3949 comments by barath.
Recommended by barath
- This is going to be a short diary because I am working on two books that I have to finish this month. In any case, it is wonderful to read a truly amazing story like this. I love that no one had ...173 comments 388 Recs
- The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable ...302 comments 149 Recs
- Tonight Rachel Maddow led her show with the story of David Miranda's detention at Heathrow yesterday, and gave a wonderful introduction to Laura Poitras. She starts with Poitras, her documentary ...514 comments 503 Recs
- Guardian Editor: Brit NSA Equivalent Destroyed Journalists' Hard Drives in Guardian Basement [updt2]The British government, through its NSA-equivalent GCHQ, within the last couple weeks, went to the headquarters of the Guardian and destroyed journalists' hard drives, purportedly those containing ...928 comments 418 Recs
- Sens. Mark Udall (D-CO) and Ron Wyden (D-OR), ...187 comments 208 Recs
- The chief judge of the secret FISA court, U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton, has admitted in a written statement to The Washington Post that the court cannot properly oversee NSA surveillance. ...418 comments 347 Recs
- I got an email from a very close friend this morning, who said, "This happened in our back yard. What a crock!", and provided a link to the news story. The owners of a small organic farm in ...192 comments 224 Recs
- When President Obama announced his plan for a panel of "outside experts" to conduct an "independent" review of the National Security Agency's domestic surveillance activities, I didn't expect much.851 comments 389 Recs
- I started to write a long reply to Vyan in his nice diary about all the safeguards against NSA abuse. It got too long and I thought it too important to see it buried. It was this part of his diary ...425 comments 270 Recs
- Yup. Hippies. Straight out of the 60's, looking oddly like grandparents these days. Hardcore labor unionists. Harscrabble activists. Street kids. Cal students. Throw in a few of Berkeley's famous ...82 comments 304 Recs
- No current results.