Below you'll find recent contributions related to bearian's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Religion 101: Mystical Experiences
One of the common features found in many—and perhaps most—religious traditions is the mystical experience in which the realities of time and space are suspended and there are feelings of awe and ...
|Mad Men 7.12 - 'Lost Horizon'
Caution: McCann Erickson May Be Hazardous To Your Hard-Fought Advances Against The Patriarchy. /Mad Men/ begins with an image of a man falling from a skyscraper; this week, it's the ladies' turn. ...
|IAN: Blah, blah, yakkity yak, Monday May 4, 2015
Monday! I was all set to write a diary about animal mayors, but I fell asleep at the computer while doing research :( As you can see by Itzl's concerned look, this group gives Kossacks a safe ...
|BB King receiving home hospice care
BBC BB's website . I am in home hospice care at my residence in Las Vegas. "Thanks to all for your well wishes and prayers. The Thrill is ... going. And I'm tearing up. If you don't know who BB ...
|Hey Koscadia I just received a may 19th 2015 Special election ballot for Wasington county HELP
I don't know who a SINGLE one of these people is and there's no partisan identification on such ballots Terri Burnette, Jill zurschmelde, Randy Laurer, bob Olsen, Brian clopton, Thomas acaulay, ...
|Overnight News Digest -- "Sexist Peer Reviews" Edition||rfall||04/30/2015||13|
I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I call myself that in order to distinguish myself from the dominant strain of North American Christianity. At the risk of sounding arrogant and judgmental, I am ...
|D'var Torah: Our Duty to Aid and Respect those in Need
This week's parsha is Aharay Mot and Kedoshim, Leviticus chapters 16 to 20. During leap years, it is split into two parshas, but this year is not a leap year so the two parshas are read together. ...
|Navy Vet Terp||04/30/2015||18|
|Roberts Court upholds judicial fundraising restrictions
In a move which stunned many Court observers—certainly including me—the ...
|Pope Francis calls for 'radical equality' for women's pay
Thumbs up on income equality for women! In a new speech this week, Pope Francis is continuing his radical ...
|How I ended up homeless in New York with a full time job
"Richie threatened to stab me. Should I press charges?" This was the call I got while at work over a month ago from my roommate Charlie. Richie is our other room-mate. Charlie had just moved in ...
|IAN: DIY Redecorating, Monday April 27, 2015
Monday! A day on which I blather a lot about redecorating my bedroom on a shoestring budget :) As you can see by Itzl's concerned look, this group gives Kossacks a safe place to check in, a daily ...
|Rereading "Black Theology and Black Power" After Twenty Years
"How many of Cone's books have you read?" Ever since Jeremiah Wright posed that question to Sean Hannity eight years ago, I've been meaning to write a diary on James Cone, the premier figure of ...
|Hey Let's Try to Draft Steve Novick to Primary challenge Ron Wyden
Lots and lots and lots of anti-wyden sentiment right now here in Koscadia, Let us do something productive with our Anger eh? I found his page. I will call when the sun rises https://www....
|This is going to piss some of you off but I can't support Wyden anymore. Not even in the general.
inspite of all the grassroots efforts to get him to oppose the Fast track he just ignored all of it and went ahead and voted for it, I've called his office, told him all this 20 or so times and that ...
|I see I will always end up the one that apologizes.
I'm watching the races, I just don't want to get my hopes up but I see Bernie sanders is thinking about Joining and the Effect Martin O'Malley is already having on things and I feel like the only ...
|I Endorse Al Franken for President!
For most of the past year, the Comcast-Time Warner Cable merger was considered a done deal, and all the only question was in the details. Not any more :When it was announced a little more than a ...
|Overnight News Digest -- "OK, You Get the Same Funding, but You Still Have to Make Coffee" Edition||rfall||04/23/2015||16|
|Jimmy Carter: 'Losing My Religion For Equality'
For most of his life, Jimmy Carter has been an advocate for human rights. In 1982, one year after leaving the Oval Office, the former US President and his wife Rosalynn Carter, founded ...
Recommended by bearian
- Re-post: If you would like to leave a comment the author Mounir Ghaly will see please add a comment directly to the original article page The Politicus is 100% user generated.7 comments 2 Recs
- In 2011, Gov. Chris Christie made a big push to cut ...162 comments 91 Recs
- The 13 U.S. states that raised their minimum wages at the beginning of this year are adding jobs at a faster pace than those that did not. The number of jobs grew an average of 0.85 percent from ...2 comments 10 Recs
- David Perdue It's primary day in Georgia, and a ...23 comments 45 Recs
- Ahh, the power of the magical and mystical free market at work. If Donna had done nothing, she would have ended up spending about $1,000 more a month for insurance than she will now that she went ...4 comments 10 Recs
- It could just be that I'm the slowest scholar in the room. Regardless, I've been mulling over Rick Perry's statement about Wendy Davis and asking myself: What does that even mean? Cha-cha-cha ...27 comments 24 Recs
- This year's fire season in the West has started earlier, and ...32 comments 62 Recs
- This YouTube clip from Mitch McConnell going after his new opponent Alison Lundergan Grimes might just be the strangest attack video ever: ...137 comments 65 Recs
- Short diary, but I thought it was good news worth sharing. Almost immediately after last week's historic Supreme Court ruling that struck down a key part of DOMA, public opinion on marriage ...13 comments 38 Recs
- First, let me get it out of the way that I support Ed Snowden, so you'll need to read a little further. Ed Snowden broke the law. Section 215 of the Patriot Act allows the FISA court to approve ...327 comments 260 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.