Below you'll find recent contributions related to backell's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Open thread for night owls: UN experts warn of threats from secret 'trade' deals
RNs protest fast-track legislation in Sacramento, California in March 2015. At Common Dreams, Sarah Lazare ...
|Cartoon: Mad Max Fury Road
Support Keef via Patreon!!
|Bye FeLEGEcia: A 2015 Texas Legislative Wrap-Up
Ok everyone sing it with me… Ding Dong The Lege is Dead! Which Ole Lege? The TEXAS Lege! Ding Dong The Texas Lege is DEAD!! Though I guess it’s up to your point of view on just how ...
|Game of Thrones 5.8—'Hardhome'
Winter isn't just coming, people. It's here. In Game of Thrones that doesn't mean Jack Frost nipping at your nose. It doesn't mean friendly snowmen in top hats. It sure doesn't mean picking up a ...
|McConnell loses big on NSA amendments, USA Freedom Act goes to the president
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell was an asshole starting the series of votes in the Senate in what was to become his NSA surveillance reform debacle.
|Ted Cruz: John F. Kennedy 'would be a Republican today'
You make me sad. I sat here for a long time pondering what to say about would-
|A few maps show Americans' views on climate change confused. But they like renewable energy
The map shows Americans are strong backers of renewable energy. David Roberts at ...
|Midday open thread: NTSB releases Amtrak report; flowers in the potholes protests; 0.01% taxpayers
Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is Facetime fools :
|Jeb Bush thinks retirement age is 65, and wants you to work until you're 70
If you missed Face the Nation on Sunday, you missed Jeb ...
|Exploring what it means when police refuse to provide medical attention to their victims
Actions show intent and emotion. When I kiss my kids at night and tell them I love them before they go to bed, it's because how I feel about them emotionally has to be demonstrated to be ...
|In the GOP, moderates need not apply
The percentage of House members who are NOT ideological moderates. New data released last month by Kenneth Poole and Howard Rosenthal shows just how polemic House Republicans have become—the ...
|Guantánamo Bay prisoner: CIA used sexual abuse and other torture not included in Senate report
Majid Khan has been in U.S. custody since 2003. His name is Majid Khan. Born in Pakistan, he is a legal resident of the United States, having lived in Maryland and graduated from a Baltimore ...
|States find few options to deal with potential Supreme Court Obamacare decision
The Wall Street ...
|Mike Huckabee: I wish I 'felt like a woman' in high school so I could 'shower with the girls'
You are a strange, strange man. Republican contender Mike Huckabee has an odd internal belief system. Molesting your ...
|Judge upholds labor board rule bringing union representation elections into the 21st century
Here's something new: a court upholding a policy that business lobby groups say is unfairly pro-worker. The first of two legal challenges to the National Labor Relations Board's rule modernizing ...
|TSA fails to detect airport weapons and explosives in 67 of 70 tests
Oops? While most of ...
|Poll: Bush nosedives, GOP field a 'muddled mess'
"Yo, bro, would you quit following me around?" If there's any chance you hadn't already noticed, Jeb Bush's campaign to restore the family name to good presidential stead has gotten off ...
|Sure, House Republicans have a secret plan for saving Obamacare subsidies
Don't be hasty, House ...
|Republicans hoping to get more than six percent of the black vote in 2016
With President Obama not on the ballot in 2016, Republicans are hoping that their candidate will be able to draw a little more of ...
|KY-Sen: CREDO Action Goes After Rand Paul's (R) Pro-Extinction Bill
Received this e-mail today from CREDO Action: Republicans in Congress have a problem. They ...
|Reporters anonymously complain that Clinton campaign offers too many anonymous quotes
A group of reporters met Monday ...
|Elizabeth Warren isn't running, but Democratic voters still have choices
Fabulous, but still not running for president. Now is the time to talk about the Democratic presidential primary as it is, without all the what ifs. Well, it's been that time for a while, but ...
|Cartoon: Facetime fools
(Click to enlarge) From the AT&T survey mentioned in the comic: When you see the ...
|Surveillance bill in Senate tests Mitch McConnell's leadership
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, ...
|Daily Kos Radio is LIVE at 9 am ET!
Well, we went a little crazy on the Denny Hastert legal hairsplitting yesterday. But that's what we do with the show. I won't lie about that! That leaves us with a lot of catching up to do, and ...
|Cheers and Jeers: Tuesday
From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Happy LGBT Pride Month Golly gee, what might we have to celebrate this year? How about this: last year at this time 19 states issued marriage licenses to same-...
|Bill in Portland Maine||06/02/2015||78|
|Daily Kos Elections Morning Digest: Top Republican recruit skips Colorado Senate race
Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some good news on ...
|Abbreviated pundit roundup: The GOP's failed minority outreach, the economy and more
We begin today's roundup with Dana Milbank at The Washington Post, who examines the GOP's minority outreach strategy: [RNC ...
|How about some good news out of Arizona?
Over the last week, local and national news stories, including a handful of my diaries here, have ...
|Open thread for night owls. Anthony Russo: a whistleblower on torture who should not be forgotten
When the news first came out that the United States had tortured suspected terrorists, there were three responses: Some Americans said, good, they deserved it; some were shocked and appalled; some ...
|What do you like that no one else does, and what do you dislike that everyone else seems to love?
"I'm just a sweet transvestite, from Transsexual, Transylvania." Within film, music, television, etc., there exists the cult classic . It's usually a work that wasn't ...
Recommended by backell
- Man, what a week for Obamacare. A very, very good week. Steve Benen has the list, but since we've ...54 comments 84 Recs
- Earlier this week, I outlined how the Right-wing media will use Goebbels' principles to lie and obfuscate about the basic facts regarding the Las Vegas white ...15 comments 18 Recs
- 2012 the late (and great) Michael Hastings reported in Rolling Stone Magazine that after one of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl's friends was killed in Afghanistan, and after hearing his fellow soldiers talk ...248 comments 388 Recs
- "I know there are people scamming the system -- I've seen them." So said a guy about a year ago who was then renting a room in my house. I tried to tell him that people had previously told me he was ...139 comments 143 Recs
- Rep. Janice Hahn attended the annual non-partisan National Day of Prayer gathering on Capitol Hill yesterday, expecting a unified, peaceful event. But after listening to Dr. James Dobson from ...528 comments 672 Recs
- First, we'll take care of some old business from prior to this week. Often, reports of shooting incidents that qualify for GunFAIL don't come out right away, but turn up a week or so later. ...101 comments 116 Recs
- The federal government estimates in an old survey that as much as 40 percent of gun sales nationwide are between private parties. These require no federal background check. Just released from ...227 comments 118 Recs
- January 30, 2013 ...14 comments 53 Recs
- This morning former Arizona Congresswoman Gabby Giffords and her husband Mark Kelley were among the witnesses at a Senate Judiciary Committee investigating gun violence and gun safety. During Mr. ...211 comments 337 Recs
- If you're a regular reader of Glenn Greenwald's like I am, you may have occasionally come across some rather vicious lies about his character - that he's a right-wing libertarian and that he ...563 comments 279 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.