Posting History for bdemelle
|Climate Denier Steve Milloy Now Director at Coal Giant Murray Energy, On CPAC Global Warming Panel
The Junkman has a new job, and yet again it involves defending fossil fuels and attacking science. Steve Milloy , who long ago dubbed himself "The Junkman," is listed as Director of External Policy &
|Frackalypse Now: Mark Fiore Spoofs Oil Industry's PSYOPS Campaign To Derail Fracking "Insurgency"
DeSmogBlog partnered with Pulitzer Prize-winning cartoonist Mark Fiore to produce this spoof video in the vein of Francis Ford Coppola's "Apocalypse Now." Making its debut today in honor of Gasland ...
|Represent.Us Campaign Launched To Promote Anti-Corruption Act
The time has come. Today marks the launch of an interesting new bi-partisan campaign to get corporate money out of U.S. politics. Two new sites - Represent.Us and AntiCorruptionAct.org - ...
|Breaking Up With Polluters To Save The Climate: CCSOS
One of the largest roadblocks that limit efforts to secure a safe global climate for the 21st century and beyond is that our elected representatives are trapped in an abusive relationship with the ...
|What Chesapeake Energy's Financial Scandals Mean For The Rest of Us
Given radioactive wastewater , earthquakes , and flammable tap water , one might think that drilling and fracking could not possibly have any more dirty secrets. But here’s the biggest secret of ...
|Internal Documents Shed Light on Heartland Institute Climate Denial Machine
Apologies this isn't formatted well, original may be easier to read. It 's at http://www.desmogblog.com/heartland-institute-exposed-internal-documents-unmask-heart-climate-denial-machine Internal ...
|Did UK Police Quietly Sideline ‘Climategate’ Hacker Investigation?
To view the graphics associated with this story visit the orignal post at DeSmogBlog.com The UK police force tasked with investigating the hacking of emails and documents from the Climatic Research ...
|Hillary Clinton's State Department Oil Services and the Keystone XL Tar Sands Pipeline [VIDEO]
With over 700 people arrested so far in the Keystone XL tar sands action taking place at the Obama White House, and widespread ...
|EIA's Politically Dictated “Garbage” Subsidy Report Obtained And Released Publicly
Originally published at DeSmogBlog The Checks and Balances Project has obtained a copy of the ...
|Denial For Hire: Willie Soon’s Career Fueled by Big Oil, Coal and Koch Money
Willie Soon, the notorious climate denier who has made a career out of attacking the IPCC and climate scientists, has received over $1 million in funding from Big Oil and coal industry sponsors over ...
|"Fracking" Shale Gas Emissions Far Worse Than Coal For Climate - Cornell Study
The Hill reported this morning on a groundbreaking report from Cornell University researchers confirming that shale gas ...
|NYT Fracking story: Regulation Lax as Gas Wells’ Tainted Water Hits Rivers
Incredible NYTimes piece on dangers of fracking on drinking water, public health and the environment. Excerpt: "...thousands of internal documents obtained by The New York Times from the ...
|Gasland Critic ‘Energy In Depth’ Was Created By Major Oil and Gas Cos According to Industry Memo
DeSmogBlog has uncovered an industry memo revealing that ‘Energy In Depth’ is hardly comprised of the mom-and-pop “small, independent oil and natural gas producers” it claims to represent. ...
|Charles Koch Challenged To Debate Prop 23 By California Student Leader Joel Francis
Joel Francis, a Marine Corps veteran and senior at Cal State Los Angeles, has issued a debate challenge to Koch Industries' billionaire CEO Charles Koch on his support for the disastrous Prop 23 ...
|Paul LePage Maine GOP Tea Party Candidate For Governor Wants to "Punch" Reporter [video]
After-interview footage has been released showing Paul LePage, Republican candidate ...
|Gulf Coast Attorneys File RICO Class Action Lawsuits Against BP
Gulf Coast law firms Levin Papantonio, Eastland Law and others have begun filing a series of civil RICO actions in Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana and Alabama to hold BP accountable for the false ...
|GOP Chooses Lord "Hitler Youth" Monckton as Expert Witness on Climate Change Science
House Republicans have chosen Lord Christopher Monckton, a non-scientist with a penchant for outrageous remarks, as its sole witness at tomorrow’s hearing in front of the Select Committee on ...
|The Profound 1st Amendment Implications of Paul Minor's SCOTUS Appeal
Paul Minor, the former Mississippi attorney turned political prisoner , is set to ...
|Why is Paul Minor Still Behind Bars?
In a recent unanimous decision, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals overturned federal bribery charges against prominent Mississippi trial attorney Paul Minor, offering a ray of hope that Minor will ...
|Puerto Rican Government Threatens Terrorism Charges For Laid-Off Workers At Oct 15 Protest
A controversial plan by Puerto Rican Governor Luis Fortuno to lay off 17,000 government workers in the coming weeks, and possibly up to 30,000 in the coming months, ...
|Wheels of Justice Are Grinding Too Slowly For Paul Minor and Other Political Prisoners
Attorney General Eric Holder did not hesitate to release Senator Ted Stevens and overturn his wrongful conviction when evidence emerged of the government's botched prosecution of the former ...
|New Justice Department Policy Signals Hope for Justice in Vieques
The Justice Department announced a much-needed new policy last week that will impose strict limits on government agencies’ use of the state secrets privilege in order to block lawsuits for ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by bdemelle
- The New England Patriots pointed to a study released today which they say shows that the alleged deflation of footballs in recent games was not due to human causes. "It's just natural variation," ...88 comments 63 Recs
- On July 6th of last year, a train carrying explosive Bakken crude oil derailed in Lac-Megantic Quebec and the end result was a town was destroyed and 47 people died. On July 6th of this year, ...40 comments 34 Recs
- The major SHOWTIME series Years of Living Dangerously has an inside look at how the billionaire Koch brothers used their advocacy group Americans for Prosperity to force New Jersey out of a regional ...3 comments 26 Recs
- Shattering the public perception that the Tea Party is a spontaneous popular citizens movement, a new academic paper provides evidence that an organization founded by David and Charles Koch, ...110 comments 282 Recs
- A new report released today exclusively on DeSmogBlog unravels a scheme that funnels money from the notorious Koch Brothers through a third party organization and which in turn makes anonymous ...7 comments 10 Recs
- The top ten reasons we need a great (convenient, affordable, clean, fast, dependable, beautiful, walk/bikeable) public transportation system in Vermont/New England/ the US of A: 10. Who doesn’t ...32 comments 66 Recs
- At the height of hurricane season in September I join the annual migration of a group of surfers to Cape Hatteras to catch the swells. One of the popular, well known surf spots we go is named S Turns,54 comments 247 Recs
- The long-awaited (cough-cough) comprehensive energy plan from presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney will be officially announced today. Comprehensive in name only. While giving a brief mention to ...82 comments 72 Recs
- I just returned from an inspiring day-long immersion at the National Clean Energy Summit 5.0 in Las Vegas. It was a veritable barrage of intelligence on everything from the latest in Smart Grid and ...19 comments 79 Recs
- From its rejection of the Kyoto Protocol to its fierce opposition to the EU aviation emissions trading scheme, the U.S. has a long history as a bad actor in the international climate fight. So how ...12 comments 32 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.