Posting History for bear83
|Supreme Court Orders Review of NC Redistricting
The US Supreme Court has thrown out a NC Supreme Court ruling that upheld Republican gerrymandering of congressional and legislative districts after the 2010 Census. The congressional maps adopted ...
|DOJ to Investigate NC Coal Ash Spill
The McCrory Administration has been a bit too cozy in the regulation of Duke Energy, McCrory's former employer. The U.S. Justice Department has launched a criminal investigation into the state ...
|NC has 5.5% Tea Party Tax on Insurance Premiums
The NC Teapublican Party, led by our esteemed Governor Pat McCrory, decided against operating a state health insurance exchange and against expanding Medicaid to help NC's working poor, all in the ...
|NC-06 - My Congressman Thinks I'm Stupid
I got stuck with Representative Howard Coble (NC-06) after the 2010 redistricting gerrymander. Thanks to NC's ever-shifting Congressional districts, Mr. Coble is my 4th representative in the past 20 ...
|Senate Judiciary Committee - the More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same
In case you thought the Senate rules reform of 2013 was going to make President Obama's judicial nominees sail through the Senate like shit though a goose, think again. Yesterday, the Senate ...
|Live Town Hall with Senator Richard Burr - Mon 11/5, 5:45 PM
Call in on the RNC's dime and ask Senator Richard Burr (R-NC) some real questions at his live town hall meeting. Monday, 11/5, 5:45 PM 877-228-2184, event code ...
|NC GOP Slips Redistricting Loophole into Budget to Avoid Obama DOJ
The NC GOP, fully in charge of the North Carolina General Assembly for the first time in a century, has decided they like being in power. In a sign of redistricting shenanigans to come, the NC GOP ...
|NC TeaOP Threatens Suit over Touchscreen Voting
Oh the irony - after all these years of Democratic wariness over touchscreen voting, the NC TeaOP is threatening to file suit over them. Apparently, voters trying to vote straight ticket for the GOP ...
|Election Day Live Blogging - NC
Welcome to the Election 2008 Live Blogging Project. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/11/4/122035/550/404/652512 Please do not recommend this diary! Instead, please recommend the ...
|Wake County, NC - Obama Surge
There is a surge of voters for Obama in Wake County, NC (Raleigh). Bush won Wake County in 2004 by 2 points. A new poll has Obama leading Wake County by 57-40.
|NC Early Voting Very Blue
Day one of early voting in North Carolina set a record with more than 100,000 votes cast, breaking the one day record for early voting by 40%. The day 1 voters were: 64% Democrats 21% ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by bear83
- Texas' state Senate districts (click to enlarge) In a move that election law expert Rick Hasen characterizes as "surprising," the Supreme Court ...73 comments 36 Recs
- Larger Image The map above shows North American land surface temperatures from May 17–24, 2015, compared to the 2001–2010 average for the same eight-day period. Shades of red depict areas that ...8 comments 20 Recs
- 33 comments 28 Recs
- Things just got a whole lot more exciting in the Arizona U.S. Senate Race: http://atr.rollcall.com/ann-kirkpatrick-to-challenge-john-mccain-in-arizona-senate/9 comments 15 Recs
- I guess the North Carolina Board of Governors educational planning committee for the University educational system didn't think these programs were important to our ...229 comments 189 Recs
- Ann Kirkpatrick Tuesday morning brought some exciting news for Arizona Democrats, as Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick announced she'd run against veteran ...57 comments 59 Recs
- House Speaker John Boehner may think it's "stupid" to suggest that the recent fatal Amtrak crash had anything to do with lack of funding, but the evidence ...111 comments 144 Recs
- A section of Refugio State Beach tainted by oil from burst pipe. Since 2006, the U.S. Pipeline and ...117 comments 147 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- No current results.