Posting History for barbara318
|Cutting the Limbaugher Cheese
I have just one remark to make about Rush Limbaugh: Rush? Jesus may love you, but many VOTING American CONSUMERS think you're garbage wrapped in skin. I lied; I have a little more to say... On ...
|Do Bras Cause Cancer?
How ironic that one of the only two things I remember from my high school social studies class was this: "Taxation Without Representation is Tyranny." The OTHER thing I remember ...
|Somebody Broke My Country
As prophesied by George Orwell in “1984," history has become malleable; it’s like someone’s installed a gigantic copy of Adobe Photoshop in our collective consciousness so history ...
|We Have Become a Nation of People I Don't Like.
We have become a nation of people I don't like. I'm hardly misanthropic, but I'm getting there, and I get closer every time I watch the news: I don't like liars, cheats, people who pop their gum, ...
|Addiction: A Slippery Slope
My husband has spent the better (actually the worst) part of many years living with a wife who was a ghost (I played the part of the ghost). Luckily for me, he wasn’t afraid to call a junkie ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by barbara318
- The late-setting July sun illuminated the canyon of freshly deserted mills on the avenue. Over-sized factory windows impregnated with senescent layers of dust reflected a copper-tinted hue over ...18 comments 20 Recs
- The Republicans sure have a way with words. Name a recent Republican bill in Congress that actually deals with the problem mentioned in the bill's title, as expressed, or even mentions the title ...1 comments 2 Recs
- So my daughter is in her neighborhood supermarket this morning. She lives on Passyunk Avenue not far from the site of Philadelphia’s old and infamous Tasker projects; in other words, in an area of ...13 comments 21 Recs
- Wingnut Cuckoo Clock ™ (They’re Going fast. Buy one now before they sell us out!) -Description and picture below-3 comments 10 Recs
- I’m sure a lot of Americans were upset at Newt Gingrich for advising the OWS protesters to take baths . Coming from ...13 comments 13 Recs
- Back in 1996 , one of America’s lower-paid healthcare company executives was Allen Wise, a VP at United Healthcare. His annual salary was a ...29 comments 48 Recs
- As the ugly onslaught of hate, derision and indifference continues to be promulgated by the Right, I have begun to wonder, what happened to the glorious commonality born from the great melting pot? ...40 comments 92 Recs
- AKA: Bad Night, Irene A Level Whatever (plus) disaster was moments away and coiled to strike. On any other day, the first clue that trouble was on its way would have seemed ...28 comments 1 Recs
- Forgive me if I’m missing something here, but a few days ago, I watched and listened as Congressional and Senate Democrats (led by Reid, Schumer and the President’s close friend, Dick Durbin)9 comments 5 Recs
- A Fractured History of America's Hate Affair with Taxes. Oh that most dastardly of words in the course of all human existence. Well, maybe not the most dastardly; the word “...5 comments 3 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.