Posting History for beverlywoods
|Wolfeboro responds to commissioner's racist remarks
I see a few diaries here about the Police Commissioner's remarks and the meeting held on Thursday in which the public addressed the Commission meeting with our concerns. I live in Wolfeboro, and I ...
|New NH Law: Nursing Home Can Sue Your Kids
Last night I went to a presentation about estate planning in a neighboring town. There in a library basement meeting room a financial planner and an attorney set out to educate a capacity crowd on ...
|NH Medicaid Expansion replaces subsidized coverage with estate recovery
NH recently passed Medicaid expansion. This was needed in order to provide coverage for the many people whose incomes were too low to qualify for subsidized coverage under the ACA. However, for a ...
|Consumer Reports comes out against Estate Recovery
In a piece published yesterday , Consumer Reports advises readers in 10 states to contact their legislatures and work for changes in the estate recovery laws: Tell these 10 states: Don't let ...
|Estate Recovery: CMS speaks, confusion remains
For some weeks now, we've been waiting to hear what the Centers on Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) would say regarding those newly qualifying for Medicaid because of the Affordable Care Act. ...
|WaPo on Estate Recovery: Experts agree, everything is fine
On January 24th, 2014, the Washington Post published a story entitled "Little-known aspect of Medicaid now causing people to avoid coverage" . While I am happy that the Post decided to take notice ...
|Estate Recovery and the ACA: drastic differences between states
Since I published my previous diaries on Medicaid Estate Recovery and its implications for those of low income ages 55-64 who sign up for coverage through the Affordable Care Act and end up on ...
|NH Rebellion Walk starts Jan. 11
Starting tomorrow morning, citizens will begin walking from Dixville Notch to Nashua, New Hampshire. The walk continues the work of Granny D, who walked across the country for campaign finance reform.
|"Medicaid is Welfare. It's right to expect repayment." With poll.
Continuing my series on Medicaid expansion and Estate Recovery: Medicaid-Estate-Recovery-ACA-Unintended-Consequences Estate-Recovery-It-s-Worse-Than-You-Thought Welcome to Chapter 3: "Medicaid is ...
|Estate Recovery - It's Worse Than You Thought.
A few days ago I published a diary called Medicaid Estate Recovery + ACA: Unintended Consequences? I've learned a lot since then, some of it owing to helpful comments in that diary, and some of it ...
|Medicaid Estate Recovery + ACA: Unintended Consequences?
I've been looking into this issue for the last couple of years, and here's something I think is very important that many people don't seem to be thinking about: Medicaid + ACA + Estate Recovery = a ...
|Kiva.org in bed with Opus Dei
Kiva.org looks like a wonderful idea: a microcredit site where members can make $25 loans to the borrowers of their choice in dozens of countries all over the world. According to Kiva.org: Since ...
|"Americans For Prosperity" co-opt "Occupy" name
Good grief. WINDHAM – We The People and Americans for Prosperity New Hampshire will host a rally on Thursday to coincide with President Obama’s appearance in the state to discuss the economy. ...
|People are dying all around us
I’d like to talk with you all about my feelings about losing two friends of ours: I’ll call them Todd and Andy. Soon after graduating from college, Todd got a job at a small store in NH. Todd ...
Recently it was suggested to me by several friends that it would be great if I would write some Occupy versions of familiar carols. So for the Conway, NH Occupy event Sunday I concocted some, with ...
|A quick musical guide to recent NH politics
I've found that a lot of people have not been able to keep up with political happenings in Concord these days. "So what's been going on?" they ask me. Seth and I have done our best to fit the Cliff'...
|NH House votes to end gender discrimination
This afternoon by ONE VOTE! 188-187, the NH House of Representatives voted for HB 415, which adds "gender identity and expression" to laws meant to protect against discrimination. According to ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by beverlywoods
- Latest DC suicide holds “Tax the 1%” sign as he shoots self/Lapdog media hush reveals complicity/These men didn't die in vain. When 64 yr old Vietnam Vet John Constantino burned himself to ...151 comments 247 Recs
- It is usual following each and every mass shooting incident in this country, for there to be an out-pouring of emotion and calls to action. Indeed, were that not the case there would be something ...534 comments 425 Recs
- There was a sentence in a diary today: In the 50 years I've been on Earth, I've never once met a single man or boy who raped a woman. The diary, the diarist, really aren't important since this is ...462 comments 476 Recs
- "“I am a strong supporter of net neutrality.....What you’ve been seeing is some lobbying that says that the servers and the various portals through which you’re getting information over the ...762 comments 507 Recs
- I am revisiting a recent "scientific study": US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study . My purpose is to ask a fundamental question. If we are to accept the findings of this study,29 comments 24 Recs
- [image removed at request of copyright holder] Very few people paid attention when Shaun Donovan, U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, gave this warning in December. "We are in the ...301 comments 292 Recs
- We like to assert that Daily Kos is a reality-based community. At the very least we surely do not deny science. A new study appearing at Princeton's ...332 comments 530 Recs
- How about you take a look at ten minutes of video. David Coleman lead the language arts team for Common Core, even though he has never been a teacher. Due warning - Coleman is now head of the ...274 comments 189 Recs
- After criticism from two Democratic US senators, the Social Security Administration announced this week it is suspending a program that seized thousands of individual federal income tax refunds to ...88 comments 99 Recs
- UPDATE: The acting commissioner for the Social Security Admn Carolyn W. Colvin has stopped this collections procedure until further notice. “I have directed an immediate halt to further ...224 comments 145 Recs
- No current results.