants to put commercials on Sesame Street to help balance ...9 comments 9 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.